Hamilton Update | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hamilton Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Seriously STFU. Because a kid wants to protect himself after seeing his brother get duckcked by a system everyone agrees is assinine he is somehow damaged goods!?!?

If the kid DID sign his LOI I would question his decision making.

Everyone needs to STFU about this it is a non story
Until he decides to go somewhere else. I'm old school, sign the LOI or, at least come out and confirm your comitt meant. Until then, I assume he's not coming.

Reaction Score
Until he decides to go somewhere else. I'm old school, sign the LOI or, at least come out and confirm your comitt meant. Until then, I assume he's not coming.

Here is the problem with this state of mind. He told anyone willing to listen that he committed like 4 months ago, it was big news(I forget how long it was ago and I'm not going to google it). Since then, all his tweets are of the "we" variety regarding UConn. His father has come out and literally said that despite not wanting to deal with the whole LOI travesty again, his son is on board with Ollie and UConn. His family spent $1500 to travel to NYC to cheer on our team, and drove to Storrs for a weekend unnofficial like 2 weeks ago. All the beat writers have confirmed with UConn coaching "sources" that they are very solid with Hamilton.

WTF else do you need for him to "confirm your commitment(sic)". Do you nee the kid to personally come on the boneyard and open up a visitor account and confirm it to you? Do you need his Birth Certificate and a blood sample to confirm it ?

I mean its duckcking recruiting, the kid has been very consistent with his indications.

The concept that you are taking some halfbaked tweets by a bunch of guys that are habitually wrong about this stuff over the evidence above is kinda nuts...

Reaction Score
I'm so old school that I think freshman should not even be eligible to play. #HowFarDoYouWantToTakeThisStupidLine

caw

Reaction Score
Here is the problem with this state of mind. He told anyone willing to listen that he committed like 4 months ago, it was big news(I forget how long it was ago and I'm not going to google it). Since then, all his tweets are of the "we" variety regarding UConn. His father has come out and literally said that despite not wanting to deal with the whole LOI travesty again, his son is on board with Ollie and UConn. His family spent $1500 to travel to NYC to cheer on our team, and drove to Storrs for a weekend unnofficial like 2 weeks ago. All the beat writers have confirmed with UConn coaching "sources" that they are very solid with Hamilton.

WTF else do you need for him to "confirm your commitment(sic)". Do you nee the kid to personally come on the boneyard and open up a visitor account and confirm it to you? Do you need his Birth Certificate and a blood sample to confirm it ?

I mean its duckcking recruiting, the kid has been very consistent with his indications.

The concept that you are taking some halfbaked tweets by a bunch of guys that are habitually wrong about this stuff over the evidence above is kinda nuts...

I'd love a personal visit by Daniel, Issac, Jordan, their parents, any siblings I forgot and at least four extended family members, 6 members of his high school team, 7 from his AAU (overlaps only count once), both his AAU and high school coach, his elementary school coach, Kevin Ollie, two assistants, Jim Calhoun and maybe Susan Herbst. I don't need confirmation from Manuel, sloth, Kasongo, or any Crystal Balls. I refuse to believe he is coming until that happens. Or he plays his first game. In fact I'm pretty sure there is no youngest Hamilton, he's just Jordan trying to correct the mistake of going to Texas over UConn.

Reaction Score
I think he should do what's in his best interest. He shouldn't give a flop about what we think.

Reaction Score
I can fully understand Hamilton not wanting to get stuck with a situation like his older brother. I still think he'll end up here. He seems pretty committed to UConn. Heck, eh made it to the Brooklyn game. I didn't. So he's got that on me.

(Though I was at the football game.)

Does it make me slightly more nervous? I guess. But if I'd gone through what he went through, I'd probably do the same thing. Good judgment is a pretty good trait for a basketball player.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Why? To make you, and other fans, feel better? Kid can do whatever the heck he wants. The fact that his actions are going to make fans nervous probably is, and definitely should be, of ZERO concern to him. In recruiting, I think we've learned enough to know that Fishy is right....until a kid is here and in class, he's not ours. And until a kid is somewhere else in class, he's not theirs. Why get your panties in a bunch about it?
So they can create the kid in NCAA Basketball '13 on the PS3 or Xbox and feel cozy about putting him in National Flag Blue. :D

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'd love a personal visit by Daniel, Issac, Jordan, their parents, any siblings I forgot and at least four extended family members, 6 members of his high school team, 7 from his AAU (overlaps only count once), both his AAU and high school coach, his elementary school coach, Kevin Ollie, two assistants, Jim Calhoun and maybe Susan Herbst. I don't need confirmation from Manuel, sloth, Kasongo, or any Crystal Balls. I refuse to believe he is coming until that happens. Or he plays his first game. In fact I'm pretty sure there is no youngest Hamilton, he's just Jordan trying to correct the mistake of going to Texas over UConn.
I would be much happier if his grandmother moved to Storrs. Then the speculation could be Daniel and Isaac to UConn and give the UCLA fans agita.

Reaction Score
Firm statements he is coming? Is that sort of like "You won't lose your existing insurance"? If he doesn't sign a LOI they should proceed to see if they can sign someone else close to his caliber and tell him we changed our minds.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
So we have three groups of fans on this issue. Those who have been Kasongo'd one two many times, those who are nervously optimistic but are careful to express the optimism to avoid ticking off the mojo g-ds, and those who have their panties in a bunch because they perceive DH's behavior as an insult to UConn's manhood.

Reaction Score
So we have three groups of fans on this issue. Those who have been Kasongo'd one two many times, those who are nervously optimistic but are careful to express the optimism to avoid ticking off the mojo g-ds, and those who have their panties in a bunch because they perceive DH's behavior as an insult to UConn's manhood.
I'd rather see Hamilton stuck at the last minute trying to find a team rather than us stuck at the last minute trying to find a player. If his committment to UConn is that weak, good luck to him, let's move on. It's not a macho thing at all. It's got an acronym, cya!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I'd rather see Hamilton stuck at the last minute trying to find a team rather than us stuck at the last minute trying to find a player. If his committment to UConn is that weak, good luck to him, let's move on. It's not a macho thing at all. It's got an acronym, cya!
You're proposing that his commitment isn't firm. But that is speculation. None of us really know. All we know is that if he does indeed decide to go to UCLA UConn is scr*wd. But what if he is firm on his commitment. There is no proof that an absent LOI means kids are not committed. We could end up scr*wing ourselves.

Certainly there is a danger for UConn with this process. We all are aware of that. But you're advocating KO make a lesson with this kid. Since we have no way of being certain how DH's decision will play out, the lesson can only be construed as retaliation. I'm willing to take the chance that things turn out well. I'm willing to trust the kid and his family at their word. I've been burned by people in business who went against their word, people I've trusted so I'm well aware of human nature. But I've also had many situations where people honored their commitments. It's a crapshoot. I'm just not fatalistic.

Reaction Score
Firm statements he is coming? Is that sort of like "You won't lose your existing insurance"? If he doesn't sign a LOI they should proceed to see if they can sign someone else close to his caliber and tell him we changed our minds.

Ridiculous.

We're having a snit about him not being firm to his commitment to us with an LOI, so our response is to not to be firm in our commitment to him? Great idea. That would be like solving the concern that you might see something unpleasant by stabbing yourself in the eyeballs.

Don't follow recruiting it you don't have the stomach for it.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Make sure you have a ladder to remove ball from peach basket
There won't be too many baskets being made because goal tending is still legal.

Reaction Score
Ridiculous.

We're having a snit about him not being firm to his commitment to us with an LOI, so our response is to not to be firm in our commitment to him? Great idea. That would be like solving the concern that you might see something unpleasant by stabbing yourself in the eyeballs.

Don't follow recruiting it you don't have the stomach for it.
lol at the idea you can just go out and get someone close to Hamilton's caliber, too.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Recruiting anxiety always brings out the best in our fanbase, as we take out our frustrations with the process on each other instead.

It is not unreasonable to question the commitment of a recruit who declines to sign a LOI. However firm his commitment may be, there is no denying that the reason he is not signing is to leave his options open. His family’s personal experience likely gives him very good reasons for that; but likewise UConn’s own recent experiences with wavering commitments (among other recruiting issues) has given much of our fanbase good reason to believe that the school should protect itself better from putting all its eggs in one basket and being burned.

At the end of the day, the only two people who really matter in this situation are KO and DHam. If KO trusts him, that’s good enough for me. KO has a lot more to lose than anyone else in this process. This is his call.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I'm so old school that I think freshman should not even be eligible to play. #HowFarDoYouWantToTakeThisStupidLine

At your age its a stupid line. I promise it will have more appeal when you're 45.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
At your age its a stupid line. I promise it will have more appeal when you're 45.
Unless he's Benjamin Button, I don't think that's happening.

Reaction Score

headshakeconan.gif

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I'm in the middle category. I'll leave it at this...I trust Kevin. I trust him to know whether Daniel is solid or not and to a have an understanding with the kid that if he wavers, he'll call KO immediately. He does owe UConn that much, that's just common decency. He's a stud, and we can't replace him in this class, so it isn't worth trying. The reality is he plays the position where we have the most depth anyway, so we'd be ok without him next year.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I'm in the middle category. I'll leave it at this...I trust Kevin. I trust him to know whether Daniel is solid or not and to a have an understanding with the kid that if he wavers, he'll call KO immediately. He does owe UConn that much, that's just common decency. He's a stud, and we can't replace him in this class, so it isn't worth trying. The reality is he plays the position where we have the most depth anyway, so we'd be ok without him next year.
Most sensible perspective imo. Not sure if its the most sensible because I agree with you and its my approach to this situation, or because it is THE MOST SENSIBLE approach and everyone else has it wrong.:cool:

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If he doesn't sign a LOI they should proceed to see if they can sign someone else close to his caliber and tell him we changed our minds.

Hamilton is a 5-star, top 20 ranked kid...good luck finding someone in 2014 with those kind of accolades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom