Hamilton & Brimah Staying | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Hamilton & Brimah Staying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not saying this as an attack, but what are all these insights people keep talking about? Is it really as a simple as saying "We're not doing too well with recruit _____" and then when he commits somewhere else the "insider" is validated? That seems pretty silly (particularly the way the program's recruited recently, it's a safe bet they'll miss).

I'm really having a hard time thinking of a single piece of inside information that came from some "source" on this board in the last year or so that actually turned out to be true.

but recruiting is fluid and not an exact science!!!!!!!!!!! lol :) haha

One of these days we are gonna catch a really big FISHY and I know who I am giving all the credit to for the inside scoop cause I love him soooooooooooo much!

In all seriousness I think our "insiders" actually have more info than the general public. It is all relative though. I wouldn't trade our team of "insiders" for the VCU "insiders" any day of the week. :)

Reaction Score
No offense to Zionn since he makes good quality posts here, but that whole super ambiguous, intentially misleading "board will melt down in 3,2,1..." comment was such a load of attention whoring bull**it, lost a bit of respect for the guy.

Little rough with the "attention whore BS" - don't think this is accurate at all.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Little rough with the "attention whore BS" - don't think this is accurate at all.
The way I see it, I don't doubt someone related to the program told Zionn something about a player being unhappy. But that's exactly what it was, a simple observation of a players unhappiness or growing pains of being away from home, at no point was there solid evidence someone was transferring away, especially considering Borges and the writers had a definitive "he's staying" answer only days after the initial disturbance. Surely if it was serious it would have taken more than two days to be resolved, while the tournament is still on no less.

Sometimes when people who have a relationship with someone on the inside, they take everything as a matter of fact, and those who are on the inside like to spice up stories/rumors to make them more compelling, it's the basic human nature of gossip.

But what upsets me is that when Zionn sees a post asking if everyone is coming back, instead of saying what he heard and saying "take it for what it's worth, this is just word on how DHam feels currently", he chooses to say "board imploding in 3, 2, 1", as if it's a done deal. Giving no details, and simply giving ambigious "nothings", in hopes of keeping the spotlight going for another minute. Again, it's only human nature in these types of scenarios, but I mean come on.

Reaction Score
The way I see it, I don't doubt someone related to the program told Zionn something about a player being unhappy. But that's exactly what it was, a simple observation of a players unhappiness or growing pains of being away from home, at no point was there solid evidence someone was transferring away, especially considering Borges and the writers had a definitive "he's staying" answer only days after the initial disturbance. Surely if it was serious it would have taken more than two days to be resolved, while the tournament is still on no less.

Sometimes when people who have a relationship with someone on the inside, they take everything as a matter of fact, and those who are on the inside like to spice up stories/rumors to make them more compelling, it's the basic human nature of gossip.

But what upsets me is that when Zionn sees a post asking if everyone is coming back, instead of saying what he heard and saying "take it for what it's worth, this is just word on how DHam feels currently", he chooses to say "board imploding in 3, 2, 1", as if it's a done deal. Giving no details, and simply giving ambigious "nothings", in hopes of keeping the spotlight going for another minute. Again, it's only human nature in these types of scenarios, but I mean come on.
Just like anything in life credibility is built on being CORRECT with the info. As a matter of fact no matter what you do in life your credibility depends on how good you are it. So being wrong is not a winning situation for anyone disbursing information. If I were to tell you team X will beat team Y tonight and I am incorrect....I lose some credibility (trust me that has happened to me). So even though someone may be vague it doesn't prevent the audience 80% of the time from deciphering the prediction. I don't see any harm in our BY general Crystal Ball informants as long as the reader keeps perspective. After all they are really putting themselves out there for the inevitable criticism.

I thought Quentin Snyder would be an average at best player. Well I was wrong he is playing above my expectations. I thought TSAM would up his game this year. He was a complete bust. I was wrong. Also Chukwu? Geez did I miss that 1. I thought he may be a stud quickly. SMH :)

As a side note I have been right a lot also :)!

Last edited:

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Just like anything in life credibility is built on being CORRECT with the info. As a matter of fact no matter what you do in life your credibility depends on how good you are it. So being wrong is not a winning situation for anyone disbursing information. If I were to tell you team X will beat team Y tonight and I am incorrect....I lose some credibility (trust me that has happened to me). So even though someone may be vague it doesn't prevent the audience 80% of the time from deciphering the prediction. I don't see any harm in our BY general Crystal Ball informants as long as the reader keeps perspective. After all they are really putting themselves out there for the inevitable criticism.

I thought Quentin Snyder would be an average at best player. Well I was wrong he is playing above my expectations. I thought TSAM would up his game this year. He was a complete bust. I was wrong. Also Chukwu? Geez did I miss that 1. I thought he may be a stud quickly. SMH :)

As a side note I have been right a lot also :)!
Not sure I'm getting what your trying to say. Regardless, all I'm saying I there is a right way and a wrong way to present a potential event/idea/thought. And the whole "Whose leaving the program" thread was littered with people presenting info in the "wrong" way. I'm just calling it how I see it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He can present what he knows however the hell he wants - and he's right a hell of lot more often that he's wrong.

On that alone, he's worth more than the entire lot of the bitch-and-moan crowd.

Put him on ignore if that bothers you.

Reaction Score
He can present what he knows however the hell he wants - and he's right a hell of lot more often that he's wrong.

On that alone, he's worth more than the entire lot of the bitch-and-moan crowd.

Put him on ignore if that bothers you.
Amen. Keep it coming Zionn.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm not saying this as an attack, but what are all these insights people keep talking about? Is it really as a simple as saying "We're not doing too well with recruit _____" and then when he commits somewhere else the "insider" is validated? That seems pretty silly (particularly the way the program's recruited recently, it's a safe bet they'll miss).

I'm really having a hard time thinking of a single piece of inside information that came from some "source" on this board in the last year or so that actually turned out to be true.
So ignore everyone's posts on it. From my perspective I want to hear what people have to say and make my judgment as to credibility. I'm not a huge fan of the guys crap all over people who are trying to share information. I'm not saying that's you Big E, just making a point.

Reaction Score
So ignore everyone's posts on it. From my perspective I want to hear what people have to say and make my judgment as to credibility. I'm not a huge fan of the guys crap all over people who are trying to share information. I'm not saying that's you Big E, just making a point.

Yeah, that's fair, I've never said otherwise, but there still hasn't been an answer to my question.

Reaction Score

Do you really think though that this was "just 2 days?" I mean somewhere between his Grandma being really sick and near the end and her dying probably started this idea that maybe being closer to home just in case is where I should be? Again, I know nothing but I'm guessing the kid had trouble with this time in his life as he seems to be a great kid from a tight knit family. So after the season mom had a talk with him and let him know all will be fine right where you are. Maybe?

Reaction Score
I think other posters like myself just chimed in that for the secondary person that was going to leave it was either OC, Rock or KF. I mean I think OC is realizing that he isn't good enough to get starter minutes at UCONN and probably would like a chance to play at a smaller school in NY. I could see him starting for a team like Iona or Albany. Just a thought I think a lot of us came up with.
This is just dumb, kid averaged ten a game in the big east as a freshman. He's definitely good enough to do that in the AAC.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Don't see how anyone could be pissed about vague tidbits being passed on. Hey it may not be stuff that we want to read but that kind of stuff can be invaluable. If the person can usually provide good insight but doesn't nail it every now and then so what?

Reaction Score
Don't see how anyone could be pissed about vague tidbits being passed on. Hey it may not be stuff that we want to read but that kind of stuff can be invaluable. If the person can usually provide good insight but doesn't nail it every now and then so what?

We're talking about a "tidbit" here that had no content in it. It was just vagueness for the purpose of riling people.

Reaction Score
Leebo - please re-read my comment RE: transfer talk. What are we missing in connecting the dots here?

Reaction Score
Sounds like there was some credibility to this if you hear from Zionn and Fishy. Sounded like the kid had to be convinced to not transfer after being home sick. Sounds like KO did a good job. They were just putting out real credible information our there that was more in a state of flux last week. People need to chill as I rather know something than be blindsided by it.

What if Isaac torches the Zags for 34 pts, hits the game winner to send UCLA to the E8, is interviewed by Nance after the game and then holds his arms open on his way to the locker room for this MaCall chick to jump into. IF all this happens then Zionn's prediction could still come to fruition...Yes? No? Maybe make more homesickness?

Reaction Score
I give up. You can go back one page on this one to catch what I'm even referring.

You could specify what comment you're talking about. We have the ability to link and quote here.

I don't think I'm going to change my position that your meltdown comment was an empty troll comment, though.

Reaction Score
Here's something to remember when someone posts a tidbit that they heard. 25 years ago or so, Jim Calhoun and his staff popped a cork in a champagne bottle to celebrate that they had landed their top recruit - a guy named Bill Curley. If the internet existed back then and Pat Calhoun had a Boneyard handle, she could have posted that Curley was a lock for UConn with as good of an inside connection as you could hope for (sleeping with the head coach). And she would have been wrong.

Reaction Score
Boneyarders have a number of reasons to be concerned regarding conference and recruiting but this just wasn't even for 1 second one of them. In 1 year yes but more so for Hamilton than Brimah who no matter what he does skill wise in the off season has too much ground to make up with basketball experience and strength. Hamilton is almost there and I think we have him for 1 more. All meltdowns should be restricted to recruiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom