Hamilton & Brimah Staying | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Hamilton & Brimah Staying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Zionn and Fishy both posted what they both heard was likely very close to happening.

Luckily for us, KO convinced him otherwise.

My only gripe is that the post was sensationalized with "boneyard meltdown" by zionn.

I choose to believe both guys were correct at the time due to their track record on these things.

The players on the team should really become closer with him. Try to do what they can to take his mind off of home a little bit. There's no doubt in my mind that this whole family situation going on right now affected his poor play in March. But he's just a teenager. Let's cut him some slack. Hopefully he gets stronger and improves his shot over the offseason and comes back a much better player.

Reaction Score
I like both posters but weren't they also completely wrong about Omar Calhoun?
I think other posters like myself just chimed in that for the secondary person that was going to leave it was either OC, Rock or KF. I mean I think OC is realizing that he isn't good enough to get starter minutes at UCONN and probably would like a chance to play at a smaller school in NY. I could see him starting for a team like Iona or Albany. Just a thought I think a lot of us came up with.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I like both posters but weren't they also completely wrong about Omar Calhoun?

Fishy said he had something to the effect of a theory on why Omar wasn't playing. Was obvious he was referring of a transfer but he didn't present it as a fact.

Reaction Score
Never said a thing about OC. Happy to keep falling on sword here guys.
Sorry, it was that baastid Fishy. I enjoy your posts and Intel, it's just you scared the out of some of us over nothing.

Reaction Score
I dont understand why everyone gets their knickers in knots when someone was wrong about potential bad news. This is a freaking internet fanboard, you take everything with a grain of salt, I dont care who the poster is. Also, if posters are trying to give us insights, which at the time may have been accurate and things change, so what? I at least give credit to the people who try to give us nuggets that we may not otherwise have access too, and it is up to me if i want to believe it, or how much stock i want to put into it.

I dont get the whole shoot the messenger thing. If some people want to treat postings from anonymous posters as fact, thats on you, not on the poster. I say keep giving us the facts, half facts, outright speculation, whatever, and I will decide what to believe.....

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Sorry, it was that baastid Fishy. I enjoy your posts and Intel, it's just you scared the out of some of us over nothing.

I doubt this. It was over something, the something just got fixed is all. I don't think either of them passed on faulty information. Neither of them said it was 100% certain. It ended up working out for UConn, and we're all happy about that.

Reaction Score
I dont understand why everyone gets their knickers in knots when someone was wrong about potential bad news. This is a freaking internet fanboard, you take everything with a grain of salt, I dont care who the poster is. Also, if posters are trying to give us insights, which at the time may have been accurate and things change, so what? I at least give credit to the people who try to give us nuggets that we may not otherwise have access too, and it is up to me if i want to believe it, or how much stock i want to put into it.

I dont get the whole shoot the messenger thing. If some people want to treat postings from anonymous posters as fact, thats on you, not on the poster. I say keep giving us the facts, half facts, outright speculation, whatever, and I will decide what to believe.....

Steps for being an insider:

1) Post a vague comment about possible bad news or good news.
2) Wait and see what happens.
3) If something does happen, act like it has something to do with your vague comment.

PS, it's okay if it is the opposite, like bad news when you said good or vice versa, because that's just the luck of the draw.

Reaction Score
Thrilled to hear that Hamilton is staying. Getting your feet wet as as a freshman and posting 11/8/4 is pretty damn special. He's going to be a major problem next year.

Reaction Score
Wow Leebo - keep it coming. Never proclaimed myself to be an 'insider' or a special member of the Yard. Been part of this community for a long time. In recent years I just managed to have some direct connections to program. Occasionally I pass stuff along. If you follow my posts, they are mostly recruiting related and offering insights to direction of top targets. Mostly to offer early insight when it is not moving in our favor. I can refrain from that, but many Yarders get wrapped up in this stuff and if clear it is not happening - I have weighed in.

This particular comment, that I'm still fine with being roasted on was a real deal. A foot out the door situation that would have indeed been a meltdown. Much like recruiting....a fluid situation. Glad it worked out favorably for all. That said - I clarified my vagueness because transfer speculation is one of the only rules for the Yard. I get it. Will remain silent moving forward on topics of this nature.

Reaction Score
During the Clarke and Mack recruitments, one day all our recruiting guys would hint that we were in good shape and a few days later, it would be "next" and then a few weeks later it would be "good shape" again. At least thats how I remember it. It was annoying process, regardless of whether it was fickle kids or bad info.

That said, I do appreciate all info and I'm sure some of the annoyance is that recent predictions have been negative, and bad outcomes have been occurring.

We have so many middle-aged white UCONN alums, I'd be shocked if one of them didn't have a friend of Glenn Miller or something similar.

Reaction Score
Wow Leebo - keep it coming. Never proclaimed myself to be an 'insider' or a special member of the Yard. Been part of this community for a long time. In recent years I just managed to have some direct connections to program. Occasionally I pass stuff along. If you follow my posts, they are mostly recruiting related and offering insights to direction of top targets. Mostly to offer early insight when it is not moving in our favor. I can refrain from that, but many Yarders get wrapped up in this stuff and if clear it is not happening - I have weighed in.

This particular comment, that I'm still fine with being roasted on was a real deal. A foot out the door situation that would have indeed been a meltdown. Much like recruiting....a fluid situation. Glad it worked out favorably for all. That said - I clarified my vagueness because transfer speculation is one of the only rules for the Yard. I get it. Will remain silent moving forward on topics of this nature.
Just wondering Zionn, what did you hear exactly? Was it more in the mold of transferring or declaring? If you don't want to answer that's fine.

Reaction Score

Ignore the idiots and the internet tough guys. The information you provide -- vague as it is -- is valuable. If some people get their panties in a wad over feeling like they're being led on, they can ignore it.

My only advice would be to say as much as you can about the nature of how you know what you know (e.g. "a buddy of mine plays golf with someone on the staff; they heard whispers that a player we might not expect is considering leaving for personal reasons"). That gives the right context.

The credibility comes with time, and people should know you're not straight-up trolling.

Reaction Score
Just wondering Zionn, what did you hear exactly? Was it more in the mold of transferring or declaring? If you don't want to answer that's fine.
I think Zionn hinted a little while back from another person's reply about leaving for NBA was stupid that it was actually about transferring to another college. I know that blew me away he was actually thinking of going that route but maybe the homesickness was getting that hard for him to deal with before his talks with KO. Good think KO knows how it is playing so far from home.

Reaction Score
Yeah, by all means, give us a car wash yarn to go with the vague comments, if it's all the same.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I think Zionn hinted a little while back from another person's reply about leaving for NBA was stupid that it was actually about transferring to another college. I know that blew me away he was actually thinking of going that route but maybe the homesickness was getting that hard for him to deal with before his talks with KO.

Remember, kids say the darnedest things. Especially teenagers. Until I had one (and more) myself, I never fully appreciated just how many of them they say. It's really mind-boggling.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I heard from some insiders were also recruiting chad ochocinco. I have good sources that I really trust
The Simonize guy?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Why because you actually have a basis for what you say unlike the vast majority on the board? No worries Z. Keep doing what you do and letting us know what you can. Keep the ignore function handy for the occasional over the top critic.

Reaction Score
I think Zionn should recruit Champs0409 (or is it 0904?) into his "inner circle". Wouldn't this duo be pretty hard to contend with from an intel perspective? As a matter of fact I think Champs0904 (or 0409) should send the Gonzaga coaching staff a complete break down of how to destroy UCLA. This way Daniel doesn't have to watch his brother at UCLA get one step from the Final4. Mark Few could always use the help this time of year...:)

Reaction Score
Zion I for one appreciate the insights. The last thing I want is for you or anyone else with some inside info to keep it to themselves. We should all understand that they are rumors which of course can change.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
That these two are staying is great news. I think as a Soph, Hamilton will have his coming out party. I also think a healthy off season will benefit Brimah. Purvis should build on the lte season heroics and Adams brings a good game. I'd like to see a 5th year come in to help with the handle and/or can be dangerous from behind the arc.

Reaction Score
Why because you actually have a basis for what you say unlike the vast majority on the board? No worries Z. Keep doing what you do and letting us know what you can. Keep the ignore function handy for the occasional over the top critic.

I'm not saying this as an attack, but what are all these insights people keep talking about? Is it really as a simple as saying "We're not doing too well with recruit _____" and then when he commits somewhere else the "insider" is validated? That seems pretty silly (particularly the way the program's recruited recently, it's a safe bet they'll miss).

I'm really having a hard time thinking of a single piece of inside information that came from some "source" on this board in the last year or so that actually turned out to be true.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm really having a hard time thinking of a single piece of inside information that came from some "source" on this board in the last year or so that actually turned out to be true.

Apparently you don't read the Beer, Grinder or Pizza threads. I've been on the money with a lot of inside info in those threads, as have several others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom