Hamilton & Brimah Staying | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hamilton & Brimah Staying

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
ew, no
A guy I knew who was from Pittsburgh said bucco. Never heard it before or since. Figured he was a Pirates fan.

Reaction Score
A guy I knew who was from Pittsburgh said bucco. Never heard it before or since. Figured he was a Pirates fan.

After some googling, it would appear "bucko" is the spelling, but I think the meaning is understandable either way.

I'm from Connecticut btw.

Reaction Score
ew, no

Listen, the meltdown isn't happening. The only four players that would cause a meltdown would be Adams, Purvis, Hamilton, and Brimah, Adams is committed, loves this program, and still tweets about UConn to this day; he'll be wearing a UConn jersey next season. Purvis tweeted that he'll be back; not going anywhere. Hamilton's mom said he'll be back at UConn next season; not going anywhere. Brimah's guardian says he's not thinking about transferring; not going anywhere. Therefore, the players that would cause a meltdown are staying. There's no meltdown.

Reaction Score
Listen, the meltdown isn't happening. The only four players that would cause a meltdown would be Adams, Purvis, Hamilton, and Brimah, Adams is committed, loves this program, and still tweets about UConn to this day; he'll be wearing a UConn jersey next season. Purvis tweeted that he'll be back; not going anywhere. Hamilton's mom said he'll be back at UConn next season; not going anywhere. Brimah's guardian says he's not thinking about transferring; not going anywhere. Therefore, the players that would cause a meltdown are staying. There's no meltdown.

Are you calling the insiders of this board, who go to great lengths to send the board into turmoil, liars? If that were the case, they would have to be pretty inconsiderate. I expect more from residents of the Boneyard!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
After some googling, it would appear "bucko" is the spelling, but I think the meaning is understandable either way.

I'm from Connecticut btw.
Yeah I should have corrected you. I'm sending Mamadou to your house when he's finished with Fishy.

Reaction Score
Are you calling the insiders of this board, who go to great lengths to send the board into turmoil, liars? If that were the case, they would have to be pretty inconsiderate. I expect more from residents of the Boneyard!

One of the insiders just said that since Hamilton is staying, there's only one more possible departure - one we wouldn't lose sleep over. So the meltdown isn't happening, that was speculation that turned out to be false. Stop trying to carry this on. No meltdown. Period.

Reaction Score
I never been so happy to be wrong. There was real smoke here.

Great to hear from such a reliable source. So this meltdown is no longer happening, correct?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
One of the insiders just said that since Hamilton is staying, there's only one more possible departure - one we wouldn't lose sleep over. So the meltdown isn't happening, that was speculation that turned out to be false. Stop trying to carry this on. No meltdown. Period.
He's being facetious. Ragging on the insiders who were wrong about this one.

Reaction Score

Okay, I tried 3 times, so I'll just stop and tell you I was being sarcastic.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Great to hear from such a reliable source. So this meltdown is no longer happening, correct?

The only meltdown was the high generation of traffic resulted from that discussion/thread. But the servers are still running.

Reaction Score
Not if Mom is correct which I have to assume she is.

Momma's always right. Let's be honest, he would have been a first round pick but he's not even close to ready for the NBA.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I never been so happy to be wrong. There was real smoke here.
So if I understand the smoke signals, someone who has connections to the coaches or players (you or someone you know) interpreted DHam's recent demeanor as indication he wasn't happy with the program making it likely that DHam would be leaving . So what we were getting from you was someone's interpretation of things. Because Mom was certainly clear DHam and his family like his college experience.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I guess that's what the Boneyard insiders will tell themselves to weasle out of yet another L they've taken. The deadline is about a month away, that's some pretty quick convincing.
Given that just about everyone that wasn't Daniel Hamilton thought it would be silly for him to declare, I am not surprised it didn't take much to convince him (assuming there was actually smoke around him leaving). Ollie knows the NBA pretty well and I'm sure he has plenty of contacts around the league so I'm sure that a player like Hamilton would take his advice to heart.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
No offense to Zionn since he makes good quality posts here, but that whole super ambiguous, intentially misleading "board will melt down in 3,2,1..." comment was such a load of attention whoring bull**it, lost a bit of respect for the guy.

Reaction Score
I don't know about the whole "respect" part but the supposed "insiders" who make cryptic posts that cause the masses to freak out and then get indignant when they're questioned don't seem to have all that much in the way of inside information.

Reaction Score
Never gave it a countdown, but I get where you're coming from.

No - nothing to do with demeanor or observations. Death in his family and being across country were major issues for a young kid. Think we could all relate. Distance more than demeanor. Never once said he did not enjoy playing for Ollie or being a student at Uconn.

I have thick skin. Like I said - glad to be wrong, but get folks being set and thinking I'm just wanting attention. Never my intent.

Reaction Score
zion just curious what the smoke was besides the family issues. were you told something or just a hunch

Reaction Score
Given that just about everyone that wasn't Daniel Hamilton thought it would be silly for him to declare, I am not surprised it didn't take much to convince him (assuming there was actually smoke around him leaving). Ollie knows the NBA pretty well and I'm sure he has plenty of contacts around the league so I'm sure that a player like Hamilton would take his advice to heart.
You can believe what you want, I've seen the "insiders" take too many Ls to get caught up in the fear mongering.

Reaction Score
Gotta set the groundwork for everyone to believe the next mystery comment.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Never gave it a countdown, but I get where you're coming from.

No - nothing to do with demeanor or observations. Death in his family and being across country were major issues for a young kid. Think we could all relate. Distance more than demeanor. Never once said he did not enjoy playing for Ollie or being a student at Uconn.

I have thick skin. Like I said - glad to be wrong, but get folks being set and thinking I'm just wanting attention. Never my intent.
Point is the message delivered was based on someones interpretation of things. That is quite different than someone stating they heard a player is leaving which is how I took your post. And I'm sure I wasn't alone.

I welcome your connections. I'm not trying to push it away. But even insiders sometimes make assumptions and interpretations of events and it behooves us to be cautious about how we relate their information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom