Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 93 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
OK back on topic, I took a look at the 247 predictions. Basically to summarize movement today, we have two Duke guys (Chad Lykins and Adam Rowe) who switched to Kentucky. Conversely, we have a Maryland guy (Jeff Ermann) who switched to UConn.

To make a long story short, not everything is trending in the negative direction.
The longer this drags out the more I think he's to the nba either by uk or not

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Guys...please.
Look. He said he's going to take his officials. He still has one left. He will go to Zona and he will leave Zona. Shortly after that visit he will make/announce his choice. This kid is being level headed and mature about this.
Obviously I want him as bad as anyone but it's his call. My gut feeling is still good. I think he loves UCONN and just wanted to see what else is out there.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Guys...please.
Look. He said he's going to take his officials. He still has one left. He will go to Zona and he will leave Zona. Shortly after that visit he will make/announce his choice. This kid is being level headed and mature about this.
Obviously I want him as bad as anyone but it's his call. My gut feeling is still good. I think he loves UCONN and just wanted to see what else is out there.

I agree - great post
He owes it to himself to look at the teams/programs which showed him the most attention as well as the best fits
I don't think Kensucky is a good fit because the PT just isn't there UNLESS he changes and commits for 2017
Zona has the scholly BUT if he stays only the semester he better decide because they start school 01/09 and its a long way to go for 3 months
The one that makes the most sense is UConn for distance, PT and familiarity

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The only person that really cares is you. You are the only one who comes here to discuss moral platitudes and hop on every opportunity to put himself on a pedestal. The idea that this boards most notorious and constant villain is an angel here while my "credibility" ( :D ) takes a hit is really a knee slapper.
OK - you keep your idea and the rest of us will keep ours towards this subject
Name calling and wanting people to swallow knives gets you no where
I don't agree with you on this but respect your opinion
BTW - I don't know Stair but I don't think he is all that high and mighty as you claim (no knock on you Stair)
Let's stay on the Ham issue - it's seems to be less volatile

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Guys...please.
He's literally doing the most mature thing possible. This is a multi-, multi-million dollar potential decision. The fact that he's taking his time with it should give people confidence that he's not just some kid dazzled by the most sparkle, but rather he's really crunching some numbers.

I'd encourage those on this board to show the same kind of patience and thoroughness in their thought processes. Maybe then you all could be as grown up and level headed as an 18-year-old hoops phenom.

Reaction Score
Make a decision will ya! This is getting old. I really don't care where he goes at this point. If we get him, great.. if not, we move on.

Reaction Score
Yes, I was gonna mention that. Just s0me proof that one high level recruit stated it did matter to him. The problem with this argument is, unless a reporter asks a kid the question, they aren't likely to say that it matters. That being said, I think it's possible to assume most recruits would rather play in a top conference, and that doesn't mean it's a deal breaker.
Haha you cannot be serious. You didn't think the fact he committed to play in the Big East was worth mentioning? Thanks for the solid info...

Reaction Score
No, I already said in an earlier post that it's relevant in both sports.
So why is that article about football more valid than the article I posted from Dave Telep that specifically talks about college basketball recruiting post conference realignment and how top recruits don't really care about conference?

Reaction Score
So why is that article about football more valid than the article I posted from Dave Telep that specifically talks about college basketball recruiting post conference realignment and how top recruits don't really care about conference?

In this thread we have seen several articles being used as evidence in favor of the poster's argument. These articles include:
An article about college football, where recruiting is entirely different as G5 schools don't have the same postseason opportunities
An article where a recruit claims he wants to play in the ACC, but ends up in the Big East
An article from 5 years ago before the American was even a conference!

All these articles are irrelevant! I don't even see how this is an ongoing argument. Can we please put it to rest. It is so obvious. Conference affiliation does matter, but it is not the most important factor. Recruiting would be easier for KO in a better conference. The ceiling is higher but we wouldn't immediately become Duke/UK. Some schools in P5's still suck at recruiting (like BC) because conference is not the only important factor. Other schools with no real advantages land a 4* every year or so and are largely benefited by their conference (Rutgers).

I would rather see BU,7774, BigErn and Stainmaster on each other than see a continuation of this tired argument.

Reaction Score
@walker11 I think you could argue that being in a really tough conference actually impedes recruiting sometimes. Look at how schools like Providence and Seton Hall have seen an uptick in recruiting since their moves to the NBE. Some of that is a function of coaching change (Cooley is a very charismatic guy who started recruiting well even before the transition), but I also think its a lot tougher to recruit when you're expected to finish 13th in your conference instead of say, fourth, in an easier league. Put Boston College in a league like the A-10 and I bet their recruiting improves immediately. Look at how well Rhode Island recruits - they weren't demonstrably better than BC when Hurley first got there, but being in the A-10 benefited them in a way that being in the ACC wouldn't have.

Reaction Score
@walker11 I think you could argue that being in a really tough conference actually impedes recruiting sometimes. Look at how schools like Providence and Seton Hall have seen an uptick in recruiting since their moves to the NBE. Some of that is a function of coaching change (Cooley is a very charismatic guy who started recruiting well even before the transition), but I also think its a lot tougher to recruit when you're expected to finish 13th in your conference instead of say, fourth, in an easier league. Put Boston College in a league like the A-10 and I bet their recruiting improves immediately. Look at how well Rhode Island recruits - they weren't demonstrably better than BC when Hurley first got there, but being in the A-10 benefited them in a way that being in the ACC wouldn't have.

Yea it is a complicated issue. The back and forth of crap arguments was just getting tiresome. I'm not so sure about your premise but I haven't thought a lot about it. I can easily play a quick devil's advocate to all of your scenarios, though. Coaching is arguably the most important factor for any recruit. Like you said, Cooley was already an uptick before they split up. Dunn was and Old Big East recruit. Seton Hall had some elite recruits under their old regime (probably Amaker, who no shock, is killing it at Harvard) like Barrett and Griffin. Both McD's I believe. Switch the coaches at BC and URI - I have no doubt URI would be in the tank and Hurley would be lining up talented rosters at BC.

Reaction Score
Jerry Meyer CrystalBall just switched to KY.....opening up a significant lead in predictions....I guess we can put the duck*n thread out to pasture soon....damn shame if he's right.

Last edited:

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Jerry Meyer CrystalBall just switched to KY.....I guess we can put the duck*n thread out to pasture soon....damn shame if he's right.
I hate to be redundant but........Please sign somewhere before this thread hits a million views......
upload_2016-12-30_14-48-17.png

Reaction Score
I imagine it being quite easy to be blown by a UK visit. I'm sure he had nice talks with Monk and Fox, both projected to be 1 and done lotto picks. The exposure can't be beaten. If he decides to go to UK, you have to believe he will enroll early, but not play until next year. This has to be an incredibly difficult pick for him. I may be in the minority, but I will be a fan of his wherever he lands and am pretty excited to see how his game translates to college.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Jerry Meyer CrystalBall just switched to KY.....opening up a significant lead in predictions....I guess we can put the duck*n thread out to pasture soon....damn shame if he's right.
Crystal ball is never wrong, of course. Which is why after the last huge shift in the picks -- toward UConn -- he immediately committed here.

Reaction Score
Crystal ball is never wrong, of course. Which is why after the last huge shift in the picks -- toward UConn -- he immediately committed here.
My guy could be wrong but I've still heard UConn recently. As we know nothing is certain with teenagers or adults though.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately I have a feeling that slimy Cal has polluted his brain to our detriment.

Reaction Score
Hearing not so good things about UConn's chances... cal selling it

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In this thread we have seen several articles being used as evidence in favor of the poster's argument. These articles include:
An article about college football, where recruiting is entirely different as G5 schools don't have the same postseason opportunities
An article where a recruit claims he wants to play in the ACC, but ends up in the Big East
An article from 5 years ago before the American was even a conference!

All these articles are irrelevant! I don't even see how this is an ongoing argument. Can we please put it to rest. It is so obvious. Conference affiliation does matter, but it is not the most important factor. Recruiting would be easier for KO in a better conference. The ceiling is higher but we wouldn't immediately become Duke/UK. Some schools in P5's still suck at recruiting (like BC) because conference is not the only important factor. Other schools with no real advantages land a 4* every year or so and are largely benefited by their conference (Rutgers).

I would rather see BU,7774, BigErn and Stainmaster on each other than see a continuation of this tired argument.
The article I linked is 3 1/2 years old, was written after the American was formed, and was written specifically to talk about the impact realignment would have on recruiting. But I agree it's not worth going back and forth about anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom