Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 95 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This thread has reached Brandon Bass proportions (for those of us old enough to remember). The Boneyard site crashed on that one.
If Diallo goes to Kentucky so be it. KO, the staff and players did everything they could do to land Diallo. Our recruiting has been pretty damn good overall.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
This. And this is why failing to land Diallo here would be so alarming. This is a perfect storm for KO being able to land a Top 10 guy. If he can't get this one, kiss goodbye the idea of getting anyone else in the future.
And hasn't KO been on this kid since 9th grade? Cal sweeps in late and gets him? If he loses him now, that's not a good sign especially since he hangs out and plays with the team. This might be an indictment on the state of the program. I thought the injuries would actually help us with him and his NBA goal.

Reaction Score
Given the circumstances (postseason ban, conference affiliation) Ollie has done a spectacular job recruiting not only high school guys but transfers as well. Development is another debate, but I don't know how anyone can say bad things about Ollie as a recruiter. Even if we don't get Diallo, missing out on one guy shouldn't change that narrative.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
This is basically a pitch perfect end to 2016.

Reaction Score
And hasn't KO been on this kid since 9th grade? Cal sweeps in late and gets him? If he loses him now, that's not a good sign especially since he hangs out and plays with the team. This might be an indictment on the state of the program. I thought the injuries would actually help us with him and his NBA goal.

I wouldn't necessarily phrase it as Cal "sweeping in late." For all we know it may simply have to do with how poor our record is this year and that Diallo wants to be able to play in the tournament. But who knows.

Reaction Score
This. And this is why failing to land Diallo here would be so alarming. This is a perfect storm for KO being able to land a Top 10 guy. If he can't get this one, kiss goodbye the idea of getting anyone else in the future.

Shades of failing to land homegrown guys like Gminski, Smith and Matthews back in our YanCon and early BE days. It was frustrating then and 4 NCs later it would be even more frustrating and far more concerning.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Calimari is visiting Hami today. Hopefully Ollie is calling or visiting as well.

John Calipari visiting Hamidou Diallo
Eating-Popcorn-Soda.gif

Reaction Score
Its a Kentucky super mom writing about Calimari's super recruiting skills. Let's not get our panties in a twist. Then again just in case someone call Chief and BigErn to meet Calimari at the airport LOL.
Calimari basically dissed us( jack up shots) and the Cuse(2-3 zone) in that interview with Phil Knight.

P.S. HAMI COMMIT BRING HAMMER TIME BACK TO STORRS!

That wasn't about UConn, and it said nothing about jacking up shots.

Reaction Score
Does anyone think a Diallo will break into that Kentucky rotation with significant minutes this year? Calipari is fine tuning for the tourney already.

Reaction Score
Does anyone think a Diallo will break into that Kentucky rotation with significant minutes this year? Calipari is fine tuning for the tourney already.
No way. but i mean, he could just use this semester as a warm up , and then be a full fledged starter come fall 2017.

Isnt meyer just doing the typical, 'change crystal ball to the latest school to get a visit' shtick here? I have a feeling no one has a clue which way he is leaning.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone really knows. For all we know Hami told Calipari he was leaning towards uconn and Cal is trying to play catch up. Not likely but no one really seams to know.

Reaction Score
Call me crazy, I still think we get him. I know it's night and day, but on the women's side, we were in this almost same position with this years #1 player and it looked ok. Then in the end it looked how this looks now. Then out of nowhere, she said she did go back and forth on her decision, but ended up where she first thought she would. I think he is thinking Kentucky but won't pull the trigger. The same way Cal is coming right after his visit...we'll this other school did the same thing with her. To me he's desperate it shows. He knows he didn't close on the visit. This is playing out the exact same way. Hopefully it ends the same.

H

huskymagic

People, people Hami says it himself on Instagram "Watch Me Shock the World". He's not gonna shock anyone at Kentucky. He will shock the world at UCONN by helping us win the AAC tournament and then leading us to the the title... He's good friends with Tobias Harris who was a top 10 recruit himself and shocked the world by not going to Kentucky and Calimari but to Tennessee. It worked out for him in the NBA as well.
The crystal ball picks have been from the Duke and Kentucky guys with Meyer following suit. In between all that the Lousiville guy and the Maryland guy voted for UCONN. Ollie better be working the phones today preferably Skyping with Mamadou as well to reinforce the home and family aspect.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Given the circumstances (postseason ban, conference affiliation) Ollie has done a spectacular job recruiting not only high school guys but transfers as well. Development is another debate, but I don't know how anyone can say bad things about Ollie as a recruiter. Even if we don't get Diallo, missing out on one guy shouldn't change that narrative.
I hate to point this out but......Diamond Stone, Terry Larrier (1st time around), Tevin Mack etc. It seems like most of the recruits that KO (and the Boneyard) focused on as priority went elsewhere. He's gotten his fair share of recruits for sure, Jalen Adams probably the best, but he doesn't have a good record at closing on his high priority ones when faced with tough competition from other programs. I don't think I've seen KO focus on a recruit as much as he has with Diallo.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
People, people Hami says it himself on Instagram "Watch Me Shock the World". He's not gonna shock anyone at Kentucky. He will shock the world at UCONN by helping us win the AAC tournament and then leading us to the the title... He's good friends with Tobias Harris who was a top 10 recruit himself and shocked the world by not going to Kentucky and Calimari but to Tennessee. It worked out for him in the NBA as well.
The crystal ball picks have been from the Duke and Kentucky guys with Meyer following suit. In between all that the Lousiville guy and the Maryland guy voted for UCONN. Ollie better be working the phones today preferably Skyping with Mamadou as well to reinforce the home and family aspect.

Shocking the world would be signing with the University of Hartford, not when it's between Kentucky, Arizona and UCONN. Just sayin'....... :p

Reaction Score
I hate to point this out but.Diamond Stone, Terry Larrier (1st time around), Tevin Mack etc. It seems like most of the recruits that KO (and the Boneyard) focused on as priority went elsewhere. He's gotten his fair share of recruits for sure, Jalen Adams probably the best, but he doesn't have a good record at closing on his high priority ones when faced with tough competition from other programs. I don't think I've seen KO focus on a recruit as much as he has with Diallo.

dont get how you can say this. guys first recruit was his number one priority and beat out zona and a host of other pac12 schools for d ham. then got adams (ville+kansas), clear cut #1 target. THEN, gets alterique gilbert (cuse , ville), a clear cut #1 target. this is all consecutive, MAL(ville, probably more schools if he didn't lock it down so earrly) was probably second to diallo but HD hasn't signed anywhere yet. KO is batting pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom