Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 40 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He'll be on to his next 1 and done All American, so I don't think it would bother him for very long at all. I would enjoy the hell out of it though, especially remembering that story about how he shut down Cronin after putting in 1/30 of the effort and getting the recruit anyway.

Here’s the prologue in short: Parrish says there was a prominent coach within the last three years that had been recruiting a kid hard, attended over thirty of his games over two years, etc. Calipari came in after seeing the kid once the previous summer and watched him play one game. The recruit then committed to Kentucky. That’s not the craziest part. According to Parrish, the coach started spreading rumors about how Cal must have cheated to get the recruit, that he barely knew his name, etc. So, Cal confronted the coach in Vegas.

Parrish recounts the story, which he says he heard from five different sources:

“100% true, John confronts this guy in Vegas, because he heard the guy was yapping. He confronts him. Cal approaches the coach and says something like ‘Listen, I know what you’ve been saying’

‘No, I haven’t been saying–‘

‘I know you did, I know you said what you said. I’ve heard it from enough people, but I want you to understand one thing. Yes I am the type of guy who can come in at the last minute and take any player I want from you. You can spend your whole life recruiting a kid and at the end of the day, if I want him, I’ll get him. If we want him, we’ll get him. Don’t ever get that confused. Be appreciative every time I don’t come in and get your guy. Don’t accuse me of cheating when I do.

‘I didn’t say–‘

‘Yes you did say that. And it’s fine, but just understand, nothing stupid went on. It’s just that I’m me, and we’re Kentucky and we can come in and get that kid whenever we want.”
Even if this was to happen with us....you can bet he won't be talkin' that same ish to KO !

Reaction Score
Less

Not sure how it could make you like him more. But in the end, he isn't lying and it's not his fault. The kids aren't all that smart at times and the parents tend to be even more stupid when they see the lights. Same with the kids mentors who are sometimes their own prep coach who love to say "yeah Cal and I talked about so n'so..."

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Not sure how it could make you like him more. But in the end, he isn't lying and it's not his fault. The kids aren't all that smart at times and the parents tend to be even more stupid when they see the lights. Same with the kids mentors who are sometimes their own prep coach who love to say "yeah Cal and I talked about so n'so..."

Soley because it was at the expense of the whiny little Napoleon Cronin.

Reaction Score
Soley because it was at the expense of the whiny little Napoleon Cronin.
Yep, we see Cronin more often and he's an annoying little troll. We have Cal's number and it's way more fun to hate the guy by vilifying him with these kind of stories before smacking him up in the tourney

Reaction Score
Via Ayala's Instagram story, he and someone who appears to be Mr Diallo watched practice today.
How do you know that's diallo? Whoever it is in front of him has the same hair as Diallo.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
same sources as Broussard?

This always cracks me up:

Screen-Shot-2015-12-02-at-2.09.00-PM.png

Reaction Score
How do you know that's diallo? Whoever it is in front of him has the same hair as Diallo.
I put "appears" because I can't say for sure it's him. That said, I'd bet a million dollars it's him.

Reaction Score
Why wouldn't he just commit already

He basically has the 2 guard open for him on a team that could be top 5

UK, who knows, some guys stay and competing against players, he could be UConn's best player

I would too ;) anyone know Hami's snapchat?

Reaction Score
Why wouldn't he just commit already

He basically has the 2 guard open for him on a team that could be top 5

UK, who knows, some guys stay and competing against players, he could be UConn's best player
You don't know that he already hasn't.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

Actions...yeah. But the tone of the whole thing is gross.

Reaction Score
Diallo seems to spend an inordinate amount of time in Storrs for somebody who is committed to the program.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
can't wait to see the colossal shllt-storm this board has if he commits to another school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom