Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 39 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
From the article about Kentucky's first night and ESPN:

"Kentucky's pitch was just the NBA thing," said Hamidou Diallo, ranked 11th in the 2017 class by ESPN.com, during an interview with the Louisville Courier-Journal. "Duke's pitch was, if you come to Duke, you're going to be set for life. It's more than just basketball. [John Calipari's] pitch was he gets guys ready for the next level. Look at the numbers -- it shows. It's the best place for you if you want to make it to the NBA. Both pitches are appealing. It's just a hard decision. I've got a lot of schools recruiting me, a bunch of schools capable of taking me to the NBA."

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score

"Kentucky's pitch was just the NBA thing," said Hamidou Diallo, ranked 11th in the 2017 class by ESPN.com, during an interview with the Louisville Courier-Journal. "Duke's pitch was, if you come to Duke, you're going to be set for life. It's more than just basketball. [John Calipari's] pitch was he gets guys ready for the next level. Look at the numbers -- it shows. It's the best place for you if you want to make it to the NBA. Both pitches are appealing. It's just a hard decision. I've got a lot of schools recruiting me, a bunch of schools capable of taking me to the NBA."
Kentucky's pitch "Come here because we have an inflated number of first round NBA draft picks with all the one and dones we recruit. Although they would've gotten drafted in the first round no matter what school they attended." :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

This quote was from spring/early summer. ESPN pulling a Zags.

Reaction Score
Man, I was hoping no one would point that out. I was excited to see how many people would get irritated and worried again by something they were irritated and worried about 5 months ago.

Reaction Score
Man, I was hoping no one would point that out. I was excited to see how many people would get irritated and worried again by something they were irritated and worried about 5 months ago.

on purpose or does it come naturally?

Reaction Score
on purpose or does it come naturally?
Probably some of both, but if you're so dumb that you actually put stock in quotes high school players give then in my mind you get what you deserve.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Well it's been over 2 days since they have planted highly complimentary quotes and articles of Duke and UK so they will just start recycling them until the season starts.

Reaction Score

Dam! Wonder what was KO pitch. That we're a family here men's and woman's. Plus we can do the same thing Kentucky Duke and L'ville can do is win a NC . We can prepare and get you ready for the next level also but its all on how you perform. Besides that we are just as good while beating Duke and Kentucky in the NC.

Reaction Score
Dam! Wonder what was KO pitch. That we're a family here men's and woman's. Plus we can do the same thing Kentucky Duke and L'ville can do is win a NC . We can prepare and get you ready for the next level also but its all on how you perform. Besides that we are just as good while beating Duke and Kentucky in the NC.

Same as calhoun...family

Reaction Score

I posted this a few weeks ago.
Hamidou Diallo talks on latest with his recruitment | Kentucky, Duke, UConn and more involved

“UConn’s message to me has been that I will go in and be the man my first year there,” said Diallo. “I will get better through how they develop their players and they have Mamadou committed there, who is basically my brother.”

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Shai Alexander a 2017 shooting guard who recently decomitted from Florida.

Hmm.

Reaction Score
Twitter working all day for me in CT. Did read there was some hacking problem this morning. Figured it must have been fixed.

IMG_1304.jpg

Interesting Cal is starting to recruit a 2017 SG so late in the process.

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
Imagine if he comes here, becomes a great player and wins a championship. Does the squid attack Ollie like he did coach k? He was somewhat diplomatic about Kemba but didn't he effectively not pursue Kemba? If we actually beat him out for a great, championship-caliber, kid, will he lose his.....

He'll be on to his next 1 and done All American, so I don't think it would bother him for very long at all. I would enjoy the hell out of it though, especially remembering that story about how he shut down Cronin after putting in 1/30 of the effort and getting the recruit anyway.

Here’s the prologue in short: Parrish says there was a prominent coach within the last three years that had been recruiting a kid hard, attended over thirty of his games over two years, etc. Calipari came in after seeing the kid once the previous summer and watched him play one game. The recruit then committed to Kentucky. That’s not the craziest part. According to Parrish, the coach started spreading rumors about how Cal must have cheated to get the recruit, that he barely knew his name, etc. So, Cal confronted the coach in Vegas.

Parrish recounts the story, which he says he heard from five different sources:

“100% true, John confronts this guy in Vegas, because he heard the guy was yapping. He confronts him. Cal approaches the coach and says something like ‘Listen, I know what you’ve been saying’

‘No, I haven’t been saying–‘

‘I know you did, I know you said what you said. I’ve heard it from enough people, but I want you to understand one thing. Yes I am the type of guy who can come in at the last minute and take any player I want from you. You can spend your whole life recruiting a kid and at the end of the day, if I want him, I’ll get him. If we want him, we’ll get him. Don’t ever get that confused. Be appreciative every time I don’t come in and get your guy. Don’t accuse me of cheating when I do.

‘I didn’t say–‘

‘Yes you did say that. And it’s fine, but just understand, nothing stupid went on. It’s just that I’m me, and we’re Kentucky and we can come in and get that kid whenever we want.”

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Twitter working all day for me in CT. Did read there was some hacking problem this morning. Figured it must have been fixed.

IMG_1304.jpg

Interesting Cal is starting to recruit a 2017 SG so late in the process.

Damn, kid's arms look like pipe cleaners.

Reaction Score
He'll be on to his next 1 and done All American, so I don't think it would bother him for very long at all. I would enjoy the hell out of it though, especially remembering that story about how he shut down Cronin after putting in 1/30 of the effort and getting the recruit anyway.

Here’s the prologue in short: Parrish says there was a prominent coach within the last three years that had been recruiting a kid hard, attended over thirty of his games over two years, etc. Calipari came in after seeing the kid once the previous summer and watched him play one game. The recruit then committed to Kentucky. That’s not the craziest part. According to Parrish, the coach started spreading rumors about how Cal must have cheated to get the recruit, that he barely knew his name, etc. So, Cal confronted the coach in Vegas.

Parrish recounts the story, which he says he heard from five different sources:

“100% true, John confronts this guy in Vegas, because he heard the guy was yapping. He confronts him. Cal approaches the coach and says something like ‘Listen, I know what you’ve been saying’

‘No, I haven’t been saying–‘

‘I know you did, I know you said what you said. I’ve heard it from enough people, but I want you to understand one thing. Yes I am the type of guy who can come in at the last minute and take any player I want from you. You can spend your whole life recruiting a kid and at the end of the day, if I want him, I’ll get him. If we want him, we’ll get him. Don’t ever get that confused. Be appreciative every time I don’t come in and get your guy. Don’t accuse me of cheating when I do.

‘I didn’t say–‘

‘Yes you did say that. And it’s fine, but just understand, nothing stupid went on. It’s just that I’m me, and we’re Kentucky and we can come in and get that kid whenever we want.”

Heard this one before. Amazing story. I don't know if it makes me like Cal more or less.

Reaction Score
Lonnie Walker and zona is another one to keep an eye on, seems to have picked up steam after he cancelled a UK visit recently.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I'm hearing the media is really pushing this "Boeheim to the NBA" rumors and therefore recruits are hesitant to commit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom