Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 70 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bout to tune in myself

you can also see a lot of flaws from fultz in that game. but he was spectacular overall in the tourney, i love fultz as a pro. i also like hami as a pro prospect too. fultz couldn't deal with canadas athletic wings, hami could.

Reaction Score
you can also see a lot of flaws from fultz in that game. but he was spectacular overall in the tourney, i love fultz as a pro. i also like hami as a pro prospect too. fultz couldn't deal with canadas athletic wings, hami could.

Watched the first half. He's very quick on defense, maybe over aggressive. Did his best work on the offensive boards. He gets up so quick, like having an extra PF. Tap-ins. He threw up a couple airballs from midrange. Drove once to the basket through traffic and made a pro finish, smooth, quick, with his left hand. Teammates were not looking for him at all.

Reaction Score
Watched the first half. He's very quick on defense, maybe over aggressive. Did his best work on the offensive boards. He gets up so quick, like having an extra PF. Tap-ins. He threw up a couple airballs from midrange. Drove once to the basket through traffic and made a pro finish, smooth, quick, with his left hand. Teammates were not looking for him at all.

I know, right?

Reaction Score
IMG_4169.PNG

CV with the eyes emoji comment

Reaction Score

This just got real. Like real real . Things were moving fast already and now he moved up his official visit.

Seems like he wants to make a decision even more quickly so as to salvage any bit of surprise remaining in him committing to UConn (thats how I see it through my blue tinted glasses).

C

Chief00

I doubt that we have had anyone with the explosive jumping ability that Diallo has, so in that sense no comparison will be that good. Dyson is probably the best comparison based on his overall balance of skills, even though Hamidou's ceiling would seem a lot higher. Ray had UConn-great level athleticism, but he was not in Hami's league in terms of explosive rim attacking and effortless jumping and slamming with either hand. I imagine he has great speed and quickness for his size overall. Of course, I am only comparing the very best quality of Hamidou against one of many Ray Allen talents, not the least the epic ability to shoot the basketball. I really like the competitive spirit that he has...hoping that will help him to push himself to broaden his game.
Quite frankly, Diallo's jumping and running I compare more to Stanley - he has more length than Jerome.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I'm just impressed he even attempted this dunk:

If we end up getting Hami, our team is immediately more entertaining.

Lmao, I was thinking the same exact thing while watching the U18 replay. Quite the ambitious attacker, and it was only an inch or so from going in, kid is a freak.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
After watching the replay Diallo looks like a more aggressive Stanley Robinson in a long 2 guards body. I liked his ability to make plays without too many dribbles. He posted up, flashed middle, caught an alley oop behind the zone. Him and Jalen could be a really good combo if Diallo comes.

C

Chief00

After watching the replay Diallo looks like a more aggressive Stanley Robinson in a long 2 guards body. I liked his ability to make plays without too many dribbles. He posted up, flashed middle, caught an alley oop behind the zone. Him and Jalen could be a really good combo if Diallo comes.

Mostly agree - but with much better handle. Stanley did not break people down off the dribble from the top of the key. I do question his shooting - I am told he shoots pretty good in practice - needs to show it in games more consistently.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If Hami does come here for 2nd semester, does Purv then spend most/all of his time at the 3? And what kind of a difference might that make in Purv's game and our transition game?

Reaction Score
If Hami does come here for 2nd semester, does Purv then spend most/all of his time at the 3? And what kind of a difference might that make in Purv's game and our transition game?

i like it! last year, purv was always leaking out for fast break dunks b/c dham was grabbing the defensive board. this year, purv's defensive rebounding numbers are way up, but he hasn't gotten nearly as many fastbreak points.

i like the idea of rodney hauling down boards and passing off to hami for the slam in transition. just another thing that helps us become a more complete team.

Reaction Score
And our attendance gets a big boost.

I don't think the everyday fan cares too much about a new recruit....if HD comes AND they start winning....then attendance will jump some...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom