Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 72 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He looks like a more athletic Harden

Just watched. Wiggins is the guy that comes to mind. Wiggins has an additional two inches or so, better leaper and overall athlete, but their movements and body types are so similar. Both have the wiry, hyper-twitch thing going.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Okay...now we're talkin'. Need time to warm up and dry off a bit.

images
I was going to suggest you make a quick stop at a walk-in clinic for a hepatitis shot and then try going through the sewer system.

Reaction Score
Since there is no real news to report right now. I'm finding some US v Canada highlights...

Hami back to back hoops at this spot in 2nd quarter.

Pulls up from 10 feet here.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

The aforementioned monster dunk... attempt. But impressive.

Huge alley oop

Last edited:
Reaction Score

The aforementioned monster dunk... attempt. But impressive.

Huge alley oop

Those are all four of his baskets in the game. He finishes with this stat line:
14 Pts on 4/7 FG
6 of 10 at the line
6 Reb
1 Ast
1 TO (an offensive foul that was either a bad call, or a weird international rule difference)

He moves well on defense. Seems to have knack for getting to the line, something we could use badly. Doesn't have high usage, but gets his points anyway.

Reaction Score
He reminds me of Sprewell. A bit raw, unorthodox but the athelticism is off the charts. You just don't see too many guards who assault the rim like that. Westbrook and a young Spre are the guys who instantly pop in my head.

superjohn, Yesterday at 9:50 PM Report

I have seen Hami in person 5-6 times, but not yet this season. I very much agree that Sprewell is a perfect comp for Hami. Expect scoring and endless trips to the line attacking the rim, (but he's going to miss a lot from the line) The scoring comes from open court play, pull up 10 footers, scoring at the rim, and put backs, but, the percentage will not be higher than Hamilton last year. He finds a way to impose his will on the game for stretches with his leaping ability. He handles well enough to drive to the rim and run the open court, put don't expect anything better than Purvis with the ball under pressure in the back court. I think Vital will continue to be our second best ball handler under pressure. Absent foul trouble I don't think you would see any possessions without either Adams or Vital in the game. I would also expect to see him play the 3 position most often. A few pages ago the question was raised about his defense. I have seen him make numerous defensive plays but I never really focused on how he plays straight up man to man defense. My impression is that he is a terror in the passing lanes, but a quick guard can go right by him. In that case his leaping ability allows him close back and still make the play sometimes. I don't have a recollection of defending 3 point shooters. He should rebound like Hamilton and start the break like Hamilton.

Now if this is such a done deal as it appears, there is so much friendship with the players, so much perceived need, plenty of playing time available, and, such a great relationship with the coaches, somebody please tell me why he feels the need to allude to other visits, opportunities, etc at this late date rather than just commit?

Reaction Score
can't really tell who that dude grinning walking with him is, definitely not his HC @ PSA who rocks a baldy. thats definitely amore in awe in the foreground tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom