Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 68 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You could probably look at the recruiting rankings for the top 20 schools and go from there.
I'm sure if I looked at the top 20 recruiting rankings I would see a bunch of schools that a generally very good at college basketball. That's not evidence that the conferences those teams play in is a major factor in why the kids go there.

Reaction Score
I'm sure if I looked at the top 20 recruiting rankings I would see a bunch of schools that a generally very good at college basketball. That's not evidence that the conferences those teams play in is a major factor in why the kids go there.
What are you even trying to argue? Conference has no effect on why kid's choose schools? If so, that's an absurd argument.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
We'll disagree on this.

As for big men, his strong Christian faith isn't really going to help given the names of our big men recruits over the last few years.

Don't be surprised if that Christian faith doesn't bode well with a lot of the mothers and grandmas out there and could sway one or two but that doesn't mean its geared towards big men (even with what appears to be non Christian names)

Reaction Score
Somebody posted how Ollie being stuck in the AAC will weigh down his ability to compete with Cal for top 10 recruits, you responded to that poster saying something to the effect of Ollie has been here 5 years why hasn't our conference situation weighed down his recruiting yet. I then responded that it has already weighed down his recruiting. Subsequent posts you seem to allude to the AAC weighing down Ollie's recruiting from the heights it could be at. Your little lesson on context is nice, I wish you would apply it to yourself.

Aye yaye yaye. The poster wrote that we will have a drop from the current recruiting. That UConn standards will drop.

It is the exact opposite of what you wrote.

We have a standard right now that is similar to past standards.

The poster wrote that in the future, UConn will drop from this level of recruiting.

Why in heavens is it so hard for you to understand what he wrote?

Reaction Score
What are you even trying to argue? Conference has no effect on why kid's choose schools? If so, that's an absurd argument.
I'm arguing that conference has a very miminal impact on a recruit's decision compared to many, many other factors. If that's so absurd it should be very easy to find an abundance of evidence that conference is very important to recruits.

I get that you believe it, the guy who heard Jermaine Samuels say he was going to play in the ACC, mocked anyone who said he was going anywhere else, and then watched him choose Villanova.

Reaction Score
I'm arguing that conference has a very miminal impact on a recruit's decision compared to many, many other factors. If that's so absurd it should be very easy to find an abundance of evidence that conference is very important to recruits.

I get that you believe it, the guy who heard Jermaine Samuels say he was going to play in the ACC, mocked anyone who said he was going anywhere else, and then watched him choose Villanova.

The only fact is that different recruits choose different schools for different reasons. For some kids, conference affiliation may not matter one iota. But undoubtedly, the AAC makes recruiting on a whole more difficult for KO. Thankfully he is a such a good recruiter.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
What evidence do you have that kids even care about what conference they play in to any significant degree?
In the college basketball thread you were just going off about how not getting in the P5 is a sentence to irrelevance. Either you are a major flip flop or you just love to hit the "reply" button for the sake of disagreeing with everything.

Reaction Score
Aye yaye yaye. The poster wrote that we will have a drop from the current recruiting. That UConn standards will drop.

It is the exact opposite of what you wrote.

We have a standard right now that is similar to past standards.

The poster wrote that in the future, UConn will drop from this level of recruiting.

Why in heavens is it so hard for you to understand what he wrote?
The poster said nothing about Calhoun or the Big East, you did. He just said being in this conference is seriously going to weigh down Ollie's abilities to get top 10 recruits, which it will. I said it is already weighing down Ollie's recruiting from where it would/should be. You made it a statement about the history of UConn classes, Calhoun, the Big East. You followed it up with posts saying of course the conference is somewhat of a detriment and despite that Ollie is still doing really well with recruiting, that much we agree upon. What we don't seem to agree upon is I think Ollie would be an absolute monster recruiting if he was on equal conference ground with the other top coaches. This is just silly arguing for the sake of arguing at this point.

Reaction Score
In the college basketball thread you were just going off about how not getting in the P5 is a sentence to irrelevance. Either you are a major flip flop or you just love to hit the "reply" button for the sake of disagreeing with everything.
Of course it's a sentence to irrelevance, because when the split comes every team on the outside looking in is screwed due to the money disparity and the ability to compete for championships.

None of that stuff affects recruits today, they will be done with college 20-30 years before the split even happens.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My expectations are he commits and plays next Weds against Houston.

I think we are a top 10-15 team immediately

So much for the lost season

I'm just starting to wonder what will happen if he does commit here. Will this board break the internet? Like Y2k was supposed to?

Reaction Score

I'm sure your comments will be a real treat when your idiotic expectations are not met.

Reaction Score
Of course it's a sentence to irrelevance, because when the split comes every team on the outside looking in is screwed due to the money disparity and the ability to compete for championships.

None of that stuff effects recruits today, they will be done with college 20-30 years before the split even happens.
The mythical split date will be the only time conference affiliation ever matters to a recruit, bwahaha. Yup kids could care less about being on national TV every night playing Carolina, Duke, Michigan State, Indiana etc. when they can rarely be on national TV and have the opportunity to play Tulsa, Tulane, East Carolina etc. Good lord, just actually take the time and think about what you are saying. Are you under the impression there isn't some sort of money disparity right now? I'll let you in on a little secret, there is and it's huge.

Reaction Score

I think top 10-15 is a stretch out of the gate. I expect it to take a few weeks before he completely gels. Its tough to introduce a new player mid-season, especially when he projects to be somewhat ball dominant. That said, a positive take! Well done.

Reaction Score
I think top 10-15 is a stretch out of the gate. I expect it to take a few weeks before he completely gels. Its tough to introduce a new player mid-season, especially when he projects to be somewhat ball dominant. That said, a positive take! Well done.

As good as Hami would make us, another important development that I'm looking forward to is Facey. If Facey continues this trend and establishes himself as a big-time PF, AND we get Hamidou, then top 10-15 becomes realistic.

Reaction Score
As good as Hami would make us, another important development that I'm looking forward to is Facey. If Facey continues this trend and establishes himself as a big-time PF, AND we get Hamidou, then top 10-15 becomes realistic.
You mean top 10-15 this year?

Reaction Score
The mythical split date will be the only time conference affiliation ever matters to a recruit, bwahaha. Yup kids could care less about being on national TV every night playing Carolina, Duke, Michigan State, Indiana etc. when they can rarely be on national TV and have the opportunity to play Tulsa, Tulane, East Carolina etc. Good lord, just actually take the time and think about what you are saying. Are you under the impression there isn't some sort of money disparity right now? I'll let you in on a little secret, there is and it's huge.
Oh I've thought about it a lot, because it always makes me laugh when people bring up the topic of our conference really holding us back in recruiting.

What you are doing is thinking about how much you, as a fan, hate watching us play our conference schedule, and how much you, as a fan, would like playing a much better conference schedule.

You then decide that high level high school basketball players have the same mentality, despite there not being much evidence at all to support it.

So again, I'm happy to believe recruits really, really care about conference, I would just need to see some actual consistent evidence of it.

Not sure why you're even bringing up TV, exposure is obviously important, much more important than conference. Good thing we're on national TV all the time.

And thanks for letting me know about the money, I'm sure a lot of recruits pick a school based upon the value of it's TV contract.

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
What past Husky could best be said is from the Diallo mold?

Reaction Score
Oh I've thought about it a lot, because it always makes me laugh when people bring up the topic of our conference really holding us back in recruiting.

What you are doing is thinking about how much you, as a fan, hate watching us play our conference schedule, and how much you, as a fan, would like playing a much better conference schedule.

You then decide that high level high school basketball players have the same mentality, despite there not being much evidence at all to support it.

So again, I'm happy to believe recruits really, really care about conference, I would just need to see some actual consistent evidence of it.

Not sure why you're even bringing up TV, exposure is obviously important, much more important than conference. Good thing we're on national TV all the time.

And thanks for letting me know about the money, I'm sure a lot of recruits pick a school based upon the value of it's TV contract.
You're lost on this, it's better if we get the thread back on track to Hamidou.

Reaction Score
What past Husky could best be said is from the Diallo mold?
Rudy Gay . As far pure obvious to the eyes NBA physical tools and athleticism. Diallo is a much much more fierce competitor though. He will impact the game on defense and transition for us if he does get here.

Also displays some underrated passing skills, would just be a fanatastic edition this year so ko doesn't need to rely on Rodney n vital as much.

Reaction Score
You're lost on this, it's better if we get the thread back on track to Hamidou.
Yeah it would definitely be better for you since you're making an argument for which you can provide no actual evidence.

Seriously though, remember the days when anyone who thought Jermaine Samuels was going to an non ACC school was also lost? Good times.

Reaction Score
Rudy Gay . As far pure obvious to the eyes NBA physical tools and athleticism. Diallo is a much much more fierce competitor though. He will impact the game on defense and transition for us if he does get here.

Also displays some underrated passing skills, would just be a fanatastic edition this year so ko doesn't need to rely on Rodney n vital as much.

I have never seen Hami play besides his highlights. Is there a player you think he resembles in style? His critiques are reminding me a little bit of a bigger Eric Bledsoe.

Reaction Score
Yeah it would definitely be better for you since you're making an argument for which you can provide no actual evidence.

Seriously though, remember the days when anyone who thought Jermaine Samuels was going to an non ACC school was also lost? Good times.
First time I'm ever noticing your posts on this board, kind of sorry I did. Bad times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom