Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 69 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The poster said nothing about Calhoun or the Big East, you did. He just said being in this conference is seriously going to weigh down Ollie's abilities to get top 10 recruits, which it will. I said it is already weighing down Ollie's recruiting from where it would/should be. You made it a statement about the history of UConn classes, Calhoun, the Big East. You followed it up with posts saying of course the conference is somewhat of a detriment and despite that Ollie is still doing really well with recruiting, that much we agree upon. What we don't seem to agree upon is I think Ollie would be an absolute monster recruiting if he was on equal conference ground with the other top coaches. This is just silly arguing for the sake of arguing at this point.

You will argue forever.

He said in the future the recruiting will go down.

I followed his post up by saying, "Why hasn't it gone down in these 5 years?"

This is simple--but you want to argue it endlessly.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Rudy Gay . As far pure obvious to the eyes NBA physical tools and athleticism. Diallo is a much much more fierce competitor though. He will impact the game on defense and transition for us if he does get here.

Also displays some underrated passing skills, would just be a fanatastic edition this year so ko doesn't need to rely on Rodney n vital as much.
Rudy Gay was 6' 8" and Hamidou is 6' 4". I've seen him play in person twice and I'd say he reminds me of a hybrid of RIP and DHAM but much more aggressive to the rim. At this point, he doesn't have RIP's 3 point ability or deadly mid-range game but he's better than DHam and from what I've seen of our team this season, he's the missing piece. We need him more this season than next.

Reaction Score
You mean top 10-15 this year?

I was using the number "10-15" based on JSM's post, where he wasn't talking about actual rankings (because this would reflect retroactively our terrible start to the season), but rather the eye-test of how good we would be AFTER the addition.

Reaction Score
I have never seen Hami play besides his highlights. Is there a player you think he resembles in style? His critiques are reminding me a little bit of a bigger Eric Bledsoe.
Just watch the USA Canada u18 game on YouTube , literally the best comp he's faced in his life. Very insightful stuff from his minutes.

He kind of reminds me of ok state tony Allen with better tools , little mkg esque but better offensive talent than both.

@UCweCONN we'lll I just disagree, his best trait is athleticism can't say the same about dham or rip. He also has a 6'11 wingspan. The only thing close in uconn past IMO is Rudy.

Reaction Score
You will argue forever.

He said in the future the recruiting will go down.

I followed his post up by saying, "Why hasn't it gone down in these 5 years?"

This is simple--but you want to argue it endlessly.
I gave a rundown of everything that was said. Then said it was arguing for the sake of arguing and was stupid. I'm done, hope you are too.

Reaction Score
What past Husky could best be said is from the Diallo mold?
dyson. not really sure where they rudy comparison comes from other than freak athlete, and the rip and dham comparisons are jsut weird. rip was a shooter, and made a living moving off the ball, while diallo by all accounts is almost exclusively successful in transition or driving to the basket. diallo is also supposed to be a pretty solid defender...dham was not. Dham was a well rounded player who was good at everything, but not really great at anything. Diallo is a great attacker, poor shooter

Reaction Score
Diallos physical tools are jaw dropping that's why I comped him to Rudy. He has big hands insane length and crazy lower body strength. It's not an apt comparison but neither is dyson who was much smaller. There are no comps in uconn past we can just settle on that.

Reaction Score
How is his touch around the rim, basketball IQ, footwork? Just wondering about his basketball instincts in comparison to how freakishly athletic he is.

Reaction Score
Back to Diallo for a post, what a perfect time for K to call HD and say "get down here after UConn - if you come here I will suspend this little pu**y Grayson for the year, the spot is yours!"

Reaction Score
How is his touch around the rim, basketball IQ, footwork? Just wondering about his basketball instincts in comparison to how freakishly athletic he is.
His footwork is exceptional defensively and in transition but he isn't some volume scorer . We can't look for his addition to boost our scoring or offense , he really just juices the defense which is fine.

Reaction Score
Just watch the USA Canada u18 game on YouTube , literally the best comp he's faced in his life. Very insightful stuff from his minutes.

He kind of reminds me of ok state tony Allen with better tools , little mkg esque but better offensive talent than both.

@UCweCONN we'lll I just disagree, his best trait is athleticism can't say the same about dham or rip. He also has a 6'11 wingspan. The only thing close in uconn past IMO is Rudy.
He reminds me of Sprewell. A bit raw, unorthodox but the athelticism is off the charts. You just don't see too many guards who assault the rim like that. Westbrook and a young Spre are the guys who instantly pop in my head.

Reaction Score
Oz said it's down to us, UK and Zona. Also said that it's not a guarantee he goes to the NBA after the one semester. Once I heard about him taking other visits I was bit uneasy again on this. And to be honest, Zona scares me the most. Depleted, but extremely talented roster that is still winning games. He can go there and get just as much burn as he would here but be on a top 25 team. Hope I'm wrong, trust me.

Reaction Score
@superjohn spree is the one we settled on in the summer I think. That's a very very solid comp slipped my mind. Just relentless rim rocker who competes like a madman on defense

Reaction Score
Oz said it's down to us, UK and Zona. Also said that it's not a guarantee he goes to the NBA after the one semester. Once I heard about him taking other visits I was bit uneasy again on this. And to be honest, Zona scares me the most. Depleted, but extremely talented roster that is still winning games. He can go there and get just as much burn as he would here but be on a top 25 team. Hope I'm wrong, trust me.

I will say it again, if he gets outta here we're in trouble. Nothing I know just a hunch.

Reaction Score
Oz is always the guy to look to on this stuff but I really wouldn't be too worried. Things look good.

Reaction Score
Oz is always the guy to look to on this stuff but I really wouldn't be too worried. Things look good.

sj, look good in a he will make his mind up tomorrow or look good in a even if he visits elsewhere we're ok?

Reaction Score
sj, look good in a he will make his mind up tomorrow or look good in a even if he visits elsewhere we're ok?
That I dont know but I've always heard he ends up here. I'll just say I think there is a better chance he plays here for a season and a semester than he plays any time at another college.

Reaction Score

is it just me, or is it hard to imagine a kid dropping everything on a last-minute decision to move completely across the country?

uk makes sense because it's uk, uconn makes sense because we need him and he's practically part of the family already. i don't know a ton about 'zona basketball, but it seems like a commit there would come outta left field entirely.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
dyson. not really sure where they rudy comparison comes from other than freak athlete, and the rip and dham comparisons are jsut weird. rip was a shooter, and made a living moving off the ball, while diallo by all accounts is almost exclusively successful in transition or driving to the basket. diallo is also supposed to be a pretty solid defender...dham was not. Dham was a well rounded player who was good at everything, but not really great at anything. Diallo is a great attacker, poor shooter

I doubt that we have had anyone with the explosive jumping ability that Diallo has, so in that sense no comparison will be that good. Dyson is probably the best comparison based on his overall balance of skills, even though Hamidou's ceiling would seem a lot higher. Ray had UConn-great level athleticism, but he was not in Hami's league in terms of explosive rim attacking and effortless jumping and slamming with either hand. I imagine he has great speed and quickness for his size overall. Of course, I am only comparing the very best quality of Hamidou against one of many Ray Allen talents, not the least the epic ability to shoot the basketball. I really like the competitive spirit that he has...hoping that will help him to push himself to broaden his game.

Reaction Score
The idea of Hami enrolling mid-season anywhere else seems preposterous. He has never been to UK, I don't think he has been to UA (he did see ASU this summer, don't think he went to Tuscon). Monk and Briscoe at UK. Simmons and Atkins at UA. Maybe if he waited til next year...The kid probably just wants to have a semblance or surprise if his people are putting out word that its down to these 3.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score

You have a link to that game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds