Hailey Van Lith in the Portal | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Hailey Van Lith in the Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think people are getting a little paranoid about NIL and super teams and the rest of it. Yes there is some money now available to stellar athletes but a player like Van Lith is already drinking from that well, as would be Betts wherever she goes to school if she also produces on the court which I am pretty sure she will. And that is the bottom line.

There are a bunch of young women who are arriving at college with their own brand already, and the college they go to isn't all that important. And for some, what they do on court may not be either.

Reaction Score
Didn’t know that Hailey Van Lith has a NIL “relationship” with Addidas. It would make financial sense for her to go to an Addidas school. If it makes dollars, it makes sense. That dynamic limits her choices. Would it not be a little awkward to rock Nikes during games if you have a NIL deal with Addidas?
Azzi has a relationship with Curry and his brand. She even wears his brand and promotes his shoes. Since Curry isn’t associated with Nike, anything can happen.

Reaction Score
I think people are getting a little paranoid about NIL and super teams and the rest of it. Yes there is some money now available to stellar athletes but a player like Van Lith is already drinking from that well, as would be Betts wherever she goes to school if she also produces on the court which I am pretty sure she will. And that is the bottom line.

There are a bunch of young women who are arriving at college with their own brand already, and the college they go to isn't all that important. And for some, what they do on court may not be either.
Not sure that the school isn’t all that important. NIL varies greatly and some schools provide for greater amplification of a players brand. There is just so much at play these days that it is nearly impossible to decipher what drives the decision making of any individual. Even public statements are sometimes smokescreens of true decision drivers.

Reaction Score
Van Lith is a businesswoman. She earns her degree, fulfills her obligation to Louisville and Jeff Walz while becoming immediately eligible as a grad transfer at the height of the popularity of WBB. I think there's a lot of controversy about schools not letting teams play (i.e Dre Edwards) but Van Lith read the NCAA rules and has put herself in a great position.

LSU, Stanford, Oregon, UCLA and Duke all look like great destinations. She will be the #1 transfer in that portal until she decides.

Reaction Score
I would love to see Hailey Van Lith on the UConn roster. It’s insurance on a guard spot. Hailey Van Lith and Nika can provide the pressure in the full court press. It doesn’t seem like Morgan ever stopped following her on instagram. So, the interest must have been deep.
We don’t know if Caroline will ever stop having the head issues. While KK and Ashlynn will have a year to learn from the best, and will hardly be relied upon.
Basically, I’m just hoping it’s not ND or LSU.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Van Lith is a businesswoman. She earns her degree, fulfills her obligation to Louisville and Jeff Walz while becoming immediately eligible as a grad transfer at the height of the popularity of WBB. I think there's a lot of controversy about schools not letting teams play (i.e Dre Edwards) but Van Lith read the NCAA rules and has put herself in a great position.

LSU, Stanford, Oregon, UCLA and Duke all look like great destinations. She will be the #1 transfer in that portal until she decides.
Whether that's Hailey Van Lith and/or Hailey Van Lith's advisors/family on the first paragraph, I get it.

As per where, a few comments:
  • UCLA has Charisma Osborne coming back to (re)join Kiki Rice. Gina Conti was a pass-first companion to them. Hailey Van Lith? Hmm, not so sure.
  • Stanford. Has the Farm ever had a grad school transfer? Any transfer?
  • Did someone post that Hailey Van Lith had an adidas contract? If so, will that go down in Nikeland (Oregon)?
  • Duke. Interesting...Hailey Van Lith for Day-Wilson? Credit where credit is due: she does hustle on the D side.
  • LSU. Still...this is the thought. Some think she's a perfect replacement for the fiery Morris. Heck, she's baby Kim! :cool:;)

Outside thought: Go home to Washington and do a Kelsey Plum.

Reaction Score
I would love to see Hailey Van Lith on the UConn roster. It’s insurance on a guard spot. Hailey Van Lith and Nika can provide the pressure in the full court press. It doesn’t seem like Morgan ever stopped following her on instagram. So, the interest must have been deep.
We don’t know if Caroline will ever stop having the head issues. While KK and Ashlynn will have a year to learn from the best, and will hardly be relied upon.
Basically, I’m just hoping it’s not ND or LSU.
UConn maybe the only team in America that doesn't need Hailey Van Lith...........:)

Reaction Score
Not always. Fran Belibi just graduated from Stanford. She did not declare for the WNBA draft. Instead, she enrolled at Harvard Medical School...
That's the best story I've heard in a while. Great for Fran Belibi. I hope she makes a difference in the world.

That is a better story than the 36 young women that will be drafted by the WNBA on Monday. 8-10 of those ladies will be waived by the end of training camp. Another 4-5 will play a handful of games this summer before being released. Ms. Belibi is on a much better life path.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
If someone lost a recruit over 25k, then they weren't really trying. lol That's not a lot of money in this landscape. Most players are not swimming in NIL money.
I think the 25k is just the money for collective team members. The players themselves have their own separate deals. I am pretty sure that's how South Carolina does theirs. They also have an inhouse group that manages them.... South Carolina establishes in-house NIL firm

South Carolina is becoming the first major college athletic department to partner with a sports marketing agency to establish an in-house name, image and likeness firm, where Gamecocks athletes will have free access to deal facilitation, content generation and branding services.

The school has hired Everett Sports Management (ESM) to launch Park Ave, an exclusive initiative that will provide NIL services for Gamecocks athletes. South Carolina's board of trustees on Tuesday afternoon approved the two-year, $2.2 million contract.

Reaction Score
That's the best story I've heard in a while. Great for Fran Belibi. I hope she makes a difference in the world.

That is a better story than the 36 young women that will be drafted by the WNBA on Monday. 8-10 of those ladies will be waived by the end of training camp. Another 4-5 will play a handful of games this summer before being released. Ms. Belibi is on a much better life path.
I mean a player like Boston may end up as an Olympic Gold Medalist eventually, but i hear you. Good for Belibi.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Stanford. Has the Farm ever had a grad school transfer? Any transfer?
Many years ago Brooke Smith excelled for them after 1 year at Duke. More recently they got a grad transfer guard from Northwestern. Name is escaping me. Hamilton maybe? Didn't play a lot.

Reaction Score
Not always. Fran Belibi just graduated from Stanford. She did not declare for the WNBA draft. Instead, she enrolled at Harvard Medical School...

This is the coolest thing ever! Fran just casually gets a degree from Stanford while on the basketball team, THEN goes to medical school at Harvard. What? Seriously. How is she that gifted? It honestly makes me laugh that that's her life.

Reaction Score
The transfer portal has become a.....

Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN
Never liked it, still don’t! All of this was so predictable. However, as bovwa10 said, it’s difficult to put the genie back in the bottle. (Paraphrased)

Reaction Score
Morgan Valley follows Hailey Van Lith on Instagram. Does anyone know if that's a new follow?

Reaction Score
This is the coolest thing ever! Fran just casually gets a degree from Stanford while on the basketball team, THEN goes to medical school at Harvard. What? Seriously. How is she that gifted? It honestly makes me laugh that that's her life.
What's to laugh about?? Sounds like it could be the best of two different worlds...
I trust that it will work for her. There are many avenues out of the Med World
matrix = many include athletics. It would be interesting to do a WHERE ARE
THEY NOW story on many of these talented Female athletes. Didn't you
enjoy the NCAA advertisement with Jerry Rice? " most don't go on to
become professional athletes ". Then there is the ALAN PAGE story:
from VIKING (the NFL ) to SUPREME COURT JUDGESHIP (Minnesota, I believe).

Reaction Score
Washington is an Adidas school now, she's from that state, and Tina Langley is starting to get some momentum.
It seems to me there are two likely reasons to leave a coach she has professed great affection for; academics or championship aspirations. Washington is far from a championship contender. I don’t really know about their academic quality but if she goes to the west coast, as some are speculating, I would guess Stanford or UCLA. LSU, Indiana, for championship reasons I guess or perhaps South Carolina? Dawn could use an 15-20 point scorer with attitude. How about Texas? She seems to be a pretty level headed person, though admittedly quite fiery on the court, and would probably get on well with Vic.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Didn’t know that Hailey Van Lith has a NIL “relationship” with Addidas. It would make financial sense for her to go to an Addidas school. If it makes dollars, it makes sense. That dynamic limits her choices. Would it not be a little awkward to rock Nikes during games if you have a NIL deal with Addidas?
I believe Flaujae Johnson has a NIL deal with Puma; but, she wears Nike shoes and apparel when representing LSU in games.

Reaction Score
It seems to me there are two likely reasons to leave a coach she has professed great affection for; academics or championship aspirations. Washington is far from a championship contender. I don’t really know about their academic quality but if she goes to the west coast, as some are speculating, I would guess Stanford or UCLA. LSU, Indiana, for championship reasons I guess or perhaps South Carolina? Dawn could use an 15-20 point scorer with attitude. How about Texas? She seems to be a pretty level headed person, though admittedly quite fiery on the court, and would probably get on well with Vic.
Actually, in today’s game, I guess I’d better add $ to that list.

Reaction Score

Very impressive. Other people talk about going to Uconn since they were younger. Fran said she wanted to be a doctor since she was 5, no doubt influenced by her parents' career. Good for her.

Reaction Score
I believe Flaujae Johnson has a NIL deal with Puma; but, she wears Nike shoes and apparel when representing LSU in games.
Yeah I'm not sure why Hailey Van Lith having a deal with Adidas means she is constricting to Adidas only schools. If she landed there and it met all her other criteria but I think that's the last thing on her mind. She's a competitor.

The location, program, graduate degrees, coach, team, conference are probably what is top of mind for her.

Reaction Score
And NIL is supposed to be separate from the school since players can't use school material in their marketing unless the school consents.

Reaction Score

Kiki Rice is the starting PG at UCLA. Maybe SoCal, but probably not UCLA for Hailey Van Lith. I still think it’s IU or LSU, probably IU.

Reaction Score
Nope, Rueck runs a very restrictive offensive system that I don’t see Hailey Van Lith wanting to play in. I could see Oregon but not Oregon State. My bet is that she goes to LSU
I agree it is pretty much know nationally at this point that Rueck runs half court offensive sets like you mentioned. Hailey Van Lith likely knows that and would not be happy there. I also see LSU as a high probability.

Reaction Score
Given that Hailey Van Lith has completed an undergraduate degree, I won’t be surprised if she pursues a graduate business degree in a school that has strong academics and a great basketball program. I can think of a few schools that fit the bill. She is a fighter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom