GT: What is going on with Bryson DeChambeau. | The Boneyard

GT: What is going on with Bryson DeChambeau.

Reaction Score
He is completely jacked up and banging the golf ball 340 in the air. Then the ball rolls. It's pretty insane.

He has always been different. His clubs are all the same length. No other player plays with clubs like this. I don't know if anyone ever has.

He may or may not be re-inventing golf. He won today in Detroit. Anyone else watching this?

Reaction Score
He is completely jacked up and banging the golf ball 340 in the air. Then the ball rolls. It's pretty insane.

He has always been different. His clubs are all the same length. No other player plays with clubs like this. I don't know if anyone ever has.

He may or may not be re-inventing golf. He won today in Detroit. Anyone else watching this?
He’s been fun to watch. Not sure what the longevity is going to be with that kind of torque on the body but he’s going to win a bunch in the short term at least.

Reaction Score
I look at Bryson DeChambeau and his new, freakishly outsized upper body -- and his improbable new driving length -- and the images of Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa and Barry Bonds come flooding back to mind. I just watched eight hours of weekend golf, and I kept hearing about the negative criticism the guy is drawing, although I never hear what is being criticized or why. The word "steroids" is never mentioned. No one ever asks, "Is he on steroids?" And no one ever confirms that he isn't -- that he has tested clean -- not Bryson, not any of the golf commentators, not any PGA official. Bryson was just interviewed after winning the Rocket tournament. He admitted to hearing the criticism, but he just cited all the hard work he's put in. He never once uttered the simple words, "Hey, I've been tested for steroids. I'm clean."

Reaction Score
I look at Bryson DeChambeau and his new, freakishly outsized upper body -- and his improbable new driving length -- and the images of Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa and Barry Bonds come flooding back to mind. I just watched eight hours of weekend golf, and I kept hearing about the negative criticism the guy is drawing, although I never hear what is being criticized or why. The word "steroids" is never mentioned. No one ever asks, "Is he on steroids?" And no one ever confirms that he isn't -- that he has tested clean -- not Bryson, not any of the golf commentators, not any PGA official. Bryson was just interviewed after winning the Rocket tournament. He admitted to hearing the criticism, but he just cited all the hard work he's put in. He never once uttered the simple words, "Hey, I've been tested for steroids. I'm clean."
In all fairness, no one has really tried to do this before, whereas plenty of guys tried to get jacked in baseball. He’s got a big frame and getting that large isn’t unfathomable to me with however many months of nothing to do but work out and drink protein shakes. Whether he can keep this up now that he’s traveling and playing every week is to be determined.

Reaction Score
In all fairness, no one has really tried to do this before, whereas plenty of guys tried to get jacked in baseball. He’s got a big frame and getting that large isn’t unfathomable to me with however many months of nothing to do but work out and drink protein shakes. Whether he can keep this up now that he’s traveling and playing every week is to be determined.

Tiger?

Reaction Score
This guy is claiming to have gained 45 lbs. in 8-9 months and none of the bodyweight is fat by just eating everything in sight and working out all the time. Lol.

Reaction Score
This guy is claiming to have gained 45 lbs. in 8-9 months and none of the bodyweight is fat by just eating everything in sight and working out all the time. Lol.
Has he claimed it was pure muscle? I haven’t seen that and the pictures certainly don’t suggest that’s true.

Reaction Score
Has he claimed it was pure muscle? I haven’t seen that and the pictures certainly don’t suggest that’s true.
There’s no way it’s pure muscle. Just look at him and you can see that. But he’s tacked on a lot of mass for sure. Prob for the best that he’s a little heavier to help his joints.

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20200705-201920_Chrome.jpg

Reaction Score
He should have a talk with Tiger about the torque on the back. The body is not meant to do what he is doing with it.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure that article is just talking about his quarantine weight gain, which is way less than 45 pounds. Probably still not entirely true but probably closer than 45 pounds of pure muscle.
So he's gained 20 lbs. of pure muscle in 3 months on top of the 25 lbs. he gained in the 5 months before that?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I watch golf religiously...and bet it...and play DK.

Bryson is currently unstoppable - on a mission it seems. He is flying it further than other players whole drives. Read that again. If he stays healthy, all these guys are toast - Rory, Rahm, Brooks, Xander, Finau, DJ. Only the casuals will notice I didn't say Tiger.

And I have the Kraken at 25-1 to win the Masters. I also have Webb at 66-1, which is egregious.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
They listed his daily diet the other day. There's like 5-6 protein shakes in there and he works out like a champ.

Reaction Score
So he's gained 20 lbs. of pure muscle in 3 months on top of the 25 lbs. he gained in the 5 months before that?
Calm down. I just said I still think it’s probably not truly 20 pounds of pure muscle in 3 months, though I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that he’s close to that. I’m just saying he’s not claiming it’s 45 pounds of pure muscle in the past 8-9 months and from pictures, that’s also pretty obvious.

Reaction Score
Calm down. I just said I still think it’s probably not truly 20 pounds of pure muscle in 3 months, though I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that he’s close to that. I’m just saying he’s not claiming it’s 45 pounds of pure muscle in the past 8-9 months and from pictures, that’s also pretty obvious.
I'm totally calm. He's claiming he's gained 20 lbs. of pure muscle in the last 3 months by eating everything and working out. He's full of it.

Nothing about this guy passes the smell test and this won't end well.

Reaction Score
This shot is from this weekend. Just looking at him. He seems to have a much larger stomach. This doesn't look like "all muscle" to me.

Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 10.05.12 PM.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom