GT: What is going on with Bryson DeChambeau. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

GT: What is going on with Bryson DeChambeau.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
What kind grip us he using, I know pro's that kill the ball and use a baseball grip which they claim helps them create more clubhead speed with no hook or slice.
He loves the over-sized grips.

Reaction Score
I look at Bryson DeChambeau and his new, freakishly outsized upper body -- and his improbable new driving length -- and the images of Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa and Barry Bonds come flooding back to mind. I just watched eight hours of weekend golf, and I kept hearing about the negative criticism the guy is drawing, although I never hear what is being criticized or why. The word "steroids" is never mentioned. No one ever asks, "Is he on steroids?" And no one ever confirms that he isn't -- that he has tested clean -- not Bryson, not any of the golf commentators, not any PGA official. Bryson was just interviewed after winning the Rocket tournament. He admitted to hearing the criticism, but he just cited all the hard work he's put in. He never once uttered the simple words, "Hey, I've been tested for steroids. I'm clean."
He’s not doing steroids. He’s explained exactly what he’s doing. The kid is very analytical.

Reaction Score
PGA tests. And did you see his diet/workout regiment?
He’s not doing steroids. He’s explained exactly what he’s doing. The kid is very analytical.
When he is on TV, check out his gut. He's ain't Canseco.
Testing is easy to pass, I'm guessing even easier now with the virus and layoff. He definitely cycled some stuff in his time off, could still be on stuff. You don't just gain all that strength naturally that fast and all of a sudden start crushing everyone and hitting the ball further than anyone ever has, that's not how things work. It always amazes me how gullible people are. I remember people arguing with me that Lance is clean, people bought that Bonds, Sosa, and McGwire were clean.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Testing is easy to pass, I'm guessing even easier now with the virus and layoff. He definitely cycled some stuff in his time off, could still be on stuff. You don't just gain all that strength naturally that fast and all of a sudden start crushing everyone and hitting the ball further than anyone ever has, that's not how things work. It always amazes me how gullible people are. I remember people arguing with me that Lance is clean, people bought that Bonds, Sosa, and McGwire were clean.
I tend to agree. If he added 20lbs, that's one
thing but 40-50lbs is hard to do without some help. And yeah, drug tests seem fairly easy to get around with the right cocktail and timing. A-Rod got caught because he forgot to take a lozenge one night and then took it when he wasn't supposed to and failed the next test (per Netflix documentary). But he was getting away with it for years. When someone "all of a sudden" is doing freakish things, I get a little skeptical. I don't follow golf religiously but this seems to be similar to Brady Anderson hitting 50 hrs one year when he averaged around 20/yr for his career.

Reaction Score
this seems to be similar to Brady Anderson hitting 50 hrs one year when he averaged around 20/yr for his career.

I dont agree really that he has to be on PEDs. First of all Bryson is trying to crush the ball when he drives it. A lot of guys on tour can hit this far if they really wanted to unload on it. The hard part is getting it in the fairway after you unload on it. Watch his drive and how hard he is trying to hit - there is nothing smooth about it. By comparison watch Cameron Champ (Champ is second in driver distance) and look how effortlessly Champ hits the ball basically the same exact distance.

He is no Brady Anderson. Brady Anderson went from being a scrub for nine seasons to hitting 50 hrs back to being a scrub. Bryson has been a tremendous golfer from day 1 and winning for a few years now. Yeah, while he is hitting the ball further now, this isnt even his best year (2018 was). A lot of guys can hit the ball reallllly far if they have the guts to do so.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
If you know anything about Bryson you would know he's the mad scientist. He's been crushing protein shakes and working out all break. Probably hitting hundreds of balls a day.

He's smashing the ball, but there's guys who are also close to him - and they surely aren't as dedicated. Cameron Champ is only averaging 2 fewer yards per drive, and he's rather thin. There's 5 guys averaging within 10 yards of Bryson and they surely aren't putting in that work. Bryson doesn't even have the 1st or 2nd single longest drive this year on tour - those belong to JT and Lanto Griffin. What's he's doing doesn't really surprise me at all.

If you watch more golf than me I'd be absolutely shocked. He's not doing this "all of a sudden." And if you want to make a bet that Bryson fails a drug test this season, I'll take your action for $100-$200. You called me gullible...put your money where your mouth is and I'll pay you for it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If you know anything about Bryson you would know he's the mad scientist. He's been crushing protein shakes and working out all break. Probably hitting hundreds of balls a day.

He's smashing the ball, but there's guys who are also close to him - and they surely aren't as dedicated. Cameron Champ is only averaging 2 fewer yards per drive, and he's rather thin. There's 5 guys averaging within 10 yards of Bryson and they surely aren't putting in that work. Bryson doesn't even have the 1st or 2nd single longest drive this year on tour - those belong to JT and Lanto Griffin. What's he's doing doesn't really surprise me at all.

If you watch more golf than me I'd be absolutely shocked. He's not doing this "all of a sudden." And if you want to make a bet that Bryson fails a drug test this season, I'll take your action for $100-$200. You called me gullible...put your money where your mouth is and I'll pay you for it.
Exactly, the mad scientist. Drinking 7 protein shakes per day is worthless. Any athlete or actor who bulks up like crazy in a relatively short amount of time says the same exact thing...they crush chicken & broccoli, steak, and protein drinks all day. I'm telling you it's all bull****. When things don't make sense it's because they aren't real. The mad scientist is using science. I don't even like golf but I no how this stuff works.

I already told you it's incredibly easy to pass drug tests. You're showing just how gullible you are. Have you noticed it's really rare when pro athletes fail drug tests? It doesn't happen often and PED's are huge in sports. Even in a sport like golf he ain't the only one taking them, he's just better at it. Lance was the same.

Reaction Score
Just watched him card a 10 at Memorial.
In all fairness, regardless if he plays well or does that, he’s the most interesting part of watching PGA golf right now. Pulling the Tin Cup was something else.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I have to admit, while I enjoy his game and his story, he does whine a lot.

Reaction Score
I seriously doubt BD is on the PED train. He has learned how maximize his swing, he basically swings all out with ideal launch conditions and swing path. He swings a 5.5° head on an ideal upward, in to out path and keeps his spin numbers in the correct window. His ball speeds are 195ish which is nowhere near long drivers. Tony Finau would be longer if he wanted to, you'd be surprised how far these pga guys would hit it if they wanted to. The remarkable thing about Bryson is he swings hard and hit over 60% of fairways.

Reaction Score
He’s pure entertainment. I thought he would punch or eat the rules official telling him his ball was OB.

Spieth is also must see TV but in a completely different way

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
He’s pure entertainment. I thought he would punch or eat the rules official telling him his ball was OB.

Spieth is also must see TV but in a completely different way
...punch or eat...hilarious

He snap called BS too. Immediately requested a second ruling. Lol.

Reaction Score
So all you have do is force feed yourself bacon, eggs and protein shakes all day? Sounds pretty awful actually and not particularly credible that everyone else isn't doing the same and suddenly outdriving the field. But maybe he found something that works perfect for him and everyone else and their trainers are just behind the curve. Skeptical.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Not sure how living to 130 years old is something he plans to do while also eating whatever he wants. But hey, his PR team is killing it right now. Turning him into the talk of the sport and that guy people are either going to love or hate every time he opens his mouth.

Reaction Score
Not sure how living to 130 years old is something he plans to do while also eating whatever he wants. But hey, his PR team is killing it right now. Turning him into the talk of the sport and that guy people are either going to love or hate every time he opens his mouth.

He can worry about that once he gets his wedges in order. My god I’ve never seen a top golfer be so consistent in flying his wedges 10-20 yards off the back of the green.

Reaction Score

PED's making him feel like Superman. I'll enjoy the inevitable crash and burn from this tool.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Read a few years ago the first person to live to 150 has already been born.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom