Grad Transfer Evelyn Adebayo commits to UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Grad Transfer Evelyn Adebayo commits to UConn

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I had heard of Adebayo but have never seen her play, and didn't even realize she'd entered the portal!

Unfortunately I only saw the Murray State men's team this past season, with the phenomenal Ja Morant.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
One of the really interesting aspects to Evelyn's signing is that outside of a very few UConn WBB insiders (and they weren't talking) nobody saw this coming. Did anyone know this young lady had visited UConn's campus, or had even heard of her? So we all have to ask, what other potential transfers have been spirited in and out of Storrs without detection by the BY's cadre of super sleuths?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Geno really hard at work. What's with Geno recruiting all these pieces I didn't see a mile coming?

Seems like he's stockpiling in a way similar to what Vic is doing.

Unlike the Party atmosphere in Starkville ;), I guess STORRS may not be the party
place so Geno is pushing his recruiting on the road. Get them to commit before telling them where STORRS is. ;););)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I had heard of Adebayo but have never seen her play, and didn't even realize she'd entered the portal!

Unfortunately I only saw the Murray State men's team this past season, with the phenomenal Ja Morant.
I've asked this question before, but never got a definitive answer. If you are a graduate transfer, do you have to put your name in the portal, or can you simply contact any school you are interested in?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Wow. We are already telling GOAT Geno how he is going to coach next year's team, even adding people that are not on the team.
Yup, it's the off season.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I did a BY search and the only prior references to Adebayo from the BY were a small conversation on April 11.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Hold on there kemosabe. There is still at least one iron in the fire.
Agreed, I wouldn't dub her a starter at this point. She is most likely a complementary (and very needed) player. I really know know little to nothing but Geno's systems are hard and there is definitely a learning curve. Remember that despite all of Azura's innate talent, she didn't start (had to unlearn bad habits) - of course there were some other pretty good choices to start on that team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Not even four minutes into this. And while I was skeptical for about, oh, say 25 seconds, it became increasingly clear: this is a game changer. AE is already a capable open floor dribbler who can go the length of the floor. She can also drive and score, post up and score, and apparently hit the outside shot. Physical, and with good court sense. She'll mesh beautifully with Liv, Crystal, Megan and CW. Under Geno and the UConn system, she could very well be a double double threat every single game. This basically gives us 5 players on the floor every game, each of whom is capable of having a big night on offense. While the usual questions about defense will abound, I have absolutely no doubt that this team will make its presence felt early in the season and will quickly dispel any notion that this will be an "off" year. Final four material, most definitely (barring the usual).

Finally!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Not even four minutes into this. And while I was skeptical for about, oh, say 25 seconds, it became increasingly clear: this is a game changer. AE EA is already a capable open floor dribbler who can go the length of the floor. She can also drive and score, post up and score, and apparently hit the outside shot. Physical, and with good court sense. She'll mesh beautifully with Liv, Crystal, Megan and CW. Under Geno and the UConn system, she could very well be a double double threat every single game. This basically gives us 5 players on the floor every game, each of whom is capable of having a big night on offense. While the usual questions about defense will abound, I have absolutely no doubt that this team will make its presence felt early in the season and will quickly dispel any notion that this will be an "off" year. Final four material, most definitely (barring the usual).

Finally!

AE was too close to AEH. Glad to nip that in the bud. ;)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Let's go easy here! Adebayo is a nice player and put up great numbers against Tenn and Kentucky, but she is not in the same stratosphere as Collier. Adebayo will definitely help UConn and give quality minutes, but if you are looking for her to replace Pheesa as a "double double machine", you will be very disappointed.
Getting a lot of use out of this... ;)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Evelyn, the British grad transfer from a Kentucky school, will make a nice cultural bridge to UConn's new European-flavored era, looking ahead to the hopefully multiyear major contributions of Muhl and Makurat.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I did a BY search and the only prior references to Adebayo from the BY were a small conversation on April 11.

View attachment 42855
Getting back to my earlier question on whether or not a grad transfer had to list themselves in the transfer portal or could simply contact teams directly, I noted the reference from Christian Simmons who's twitter page lists him as a "player development coach" and asks that anyone interested in Ms. Adebayo contact him directly. Surmising that such middlemen play a prominent role in the transfer business.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Evelyn, the British grad transfer from a Kentucky school, will make a nice cultural bridge to UConn's new European-flavored era, looking ahead to the hopefully multiyear major contributions of Muhl and Makurat.

and Evelyn will bring a British stiff upper lip to the pressure cooker. :)

I just want an Aussie now.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Come on beat writers. Get of your duff. ;)

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I have come to the conclusion that if DT, Maya or Stewie committed to UConn in the present instead of the past, people here would be pointing out their downsides and telling us how Geno was going to use them and how we still need other players. But then this is THE BY and anything goes.
I for one am glad that the next few years are looking a lot brighter than they were looking a month ago and am happy that our posters are finding and posting all this great news.
Let the OT Music threads be put on hold for a while longer. :)

Reaction Score

He’s the one I really wanted from there.

Reaction Score
Getting back to my earlier question on whether or not a grad transfer had to list themselves in the transfer portal or could simply contact teams directly, I noted the reference from Christian Simmons who's twitter page lists him as a "player development coach" and asks that anyone interested in Ms. Adebayo contact him directly. Surmising that such middlemen play a prominent role in the transfer business.
I hope you get an informed answer. I am also curious about whether grads have to enter the portal, and whether they can be repped by an agent. By a paid agent?

Reaction Score
Ania and Evelyn are experienced players, but they're not experienced playing
UConn basketball or playing for Geno. In that sense they are like our incoming
Freshman.

As we all know, it's not so much the pieces as it is the TEAM that can be made
from the pieces. So, how quickly our new players can get on the
same page as the core four will go a long way to determining our success next
year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors