GOT Season Six | Page 49 | The Boneyard

GOT Season Six

Reaction Score
Your list reads like a "Which doesnt belong and why"

Please edit and take that ineffectual moron Sansa Stark off. You discount a Sand Snake but think Sansa is capable?
It dilutes and otherwise though provoking solid posting.

Sansa has troops and support behind Jon Snow. And Littlefinger in her corner (I think). Cersei is just sipping wine while Rome burns.

Reaction Score
For all the twists and turns the show has taken to this season, I feel like the end stages have clearly been more about playing out the storylines in grand fashion, as opposed to wild shockers. That said, I feel like there are only 5 people who could possibly kill Cersei.

Sansa - For how she treated her and the role played in the death of Robb/Ned.
Arya - Well, she's on "the list"
Jamie - This whole romantic brother/sister story is odd and could end oddly
Tyrian - Not likely, but they have clearly hated each other since childhood.
Cersei - She almost drank poison at the Battle of Blackwater, I can see her doing that while the rest of Kings Landing burns.

No one else makes any sense. She's such a strong and evil btch of a character, you're not writing her off in some knife fight with a Sand Snake.

I absolutely adore your avatar.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
For all the twists and turns the show has taken to this season, I feel like the end stages have clearly been more about playing out the storylines in grand fashion, as opposed to wild shockers. That said, I feel like there are only 5 people who could possibly kill Cersei.

Sansa - For how she treated her and the role played in the death of Robb/Ned.
Arya - Well, she's on "the list"
Jamie - This whole romantic brother/sister story is odd and could end oddly
Tyrian - Not likely, but they have clearly hated each other since childhood.
Cersei - She almost drank poison at the Battle of Blackwater, I can see her doing that while the rest of Kings Landing burns.

No one else makes any sense. She's such a strong and evil btch of a character, you're not writing her off in some knife fight with a Sand Snake.
Littlefinger? In a bid to win favor with Sansa?

Reaction Score
This season really was about the comeback of the Starks. Cersei is a conniver. She has never physically fought for anything. I would bet that Arya is most likely to kill Cersei. If she fails maybe it is Sansa. She has never fought for anything either but really had a great run this year and is much smarter and stronger than her young self. A nice transformation. Littlefinger will betray her so she may not get the chance. And then you have old Lady Martell. Cersei never leaves Kings Landing so while waiting for the Whitewalkers I don't see how the Starks move south. With Varys connecting with Dorne and the Martells it seems that is where Danarys will land her fleet. Cersei is the one who has been the root cause of all the trouble in the 7 Kingdoms. There is a lot to deal with in 14 episodes.

Reaction Score
I've been re watching GOT and am struck by how much Viserys/Tyrion and Littlefinger clashed. I knew they clashed, but forgot exactly how often. I also am reminded about how many acts Ned took on Danny's behalf in front of Varys. Lots of reasons for the Starks and Targs to kiss and makeup without much ado.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The current trend to present everything in video form is the bane of my existence. As someone with serious hearing loss (and these stupid little videos are never close captioned) it's a useless medium. Even newspapers are doing this now.

You missed nothing. It was a bunch of lipread jokes.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I've been re watching GOT and am struck by how much Viserys/Tyrion and Littlefinger clashed. I knew they clashed, but forgot exactly how often. I also am reminded about how many acts Ned took on Danny's behalf in front of Varys. Lots of reasons for the Starks and Targs to kiss and makeup without much ado.

What does this mean?

Reaction Score
What does this mean?

The single largest source of tension between Robert and Ned was Danny. Robert wanted her dead---he brought it up in the first or second episode---and Ned didn't approve of assassinations. It's when Ned refused to partake in the order to kill Danny that he was temporarily not the Hand and attacked by Jamie. Even the last order given to Ned by Robert from his deathbed was an order to call the assassination off.

All of Ned's arguments and his resignation in protest were in front of Verys. Who presumably will tell Danny during their nice long trip across the sea.

Reaction Score
All of Ned's arguments and his resignation in protest were in front of Verys. Who presumably will tell Danny during their nice long trip across the sea.
Okay that sounds nice but what does Varys know about the Starks at this current point? What does he know about Jon? Does anyone outside the North know yet of what happened at Winterfell? For all everyone else knows by the time Varys gets back to Meereen, the North is run by the Boltons (who served the Lannisters) and Sansa is at most a trophy queen having been passed around from the Baratheons to the Lannisters to said Boltons, right? I get that he has the greatest network of information in the world, but did/can word really travel that fast in that society? Keep in mind how far Winterfell really is from Dorne (although the writers really have been messing with time jumps lately with Arya and Varys just teleporting across oceans between episodes so who knows)

Basically, what point does Varys have in talking about how the late Stark patriarch spoke against killing Danny, when the Stark family is insignificant and all but extinct to them? At this stage of the Game, the Starks are an afterthought; a bishop sitting on the side, off the board.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Okay that sounds nice but what does Varys know about the Starks at this current point? What does he know about Jon? Does anyone outside the North know yet of what happened at Winterfell? For all everyone else knows by the time Varys gets back to Meereen, the North is run by the Boltons (who served the Lannisters) and Sansa is at most a trophy queen having been passed around from the Baratheons to the Lannisters to said Boltons, right? I get that he has the greatest network of information in the world, but did/can word really travel that fast in that society? Keep in mind how far Winterfell really is from Dorne (although the writers really have been messing with time jumps lately with Arya and Varys just teleporting between episodes so who knows)

Basically, what point does Varys have in talking about how the late Stark patriarch spoke against killing Danny, when the Stark family is insignificant and all but extinct to them? At this stage of the Game, the Starks are an afterthought; a bishop sitting on the side, off the board.

Varys crisscrossed the ocean twice in two or three episodes and arranged a rebellion in between. He is the master of spies. He knows.

Reaction Score
Basically, what point does Varys have in talking about how the late Stark patriarch spoke against killing Danny, when the Stark family is insignificant and all but extinct to them?

To further the plot. The story is about the Starks and Dany. They're the main characters. Invent a reason for Varys to mention it (it's not really that hard to imagine a reason why Danny would want to know about the major families of Westeros). Bottom line is, they will forge an alliance and a likely bridge is Vary's info.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
To further the plot. The story is about the Starks and Dany. They're the main characters. Invent a reason for Varys to mention it (it's not really that hard to imagine a reason why Danny would want to know about the major families of Westeros). Bottom line is, they will forge an alliance and a likely bridge is Vary's info.

Or Jon Snow's big
1f414.png

(sadly, I just can't help myself)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Varys crisscrossed the ocean twice in two or three episodes and arranged a rebellion in between. He is the master of spies. He knows.

I pretty much assume that he knows everything, or nearly so.

I like your theory. I don't know how much it matters, as I think it will be more crucial to reveal their kinship. But perhaps Varys will be the conduit for that as well.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I'll tell you that unlike Varys, someone has no idea whats going on:

Stupid Sansa

stupid-sansa_o_398780.jpg

I harbor a secret desire for you to run into Sophie Turner in the hotel bar at some business meeting. She's slightly flirty and you're chatting and she wants to know what you think of her character. And then the lies come...

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I harbor a secret desire for you to run into Sophie Turner in the hotel bar at some business meeting. She's slightly flirty and you're chatting and she wants to know what you think of her character. And then the lies come...
BkuhR4SCQAAUJA0.jpg-large.jpeg

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Starks = Ice
Targaryans = Fire

This makes me sad. ASOIAF devolves from one of the more interesting political thriller series ever written into just another fantasy series. Fudge.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Starks = Ice
Targaryans = Fire

This makes me sad. ASOIAF devolves from one of the more interesting political thriller series ever written into just another fantasy series. Fudge.

It's what happens when you kill all the people. There is no one left to politic.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Starks = Ice
Targaryans = Fire

Every thriller has to have a point when the options narrow and some dramatic action fuels the ending. That's where we are here. This thing has two more seasons, tops. It could end next year, if Dany and Jon align by midseason, with the second half the war against the Night King and the dead.

August_West

Reaction Score
Every thriller has to have a point when the options narrow and some dramatic action fuels the ending. That's where we are here. This thing has two more seasons, tops. It could end next year, if Dany and Jon align by midseason, with the second half the war against the Night King and the dead.

really two 1/2 seasons

13-14 more episodes spread over 2 seasons

Reaction Score

And then the lies come? What makes you think if Sophie Turner was flirting with him he'd be able to get words out of his mouth?

By the way -- you know that if you post a desire on a bulletin board it's no longer a "secret desire," correct?

August_West

Reaction Score
And then the lies come? What makes you think if Sophie Turner was flirting with him he'd be able to get words out of his mouth?

By the way -- you know that if you post a desire on a bulletin board it's no longer a "secret desire," correct?

1st of all I dont get tongue tied around girls or celebrities. How many people can say they kicked the #1 model in the world (at the time of the ejection) out of their apartment for puking on his chair and being a general buzzkill? I can say that.

2nd of all, I would relish telling Sophie what I think of her character and compliment her on her acting abilities for being good at the craft of conveying unlikability and patheticness to such a successful degree. Im no actor but I would imagine that takes some chops.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom