GoT Season Seven | Page 34 | The Boneyard

GoT Season Seven

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
There definitely is a next generation feel to things right now.

Did Big Boy Tarly spurn the whole Maester career path out of pragmatism? What happens when he learns that he is the only one left and the House is his?

The Tarleys suddenly support Jon is what happens, and Cersei loses more allies.

Reaction Score
Yeah. That.

And also there is a symmetry to the two bastards (as far as everyone is concerned Jon is still Neds bastard, for now) of the best friends who won the last war standing together in this one. The hammer Gendry chooses is significant. Robert Baratheon was famous for his use of the War Hammer.Not sword. They right now have more in common than anyone Jon comes in contact with. He may find that comforting. Someone his age, the bastard son of a highborn dropped into the craziness of worlds they didnt belong in.

Also, because of the symmetry and symbolism, I have Gendry as a decent chance wild card to end up on the iron throne too. He has a legitimate claim being the only known Baratheon son, and I can see what happened in the past happening again.

Remember Tywins (or was it Jamies?) conversation with Ned Stark in season one? How they were amazed that when Ned was the first one to break into the throne room to signify the end of "Roberts Rebellion" he couldve chosen to sit on the Iron throne himself and become King. But Ned stepped aside and gave it to Robert.

Especially if Dany dies, even when Jon is outed as the rightful heir and a Targaryen, I could totally see him choosing to not be on the throne. There are a million hints to that over the seasons. In every instance leadership is thrust upon Jon and he accepts it grudgingly. He does it out of what he believes to be obligation. Derives NO joy from it. He doesnt like it . Not like say an egomaniac like Sansa does.

If Jon chooses not to sit on the throne, Gendry is the guy.

To me the most "GoT" thing that could happen between Sansa and Jon is that Sansa betrays him, and when she fails she learns that it was all for naught anyways because he would have handed her the North upon discovering that he is a Targaryen. Just my .02.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Well he is a blacksmith. Will all of that dragon glass they will need someone to make blades out of it. There aren't that many Valyrian blades left since Valyria is gone. They will likely figure out they will need to use the dragon fire to make more.

Yeah, but there's how may blacksmiths in the realm? And I'm sure The Nightswatch has one.

Note, I want Gendry back in, I was just replying to the person who said he needs to go cause he's in the way of the story.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I still think Tyrion just may be a targaryen too. Especially with what he said to Jamie about tywin last night.it would explain why tywin hated him so much. Hes not his.

I'm on board with this too. The chained dragon scene in Mereen nailed that home for me. Partly cause I want it to be so.

The bold would imply that Tywin was also purposely harboring a bastard Targaryen which is something I never really thought about. Playing the long game to overthrow Baratheon.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
To me the most "GoT" thing that could happen between Sansa and Jon is that Sansa betrays him, and when she fails she learns that it was all for naught anyways because he would have handed her the North upon discovering that he is a Targaryen. Just my .02.

And then puts her to death, like Ned did at the start of Season1. That would be unreal.

So would Arya killing Sansa for trying to 'take' the North.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And then puts her to death, like Ned did at the start of Season That would be unreal.

So would Arya killing Sansa for trying to 'take' the North.

Agree on both. Little finger will have her back though.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
How cool are those Dragons though. They must be as big as a 747 by now. How much bigger do they get?

It seems no bigger, if the size of Balareon the Dread's skull is any indication. Seems similar to Drogon's right now.

I love the dragon's obviously, but I'm disappointed that the amount of screen time they get is one of the main drivers to shortening the last 2 seasons, if reports are to be believed. The effects cost a LOT to produce. They really are well done though.

Reaction Score
There definitely is a next generation feel to things right now.

Did Big Boy Tarly spurn the whole Maester career path out of pragmatism? What happens when he learns that he is the only one left and the House is his?

He's subject to execution for deserting the Night's Watch if he takes his house's seat.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
He's subject to execution for deserting the Night's Watch if he takes his house's seat.

He's already King of the North. So, he's effectively out if he's 'ruling' the other houses.

And if the White Walkers are defeated, the Nightswatch is no longer necessary.

Jon is effectively the 'Great Uniter'. Bringing the Wildlings, the North, and The southern Kingdoms together.

Reaction Score
He's already King of the North. So, he's effectively out if he's 'ruling' the other houses.

And if the White Walkers are defeated, the Nightswatch is no longer necessary.

Jon is effectively the 'Great Uniter'. Bringing the Wildlings, the North, and The southern Kingdoms together.

Weren't we talking about Sam?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Weren't we talking about Sam?

Yes, but didn't Jon, as commander of the watch, essentially relieve Sam when he sent him to the Citadel? I believe his official obligation is over.

Reaction Score

How can Sam be subject to execution for desertion when he was given Jon's blessing to go to Old Town to become a maester when Jon was still Nightswatch commander? Since then situations have changed: Jon has been thrust into the position of King of the North while still technically also holding the Nightswatch command. He left a trusted subordinate in charge at the Wall as deputy commander. If Sam decided to become head of his household, I don't think that Jon will condemn him for it.

Reaction Score
A co-worker just brought this one up. With all the illogical time travelling in the last 8-10 episodes, Davos whipping around from Dragonstone to the Wall to Kings Landing, etc.....how come the white walkers aren't where they need to be already? They're dead so they can just walk nonstop. They don't get tired. Don't need to eat. Yet, they've marched and marched and marched while Varys travels wherever he wants in a blip.

Reaction Score
I'm starting to think this way as well. If Rhaegar and Lyanna were in fact properly married, he is the rightful heir.

I thought the annulment revelation and implying that Jon's parents were really married was, I don't know, too convenient. Maybe there was a seemingly throwaway line in the books (like in a Barristan Selmy flashback) about that particular Grand Maester rushing away unexpectedly around the same time Lyanna had been "kidnapped." It is good to have some official documentation to support this. Otherwise, there is just Bran's vision, which some people will be skeptical of. I guess, considering how long GRRM has been crafting this story, I'm a little disappointed there was never a hint of this type of development. On the other hand, it's not that big a deal and, if there never was a secret annulment and marriage, there wouldn't be an official record to discover.

Reaction Score
A co-worker just brought this one up. With all the illogical time travelling in the last 8-10 episodes, Davos whipping around from Dragonstone to the Wall to Kings Landing, etc.....how come the white walkers aren't where they need to be already? They're dead so they can just walk nonstop. They don't get tired. Don't need to eat. Yet, they've marched and marched and marched while Varys travels wherever he wants in a blip.

Semi-related to the white walkers taking their time, does anyone in Jon's group heading out to bring a zombie back know that they (allegedly) can't pass the wall? Or is it okay if people bring them through, like the 2 bodies brought into Castle Black way back when?

On the topic of time and traveling, I wondered why Jon Snow didn't make a stop a Winterfell before going to Eastwatch. He hasn't seen Bran and Arya in years and thought they were dead. Instead of seeing them, even briefly, he heads off on a near-suicide mission. It also might have been helpful to see all the other northern lords in person, tell them he secured access to the dragonglass, keep listening to Sansa and he has to go to Eastwatch on important, King of the North business. It would have been really rushed on the show and not made sense from a time and distance standpoint, but there were some benefits to doing it.

Reaction Score

Gathering a bigger undead army before they make the big push south?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Dragonstone to Eastwatch is a boat trip. Going inland to Winterfell would be out of the way. Though in TV time it would be taken 90 seconds.

Reaction Score
The whole wight capture plot is pretty ridiculous.

It has created one heck of an awesome team. And it will make for an awesome episode.

But it doesn't really make any sense.

Why do they need Cersei's help/alliance? Why do they care if she believes the AoD is coming? Dany wants the throne and Cersei cant do anything to stop her at this point. So what use is Cersei to them as a strategic partner?

Is the show going to continue to ruin Tyrion? After all his strategic mis-steps this season, this is his plan? Does he not know Cersei better than anyone? Even IF they somehow needed Cersei's help, does Tyrion expect her to believe them? Clearly she will assume its some clever trick or will dismiss it altogether. Even IF she does believe them. does Tyrion really expect her to act as an honorable ally? Again, why do they even need her in the first place???

Seems like Tyrion has gone the way of LF and Varys in that he went from a critical character and strategic genius to an "i'm also still here" character. Although LF has an opportunity at redemption with the new Arya plotline. tbd there.

The plan itself is so dumb too. Take a few guys and head out to face a 50k strong army of zombies and the plan is to just capture one somehow and then run back? They don't take any horses? What is the plan to subdue it? Will it survive the journey to KL?

I try not to get upset by the time and distance inconsistencies as I realize they have to wrap this all up. But this plan, I don't know. I'm pretty excited for the episode, but it all seems pretty dumb and illogical. It all seems forced as a way to get these characters together for whatever reason and to give us a whitewalker battle/scene to fill the season quota to remind us they are still coming before they actually come next season.

Reaction Score
The whole wight capture plot is pretty ridiculous.

It has created one heck of an awesome team. And it will make for an awesome episode.

But it doesn't really make any sense.

Why do they need Cersei's help/alliance? Why do they care if she believes the AoD is coming? Dany wants the throne and Cersei cant do anything to stop her at this point. So what use is Cersei to them as a strategic partner?

Is the show going to continue to ruin Tyrion? After all his strategic mis-steps this season, this is his plan? Does he not know Cersei better than anyone? Even IF they somehow needed Cersei's help, does Tyrion expect her to believe them? Clearly she will assume its some clever trick or will dismiss it altogether. Even IF she does believe them. does Tyrion really expect her to act as an honorable ally? Again, why do they even need her in the first place???

Seems like Tyrion has gone the way of LF and Varys in that he went from a critical character and strategic genius to an "i'm also still here" character. Although LF has an opportunity at redemption with the new Arya plotline. tbd there.

The plan itself is so dumb too. Take a few guys and head out to face a 50k strong army of zombies and the plan is to just capture one somehow and then run back? They don't take any horses? What is the plan to subdue it? Will it survive the journey to KL?

I try not to get upset by the time and distance inconsistencies as I realize they have to wrap this all up. But this plan, I don't know. I'm pretty excited for the episode, but it all seems pretty dumb and illogical. It all seems forced as a way to get these characters together for whatever reason and to give us a whitewalker battle/scene to fill the season quota to remind us they are still coming before they actually come next season.

I agree with the "capture a White Walker" plan being hare brained. I also cringed at Tyrion going back to Kings Landing to have a chat with Jamie. The Hand of the Queen is going to put himself in jeopardy like that? Especially considering that the Hand is so physically noticeable?

Reaction Score
Semi-related to the white walkers taking their time, does anyone in Jon's group heading out to bring a zombie back know that they (allegedly) can't pass the wall? Or is it okay if people bring them through, like the 2 bodies brought into Castle Black way back when?

My understanding is that the walkers can't pass, but the resurrected dead folks can.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom