GoT Season Seven | Page 33 | The Boneyard

GoT Season Seven

Reaction Score
That was an excuse for side-booob in a mostly booobles season.

P.s. It is time for Sansa to step up and derobe.

So will the series end with Sansa voluntarily getting back together with her first husband? Presumably after Bronn, at his request, kills West who finally admits his obsession with her and tries to interfere? And do they shoot the climactic scene at a Wendy's?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Arya is fooled. There are two ways for Littlefinger to fail---

Bran takes a break from crowing to just tell the sisters or Sansa out thinks Littlefinger. I am cheering for the second, bittersweet scenario because it will make Littlefinger's fall as painful for August as it will be for me.

Yes, she's fooled. She thinks that Littlefinger is hiding evidence that Sansa once wanted her family to bend the knee for Joffrey. Well duh? This isn't news to Arya. I don't think it will have the intended effect. One potential option is that Arya confronts Sansa, who says she hated that monster and admits she was a stupid girl. Then Sansa asks where she got the note. Arya reveals how she found it and they both know Littlefinger is trying to stir dissent. That's how I see it going down actually.

Reaction Score
Upon second watch.....

1) I have no doubts Arya kills Littlefinger with the dagger. No fakking way she's buying that lame scroll plant.

2) I liked the Gendry re-entry a lot better. I thought it was too quick and shoehorned in last night and feel better about it today.

3) I don't like Tyrians long term odds of living to the end. At all.

4) I also think it's worth taking a long shot flyer on Khaleesi dying and Jon Snow being last one standing. As opposed to everyone thinking they end up together happily ever after.

Reaction Score
Upon second watch.....

1) I have no doubts Arya kills Littlefinger with the dagger. No fakking way she's buying that lame scroll plant.

2) I liked the Gendry re-entry a lot better. I thought it was too quick and shoehorned in last night and feel better about it today.

3) I don't like Tyrians long term odds of living to the end. At all.

4) I also think it's worth taking a long shot flyer on Khaleesi dying and Jon Snow being last one standing. As opposed to everyone thinking they end up together happily ever after.

I think there is a very good chance Danny dies. More so than Tyrion. I would put it at better than even.

Reaction Score
Wait -- you're implying that a woman might lie about being pregnant to get something? Was there once a world where that actually happened?

Everyone keeps waiting for Cersei to die. To make it a surprise, they stick a fake baby in her belly. It makes for good misdirection.

Reaction Score
My boy Baelish!! Always three steps ahead. Thought he was a goner there for a sec

Reaction Score
Are you going to enjoy when he gets his throat slit by Arya with a Valyrian steel blade? He is not even making it through the next 2 episodes.
"Not even?"

There are what, a dozen characters still alive from episode 1?

Reaction Score
Upon second watch.....

I'm starting to think this way as well. If Rhaegar and Lyanna were in fact properly married, he is the rightful heir.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Are you going to enjoy when he gets his throat slit by Arya with a Valyrian steel blade? He is not even making it through the next 2 episodes.

My call: Cersie and Littlefinger both make it to the Final Round Season.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'd like to see Gendry gone, I think his storyline will muck up the main storyline too much.

Then why even bring him back in?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
They screamed it again last night with the stuff a the citadel and especially with the Dragons reaction to Jon touching it.

Was it my imagination? I thought I saw the eyeball (slit) grow wider after it blinked. Like when humans eyeballs involuntarily expand indicating you love someone.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I think there is a very good chance Danny dies. More so than Tyrion. I would put it at better than even.

I still think Tyrion just may be a targaryen too. Especially with what he said to Jamie about tywin last night.it would explain why tywin hated him so much. Hes not his.
Was it my imagination? I thought I saw the eyeball (slit) grow wider after it blinked. Like when humans eyeballs involuntarily expand indicating you love someone.

Totally reminded me of that movie " Avatar" when they plug their hair into the animals and they " connect"

Reaction Score

I'm thinking that Dany & Jon hook up & she dies in child birth, leavingthe door open for a series on the "next generation".:cool:

Reaction Score
Then why even bring him back in?
Well he is a blacksmith. Will all of that dragon glass they will need someone to make blades out of it. There aren't that many Valyrian blades left since Valyria is gone. They will likely figure out they will need to use the dragon fire to make more.

August_West

Reaction Score
Well he is a blacksmith. Will all of that dragon glass they will need someone to make blades out of it. There aren't that many Valyrian blades left since Valyria is gone. They will likely figure out they will need to use the dragon fire to make more.

Yeah. That.

And also there is a symmetry to the two bastards (as far as everyone is concerned Jon is still Neds bastard, for now) of the best friends who won the last war standing together in this one. The hammer Gendry chooses is significant. Robert Baratheon was famous for his use of the War Hammer.Not sword. They right now have more in common than anyone Jon comes in contact with. He may find that comforting. Someone his age, the bastard son of a highborn dropped into the craziness of worlds they didnt belong in.

Also, because of the symmetry and symbolism, I have Gendry as a decent chance wild card to end up on the iron throne too. He has a legitimate claim being the only known Baratheon son, and I can see what happened in the past happening again.

Remember Tywins (or was it Jamies?) conversation with Ned Stark in season one? How they were amazed that when Ned was the first one to break into the throne room to signify the end of "Roberts Rebellion" he couldve chosen to sit on the Iron throne himself and become King. But Ned stepped aside and gave it to Robert.

Especially if Dany dies, even when Jon is outed as the rightful heir and a Targaryen, I could totally see him choosing to not be on the throne. There are a million hints to that over the seasons. In every instance leadership is thrust upon Jon and he accepts it grudgingly. He does it out of what he believes to be obligation. Derives NO joy from it. He doesnt like it . Not like say an egomaniac like Sansa does.

If Jon chooses not to sit on the throne, Gendry is the guy.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I'm starting to think this way as well. If Rhaegar and Lyanna were in fact properly married, he is the rightful heir.

Yes, I thought the marriage possibility really bumped up Jon another notch.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Yeah. That.

And also there is a symmetry to the two bastards (as far as everyone is concerned Jon is still Neds bastard, for now) of the best friends who won the last war standing together in this one. The hammer Gendry chooses is significant. Robert Baratheon was famous for his use of the War Hammer.Not sword. They right now have more in common than anyone Jon comes in contact with. He may find that comforting. Someone his age, the bastard son of a highborn dropped into the craziness of worlds they didnt belong in.

Also, because of the symmetry and symbolism, I have Gendry as a decent chance wild card to end up on the iron throne too. He has a legitimate claim being the only known Baratheon son, and I can see what happened in the past happening again.

Remember Tywins (or was it Jamies?) conversation with Ned Stark in season one? How they were amazed that when Ned was the first one to break into the throne room to signify the end of "Roberts Rebellion" he couldve chosen to sit on the Iron throne himself and become King. But Ned stepped aside and gave it to Robert.

Especially if Dany dies, even when Jon is outed as the rightful heir and a Targaryen, I could totally see him choosing to not be on the throne. There are a million hints to that over the seasons. In every instance leadership is thrust upon Jon and he accepts it grudgingly. He does it out of what he believes to be obligation. Derives NO joy from it. He doesnt like it . Not like say an egomaniac like Sansa does.

You just explained why Jon will win. For the same reason that nobody who would actually want to the President of the United States would actually make a good one, nobody who wants to be King would be a good King. I think this is part of why they have shifted Daenerys to a more aggressive position, seeking to have everyone "bend the knee" and burning the Tarley's. Nobody with the ambition to win, will win.

August_West

Reaction Score
For the same reason that nobody who would actually want to the President of the United States would actually make a good one, nobody who wants to be King would be a good King.

the same couldve been said of Ned though, right?

Reaction Score
Okay but he's been working with steel all this time; obsidian is a completely different material

Reaction Score
Yeah. That.

The way they greeted each other harkened back to Ned and Robert greeting each other for the first time after he war

Do believe it was Jaime but that is a good catch.

Yeah Dany definitely has to die for that to happen. Just might be Jon or Tyrion to kill her.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
the same couldve been said of Ned though, right?

Yes, and he was a good ruler in the North. I'm simply suggesting that the writers will put someone like that on the throne. Evidently Jon's dad was also such a man.

Reaction Score
There definitely is a next generation feel to things right now.

Did Big Boy Tarly spurn the whole Maester career path out of pragmatism? What happens when he learns that he is the only one left and the House is his?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom