Goodbye to you....Coach K | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Goodbye to you....Coach K

Reaction Score
That’s the stat TBS showed. Makes no sense now that I think about it…
This was his 13th final four and he won 5 I believe which means he had 8 losses in the FF…not such a stellar record.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Are you saying that K at Duke was 9-4 in final fours? He had four final four losses (86, 88, 89, 90) before his first national title.
That’s the stat TBS showed. Makes no sense now that I think about it…
I think they mean 9-4 in national semifinals.

He reached the Final Four 13 times. Five of those resulted in national titles; four times he finished runner-up; and four times he lost in the semis.

Reaction Score
These last two losses to UNC are gonna sting Dookie Nation for a long, long time. Just awful to lose to your archrival in those situations, especially blowing the chance for payback in the Final Four and doubling down - nah, tripling down - on the faceplant.
What will sting even more is when they are irrelevant in 2-3 years and ranked outside of the top 25. It’s coming because I can tell you one thing…Scheyer ain’t “the guy”

Reaction Score
That means any one of us could probably be able to get them to the tourney, and we never coached. Hurley is begging for a portal point guard.
We heard you the first time.

Reaction Score
So did duke players really not shake hands after the loss? Stay classy

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Oh, pretty sure CBS will not let him fade away, they’ll push him in our faces as often and as long as they can. Expect a ‘K Retrospective’ Monday night.

That's been the source of the hatred toward Coach K. There was always a wide gap between the fawning attention he received, and the attention he deserved.

He was a great coach. Easily one of the best. But it was annoying to hear announcers singing his praises when watching a game not involving Duke.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What will sting even more is when they are irrelevant in 2-3 years and ranked outside of the top 25. It’s coming because I can tell you one thing…Scheyer ain’t “the guy”
What makes you so sure Scheyer isn’t the guy? Is it because the guy that follow the legend usually has a tough time?

Reaction Score
It's still Duke. The networks and the agents gravitate around them.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Kinda pissed he kept it classy there

Reaction Score
I think they mean 9-4 in national semifinals.

He reached the Final Four 13 times. Five of those resulted in national titles; four times he finished runner-up; and four times he lost in the semis.

That makes sense.

Reaction Score
Duke board is a pretty fun read right now with Duke fans admitting UNC owns them forever and UConn is still in their heads.
Do you have a link to the UConn comments? I want to read the salt lol

Reaction Score
Omg their board is in full meltdown mode. There is a hilarious mod message that someone just got banned for “repeatedly wishing death upon others” hahahahah

Reaction Score
So did duke players really not shake hands after the loss? Stay classy
I’m not defending them or Duke, but they shouldn’t have to wait around for UNC players and coaches to stop celebrating just to shake their hand.

I’d walk off right the court after a loss like that too. But I do have to admit I am a bit of a sore loser haha

Reaction Score
Omg their board is in full meltdown mode. There is a hilarious mod message that someone just got banned for “repeatedly wishing death upon others” hahahahah
Because they didn’t get every call???? Whaaaahhhhh

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom