Goodbye to you....Coach K | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Goodbye to you....Coach K

Reaction Score
You mean Sheyer?

Yeah anyone can recruit to Duke… at least for now. Kids went to play for K.
except 3 of the top 5 players in high school committed to Duke next year knowing K won’t be there…. Duke is always going to get the top kid whoever the coach may be.

Reaction Score
except 3 of the top 5 players in high school committed to Duke next year knowing K won’t be there…. Duke is always going to get the top kid whoever the coach may be.
Yeah and KO got a few decent recruits until he didn’t

The UConn mystique helped him a lot, like the Duke mystique is now. Let’s see in 3 years. Being in the ACC definitely helps

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

For all the haters (hate! hate! hate!) like myself.

THIS! Accusing everyone who weren't fans of K as merely being haters indicates you were paying zero attention throughout his career at the lack of class, and the ridiculous behavior he allowed by his players (this is missing the Gerald Henderson flying elbow drop against Hansbrough that also went unpunished IIRC).

Reaction Score
I bet he come back in some capacity. Not sure what that means. More than just an analyst

Reaction Score
Oh man according to distinguished contributor @UofCT these guys will really miss K. I hope they end up okay.

You’re still talking about Coach K? Really showing the boneyard how little you’re going to miss him.

Reaction Score
You’re still talking about Coach K? Really showing the boneyard how little you’re going to miss him.
I really left it open for your to explain your position but now it’s clear you simply can’t and/or you never had a well-thought point to begin.

Thanks for saving me a ton of time and mental effort. You’re on the cognitive level of “you’re talking about X ergo you care about X”

Maybe you can try to define “care”? I hope that’s not too hard for you

Last edited:

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
Losing the last game to Duke's most bitter rival had to be soul crushing. If I had the chance to offer Coach K some words of comfort, I'd point out that he made so many more Americans happy by losing than by winning. Also I'd say that he should keep it in perspective. It couldn't have been nearly as bad as losing the championship game in 1999 when his team was supposed to be coronated as one of the greatest and most dominant in the history of college basketball.

Reaction Score
I really left it open for your to explain your position but now it’s clear you simply can’t and/or you never had a well-thought point to begin.

Thanks for saving me a ton of time and mental effort. You’re on the cognitive level of “you’re talking about X ergo you care about X”

Maybe you can try to define “care”? I hope that’s not too hard for you

My position is you’re a clown.

Reaction Score
My position is you’re a clown.
Were you interested in a conversation or not? You made a random quote alluding to some allegory as to what DH is doing now with our program. We would love for you to lay it out for us; it is interesting.

This is a forum after all. You don’t have to reflexively insult me. I really wasn’t asking for a lot.

Reaction Score
Were you interested in a conversation or not? You made a random quote alluding to some allegory as to what DH is doing now with our program. We would love for you to lay it out for us; it is interesting.

This is a forum after all. You don’t have to reflexively insult me. I really wasn’t asking for a lot.

Don’t recall making a post about DH in this thread. Sorry

Reaction Score
departed-rat.gif
Classic ending shot but the ridiculous fakeness of that background always throws me off. Brought in the set design C team that day.

Reaction Score
The hate for K is ridiculous. Reminds me of drunk Sox fans at Fenway who have a hard on for the Yankees and start chanting "Yankees suck" even if they aren't playing the Yanks. K is a legend. My UConn fandom hasn't blinded me to that.
thank you, finally some sanity.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I bet he come back in some capacity. Not sure what that means. More than just an analyst

If there’s someone who doesn’t come back, it might be him.

Maybe something limited like a March Madness studio gig.

I don’t think he’s so ragingly competitive that he needs to take a DIII job just to find an outlet for it like our guy. I also don’t think he’d be as good at an analyst gig like JC is, either.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If there’s someone who doesn’t come back, it might be him.

Maybe something limited like a March Madness studio gig.

I don’t think he’s so ragingly competitive that he needs to take a DIII job just to find an outlet for it like our guy. I also don’t think he’d be as good at an analyst gig like JC is, either.
Obviously he's going to take over for Lily next March.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom