Goodbye to you....Coach K | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Goodbye to you....Coach K

Reaction Score
Wow, just an incredible game.

Major props Hubert Davis and the North Carolina starters.

Man, that backcourt of Davis/Love is so much fun to watch. Two confident sophomores who attack the rim with ease. If both stick around next season, along with Bacot, UNC will continue to be a really fun team to watch next season.

Reaction Score
Not sure how to answer this.

K never really mattered to UConn after the Latener shot, and that was almost 30 years ago.

He is a Legend, and one of the greatest basketball coaches. But to me he might as well be coaching in Asia, as he had no impact.

For UConn to beat him when it's matters takes away any animosity or envy towards him.

So I don't miss him, but respect the hell out of him, and what he accomplished including last night's appearance.

Reaction Score
The hate for K is ridiculous. Reminds me of drunk Sox fans at Fenway who have a hard on for the Yankees and start chanting "Yankees suck" even if they aren't playing the Yanks. K is a legend. My UConn fandom hasn't blinded me to that.
It has nothing to do with UConn Fandom. There are plenty of big name coaches whom I--a UConn fan--respect and admire.

With K it is always, entirely, and only ever about himself. He is 100% a whiny self-absorbed creep.

I can't imagine why kids would want to play for him, apart from the bags of money.

Reaction Score
Has anyone checked on Dookie V?? I’m worried
He had already declared him the best of all time. This is what happens when the media becomes their friend.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
These threads remind me of the Chappelle Show where he did a skit on the Hater's Ball. You guys are all in the running for Hater-of-the-Year...hate hate hate.

Reaction Score
Great coach did some amazing things. His program was almost as good as the build of our coach but not quite as he already had history. Most importantly, we can’t imagine the sting of losing to your heated rivalry on your farewell game at Cameron and then on the national scene. Love it!!

Reaction Score
Great coach, glad he's done, would be nice to see dook drop for a few years.
As much as I disliked him in his later years at Duke, I salute him for his service to the country. I will also say in his years at West Point as a player and then as a coach, he learned from the best recruiting and game coach there ever was. That same man was a great friend to Jim Calhoun.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The hate for K is ridiculous. Reminds me of drunk Sox fans at Fenway who have a hard on for the Yankees and start chanting "Yankees suck" even if they aren't playing the Yanks. K is a legend. My UConn fandom hasn't blinded me to that.
Except that K's team was playing and ours wasn't. Otherwise, great analogy.

Your rooting for Duke is more like a Sox fan attending a Yankees game and wearing a Yankees jersey so you don't get your ass kicked,

Reaction Score
The thing about K was what he did over time...not just with a couple of good teams spread over a couple of years....

His first Runner Up was 37 years ago....

His 5 Titles, 3 Runner Ups...his 11 Final Fours...are spread over decades.

Reaction Score
He will always be the definition of d. bag in my book. ‘99 was sweet. ‘04 semi was icing on the cake.

He can pose with all of his hardware. But I like to think JC and UConn owned him.

1648993562796.png

Reaction Score
Wow, just an incredible game.

Major props Hubert Davis and the North Carolina starters.

Man, that backcourt of Davis/Love is so much fun to watch. Two confident sophomores who attack the rim with ease. If both stick around next season, along with Bacot, UNC will continue to be a really fun team to watch next season.
I could see RJ Davis come back but Love is going to be a first round pick at this point. They are doing their best Bazz and Boat impression right now

Reaction Score
I Duke recruits at that level it would be impossible to not be relevant every year. Honestly would our highest ranked recruit have even been taken by them?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom