Goodbye to you....Coach K | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Goodbye to you....Coach K

Reaction Score
Which is ironic considering Emeka sat for 16 minutes in the first half because of 2 awful fouls
Yup I was just about to say that. If Okafor didn’t have to sit for 16 min I that game, that game unfolds much differently in UConn’s favor..both of those calls were bogus, too.

Reaction Score
Yup I was just about to say that. If Okafor didn’t have to sit for 16 min I that game, that game unfolds much differently in UConn’s favor..both of those calls were bogus, too.
They thought Langdon was fouled, they thought Redick was fouled. For once the refs didn’t screw us either time.

Reaction Score
Duke board is a pretty fun read right now with Duke fans admitting UNC owns them forever and UConn is still in their heads.

Do you have a link to the UConn comments? I want to read the salt lol

Omg their board is in full meltdown mode. There is a hilarious mod message that someone just got banned for “repeatedly wishing death upon others” hahahahah
LINK?!

Lol

Reaction Score
Loved how Hubert Davis kept it moving with the handshake, no fake love on his end let's move on from that era

Reaction Score
Oh, pretty sure CBS will not let him fade away, they’ll push him in our faces as often and as long as they can. Expect a ‘K Retrospective’ Monday night.
He’s gonna be the next Seth Greenberg and god help us all

Reaction Score
Kinda pissed he kept it classy there
Yet his players who employ his example walked right off.

Interesting

In K’s final moment as a coach, telling Howie Rowe or whomever how he feels, he sent his team into the locker room so this could be his last moment

Dude must have a bean-sized……. Whatever allegory you want

Reaction Score
Obviously we won’t. But nothing will be lost to the sport. In 3 weeks nobody will care.

And in a year from now, when John Freakin Sheyer, whom he hand-picked, is failing, he will be comfortably distant.

Let’s talk about it

Reaction Score
Great coach… even greater ego…. Couldn’t stand the whole Coach K retirement tour. Roy and Calhoun did it right…. Retire into the sunset with class. Don’t announce before the season and make the games about yourself instead of the players. Good riddance.

Reaction Score
Do you really think Scheyer will fail? They have 3 of the top 5 players in high school coming in for next season. You don’t have to be a great coach to tell 3 McDonald’s all Americans (2 7 footers) to lace ‘‘em up and go get some wins.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
departed-rat.gif

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Which is ironic considering Emeka sat for 16 minutes in the first half because of 2 awful fouls
And picked up his third immediately to start the second half. With Meka in the game, it was as bad as UConn v GA Tech two nights later

Uncompetitive

willie99

Reaction Score
Who will miss coach k?

NJ high school geeks
Herbert Davis
Jim Calhoun
Dook Vitale
ESPN
Dook's' Drama Faculty
K's colorist

willie99

Reaction Score
Have you seen their recruit rankings? Don't think they,'re begging on the portal to have a point guard.
I love it when our board hates our roster, good things happen

Not sure why everyone overlooks what we do have. It's pretty darn good

Reaction Score
Coach 40 years ar a school and you become legendary and get attention....

Have a great retirement Coach K...you were good for the sport.

And...how great it's been to have two schools eight miles apart build such a rivalry....fun to watch.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
The hate for K is ridiculous. Reminds me of drunk Sox fans at Fenway who have a hard on for the Yankees and start chanting "Yankees suck" even if they aren't playing the Yanks. K is a legend. My UConn fandom hasn't blinded me to that.

Reaction Score
Obviously we won’t. But nothing will be lost to the sport. In 3 weeks nobody will care.

And in a year from now, when John Freakin Sheyer, whom he hand-picked, is failing, he will be comfortably distant.

Let’s talk about it

You won’t miss him yet you’re going out of your way to start conversations about him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom