Goodbye to you....Coach K | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Goodbye to you....Coach K

Reaction Score
I’m not defending them or Duke, but they shouldn’t have to wait around for UNC players and coaches to stop celebrating just to shake their hand.

I’d walk off right the court after a loss like that too. But I do have to admit I am a bit of a sore loser haha
Sure they should stick around to shake hands. A program like that has been to enough big games to know how it plays out, that every player on the winning side celebrates, as they should, when the horn sounds. The attitude of walking off comes directly from the top. Or maybe they were just sick of hearing all about K all year when they are the ones busting their arses on the court and they were snubbing K. That makes more sense.

Patty is a warrior.

Reaction Score
Coach K was a good coach but his sanctimonious attitude always got to me. The way he tried to coach other team's players after games while not doing the same with Laetner and Grayson Allen and others for their dirty play always bothered me.

And now after his coaching career is over, he is suggesting that the NCAA look at the "whole thing". Nice to suggest that after exiting the game and after taking advantage of some of the loop holes.

Reaction Score
K looks noticeably unsteady and like he has trouble focusing. Has there been any discussion of health issues?
Wonder if NCAA is close to finishing the Maggettee investigation "Say it ain't so Corey".

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I can tell you the overwhelming majority of college basket ball fans in North Carolina are celebrating and are happy he's gone. They get a two for with this loss and his retirement. The national contempt for ESPN's (Dukie V) lavish praise on K is far exceeded by fans in this state.

Reaction Score
I Duke recruits at that level it would be impossible to not be relevant every year. Honestly would our highest ranked recruit have even been taken by them?
Maybe Andre Drummond way back when. Wasn't he one of our only 5 stars of recent memory? UCONN has been winning NCs without 5 stars.

Reaction Score
He will always be the definition of d. bag in my book. ‘99 was sweet. ‘04 semi was icing on the cake.

He can pose with all of his hardware. But I like to think JC and UConn owned him.

View attachment 75229
Remember Puke had a banner in Cameron that said "AP #1 Regular Season 1999" Ha!

Reaction Score
Patty Smyth was briefly considered to be the lead singer of Blue Oyster Cult as well.
This is incorrect. I checked again and found it was Patti Smith who was briefly considered to be part of the Blue Oyster Cult. She was involved with Allen Lanier who played keyboards and rhythm guitar in the band and did contribute some lyrics. Wrong singer.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I didn't watch the game but a buddy of mine said that all but one or two of the Duke players walked off the court without shaking hands! My goodness K that's not good ending for you.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Maybe Andre Drummond way back when. Wasn't he one of our only 5 stars of recent memory? UCONN has been winning NCs without 5 stars.
In the past decade we have had 2 5* recruits according to 247. Hamilton and Adams. We have 1 NC in that time span (2014).

In the same timespan Duke has brought in at least 19 5* recruits. Duke has 1 NC as well (2015).

Since 247 started tracking in early 2000s, we have only landed 10 5* guys ever.

Yes, UConn has done just as much with, "much less", over the past 3 decades.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Obviously we won’t. But nothing will be lost to the sport. In 3 weeks nobody will care.

And in a year from now, when John Freakin Sheyer, whom he hand-picked, is failing, he will be comfortably distant.

Let’s talk about it

Right now, he’s getting every recruit he wants, so he’s probably going to be okay.

Reaction Score
You won’t miss him yet you’re going out of your way to start conversations about him.
Hopefully the last

The topic is prudent

Do you have an actual point, son?

Reaction Score
Right now, he’s getting every recruit he wants, so he’s probably going to be okay.
You mean Sheyer?

Yeah anyone can recruit to Duke… at least for now. Kids went to play for K.

Reaction Score
The hate for K is ridiculous. Reminds me of drunk Sox fans at Fenway who have a hard on for the Yankees and start chanting "Yankees suck" even if they aren't playing the Yanks. K is a legend. My UConn fandom hasn't blinded me to that.
I kind of look at K as somewhat overrated. Given the consistent extremely high level of talent year in and year out, I would expect they would have won more NC's. Incredible overall record, and much respect for that.

Reaction Score
Yes daughter, you will miss Coach K.
Oh look a new member of the room temp IQ committee

No, I won’t. I can’t wait to never hear about him again. It’s the whole point of this thread. I can’t dumb it down for you any more than that.

Anything else son?

Reaction Score
“Yeah anyone can recruit to Duke… at least for now. Kids went to play for K.”

Aren’t you addressing our concerns about Hurley?

Reaction Score
“Yeah anyone can recruit to Duke… at least for now. Kids went to play for K.”

Aren’t you addressing our concerns about Hurley?
I have no idea what you’re talking about

There’s a quote/reply function here by the way lol

Reaction Score
I may not be the brightest bulb, but I know the difference between prudent and pertinent.

Reaction Score
No unless you are Dukenista.
I have tremendous satisfaction in knowing if it wasn’t for UCONN he would have won 7 championships instead of the 5. Put a dent in his legacy.
Also just found out a player of his from early championship team indicated K was overly focused on his stars will little to other players on the team. Perhaps to be expected, but knowing the person, he is never critical or anyone.
something to be said to his self absorb complex when you consider the shiv he applied to Tommy Amaker.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom