OT: - Golf - US Open 2019 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Golf - US Open 2019

Reaction Score
In case anyone is wondering, UConn's Eric Dietrich had a rough go in the Open. He shot +16 over two rounds and was well below the +2 cut line. Still a nice achievement to even make the field.

Reaction Score
Koepka is a lion
Taking nothing from Woodland - he led from start to finish
But Koepka is going to be a contender for years. Felt bad for Rose, he is such a class act.
I was hoping for a Kuchar victory - he has to be the best golfer never to win a major
A great weekend of golf - what quality shots
Saw stats on Kuch once
He excels in no skill categories Driving,Putting etc.
The only category he was near the top (50) was at was scoring. How he managed that is amazing.
So apparently he is a very mediocre golfer who is an extremely high achiever. Probably why has never won a major but made still managed to make a ton of money and seems to be well liked by his peers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t like how they made Pebble Beach easier this year. The 14th hole used to the toughest par 5 in the world, it played easy last weekend. I like watching these guys struggle, like Oakmont in 2016.

How did they make the 14th easier??

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
How did they make the 14th easier??

Yeah, confused by that take.

It is a par 5 which played over par for the week. Even on the toughest courses the players can usually score on par 5's unless weather becomes an overriding factor.

2019 PGA Hole Statistics - U.S. Open - ESPN

Reaction Score
I believe I heard one of the announcers say that Rose changed all his equipment this year. Maybe was a bad choice...
He switched to Honma (for irons). Everything was made to his specs. It seemed to me that he couldn’t flight them lower when he needed to.

Reaction Score
Yeah, confused by that take.

It is a par 5 which played over par for the week. Even on the toughest courses the players can usually score on par 5's unless weather becomes an overriding factor.

2019 PGA Hole Statistics - U.S. Open - ESPN

View attachment 43930

They made the green a little larger and lifted the right front. They also grew back the rough on the left side of the green. They had it shaved before and no one could chip it to a left pin without having it roll back to them.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
They made the green a little larger and lifted the right front. They also grew back the rough on the left side of the green. They had it shaved before and no one could chip it to a left pin without having it roll back to them.

Right but it was still a legit three shot par 5 and played over par for the week. No one was looking to pick up strokes on the field at 14. And it played the hardest of the three par 5's on the course.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Right but it was still a legit three shot par 5 and played over par for the week. No one was looking to pick up strokes on the field at 14. And it played the hardest of the three par 5's on the course.
I could be wrong, it just seemed like it played much much easier this year. I remember everyone having trouble with that hole in 2000 and 2010 and the announcers commenting that it was the most difficult par 5 in the world at the time.

Reaction Score
I don’t like how they made Pebble Beach easier this year. The 14th hole used to the toughest par 5 in the world, it played easy last weekend. I like watching these guys struggle, like Oakmont in 2016.

Pretty much the weather made the course easier. A place which is normally very windy and at times out of control was nothing close to it. Yeah it was still easy for some people but for the most part I saw lots of struggle. The first day was way too easy with hardly a breeze to found and unfortunately that set the tone. Too many people under par no doubt.

Reaction Score
Some of the best golf by players under enormous pressure I have ever watched. A very enjoyable weekend of watching championship golf!

Reaction Score
He cheated up no doubt but one guy calling him a phony doesn't change for the guy most everyone on the tour thinks is a great guy, funny guy and great family man.
You'll notice no pros came to his defense and tried to explain away his mistake.

Reaction Score
He cheated up no doubt but one guy calling him a phony doesn't change for the guy most everyone on the tour thinks is a great guy, funny guy and great family man.

I was surprised he escaped the run-in with Sergio Garcia without more criticism. We all know that Sergio is an unlikable nozzle, but Kuchar really took advantage of the rules there.

Reaction Score
It was one dick move. He admitted it. Paid the caddy an extra 45k. No other history here. No trend.
After doubling and tripling down on being a jagbag he finally owned up after being publicly shamed. Don't think the guy is very well-liked. The aw shucks permasmile thing tends to fool people.

Reaction Score
I was surprised he escaped the run-in with Sergio Garcia without more criticism. We all know that Sergio is an unlikable nozzle, but Kuchar really took advantage of the rules there.

They've had history and Sergio is/was a deserves some of what he gets I think we all know that. And they all take advantage of the rules whenever possible, they're spoiled no doubt.

Reaction Score
After doubling and tripling down on being a jagbag he finally owned up after being publicly shamed. Don't think the guy is very well-liked. The aw shucks permasmile thing tends to fool people.

He's obivously not well liked by you and one caddy. I will have to watch for others before I agree. LOL

Reaction Score
You'll notice no pros came to his defense and tried to explain away his mistake.

They shouldn't have was a bad move. Doesn't mean he's always a , think we've all made mistakes maybe not you but I have.

Reaction Score
I could be wrong, it just seemed like it played much much easier this year. I remember everyone having trouble with that hole in 2000 and 2010 and the announcers commenting that it was the most difficult par 5 in the world at the time.

2000 and 2010 were drought years here in Cali, the course was dry as heck and some of the greens super hard. Tiger was the only one that made it look easy.

Reaction Score
I have played Pebble 3 times, 2x's when there was no wind and I shot 82, 85. The 3rd time the wind was cranking and I stopped counting after the 11th hole. LOL

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom