Give the coach this loss | The Boneyard

Give the coach this loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do you trust this team to get a defensive rebound?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
I think the odds of MU getting the first FT and the put back were a whole lot higher than any player from MU hitting their first 3 of the game, not to mention a real deep one.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I think the odds of MU getting the first FT and the put back were a whole lot higher than any player from MU hitting their first 3 of the game, not to mention a real deep one.

That is an insane statement.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I agree with Ollie's decision. The way Marquette was going over the back and getting cheap-ass rebounds was at a high rate.

Not to mention that Cadougan is like a 20% 3 pt shooter. So technically the chances of him making a shot of that difficulty (25ft from the rim) is like 5-10%. I like the odds we gambled with.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
iff we were playing jj redick, i agree. playing a team that went 0-for, i say let that ride. the issue is acording to rule, the OT needs to be replayed with uconn up 2. we need to protest that and get back on the court in 20 minutes and finish the game

Reaction Score
I never foul there.....however I wish we did tonight. I may be changing my mind.

I was screaming for him to take last timeout to at least setup our D. Then you can think about it and coach whatever philosophy you want to implement.

Reaction Score

Plus you open up the possibility of losing in regulation. Ball goes o/b to Marquette, or they end up with a kickout pass off the rebound, and you could see that same 3 go in to win the game instead of tie it.

If you trust your team to get the defensive rebound, I'd foul. If you aren't sure, I'd take my chances with the D.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It's a freakin throw and a crappy shooter too..........nothing you can do.........

You foul in the first place and don't even give something like that a chance of happening.

We had this one but lost it by not making a basic fundamental play.

Reaction Score
Disagree....too may things can happen!! Again the shot you want them to take with a hand in the face and he buried a prayer.........move on

Reaction Score
?? you can ****ing foul him

Then it's two free throws from the foul line and that freakin' Devante guy doesn't miss.

Plus, I don't even think Ollie had a TO left.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the other issue is here that we just came down and made a shot and marq came right back, if ko wanted to foul it had to be pre-known becuase there wasn't any time to adjust for it otherwise in that sequence.

Reaction Score
Hey if you want to point fingers check out the 28 minutes from Omar........1-4 and 1 rebound, have to have more from him period..........1 rebound is not acceptable, stick your nose in!!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
the other issue is here that we just came down and made a shot and marq came right back, if ko wanted to foul it had to be pre-known becuase there wasn't any time to adjust for it otherwise in that sequence.

Between this game and Rooks eating mayonnaise, I want to die.

Reaction Score
Plus you open up the possibility of losing in regulation. Ball goes o/b to Marquette, or they end up with a kickout pass off the rebound, and you could see that same 3 go in to win the game instead of tie it.

If you trust your team to get the defensive rebound, I'd foul. If you aren't sure, I'd take my chances with the D.

I don't like the foul (in that situation) philosophy. We've seen it nearly backfire in the NCAA tourny. At UConn, we are used to tough man-to-man D. I always trust our D in these cases, and the worst case is OT. You foul, they make the 1st, miss the 2nd, and get the rebound, you could lose the game. And with the way this team boards, that is even more a possiblity.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This is why Warde Manuel handled Kevin's contract perfectly.

He saw Kevin coach the preseason, saw how the players performed on and off the court and then got the contract done before the grind of the conference season knocked the rats off the pro-Ollie ship.

Ollie has these kids playing their duck*ing eyeballs out. And if you don't like that last play, then you would have hated the guy who coached here before Kevin because he would have done the same thing. Marquette got very lucky - it happens.

Reaction Score
Then it's two free throws from the foul line and that freakin' Devante guy doesn't miss.

Plus, I don't even think Ollie had a TO left.

They did

Reaction Score
I don't like the foul (in that situation) philosophy. We've seen it nearly backfire in the NCAA tourny.

ok??have we ever seen it actually backfire for uconn or anyone? how many times have we seen letting a team shoot the 3 backfire? it cost washington a win against us in 2006 tourney

Reaction Score
and JC was always wrong about that as well. theyre not alone, tons of coaches it up

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
This is why Warde Manuel handled Kevin's contract perfectly.

He saw Kevin coach the preseason, saw how the players performed on and off the court and then got the contract done before the grind of the conference season knocked the rats off the pro-Ollie ship.

Ollie has these kids playing their duck*ing eyeballs out. And if you don't like that last play, then you would have hated the guy who coached here before Kevin because he would have done the same thing. Marquette got very lucky - it happens.

bull poop. if uconn fans can't handle another normal ass big east season with this one not counting for anything, then just hang it up and stop playing sports. we just went thru hell last season so no matter what happens here 99% of this fanbase will be good with things. argueing a foul or not at the end is a legit arguement either way but its not anything close to ppl jumping off the ko wagon. stop trying to stick up for warde. him! and if hes your buddy or something then shame on u!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom