Gilbert is a 4th year PG | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Gilbert is a 4th year PG

Reaction Score
He didn’t have an high IQ upperclassmen to study under. Please think about it.
Great point. The fact he never really had the chance to actually PLAY with one hurt too. But yes. The chain was broken. Smith-ollie/shef-Ricky-kea-taliek-Marcus-aj-Kemba-bazz-boat-gibbs*-adams-rique. Come to think of it. Adams got screwed too.

Reaction Score
This game epitomized two pre-season comments that were offered more than few times.

1) If Vital is our top scorer, then it means we're not very good.

2) If Gilbert doesn't play like the McDonald's AA we recruited, then it's going to be a long season.

Therefore, if tonight's game wasn't a fluke or doesn't get corrected, what's the point in getting as upset as many here are? This was predicted.

Then again, so far, only 1 of the 5 newcomers has played to capacity. Only 2 more of the 5 will be available, and they both start somewhat in the hole. It's early in the season

Fall recruiting has been successful in meeting identified needs with two well-regarded and well-targeted players who chose UConn over worthy P5 competition. The pending conference change has been increasingly mentioned as helpful in attracting prospective player interest.

Remember: Year two of a rebuild. Let it build.

Support the team. Be grateful for what is and accept what isn't, especially if you think it can't be changed. Otherwise you're doomed to being right & unhappy.
Hans despite his namesake has pulled many back from the ledge. ( Hans gruber falling from nakatomi tower gif)

Reaction Score
Article in the JI about his troubles. (For those that can't access the article I think you can click on "Open Link in Incognito Window".)

Gilbert’s recent history of injuries, and UConn’s recent history of lackluster results, is perhaps taking its toll.

“He’s been through so much since he’s been here, just with the injuries. Coming in with the reputation he came in with, when you go through what he’s gone through from a health standpoint, and you’re in your fourth year and it hasn’t happened for you, you end up carrying that,” Hurley said. “I think he carries it, as opposed to being joyful and excited just to be back out there.”

“Right now I think he’s carrying a little bit of the frustration for what the first couple years have been like for him here. But he’ll get himself going. We’ll get him right,” Hurley said.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Article in the JI about his troubles. (For those that can't access the article I think you can click on "Open Link in Incognito Window".)

Gilbert’s recent history of injuries, and UConn’s recent history of lackluster results, is perhaps taking its toll.

“He’s been through so much since he’s been here, just with the injuries. Coming in with the reputation he came in with, when you go through what he’s gone through from a health standpoint, and you’re in your fourth year and it hasn’t happened for you, you end up carrying that,” Hurley said. “I think he carries it, as opposed to being joyful and excited just to be back out there.”

“Right now I think he’s carrying a little bit of the frustration for what the first couple years have been like for him here. But he’ll get himself going. We’ll get him right,” Hurley said.

definitely feel for this kid. Lost four years basically.

Reaction Score
No because Somehow Restitution was
made by the players prior to the AAC tourney in 2018 . So everyone regained eligibility. If not all last years games would have been forfeited.
Adams and Larrier apparently cut Bennett a check or did community service.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I like Vital's drawing fouls and rebounding. But I disagree that there was no one to give it up to who was making shots. Akok was 4-5, Polley was 4-5, and Carlton was 3-6. There were people to give the ball up to who can shoot at a decent percentage. Admittedly the offense could be run a lot better to create more open passing lanes and shots.

Note that I specified in the first half.

Tyler was 0 of 1 in the first half. 2 of the 4 threes ha made in the 2nd half DID come of assists from Christian.
First half Josh was 3 of 6 from the floor, 3 of 6 from the line, and had 3 TOs. All of his made buckets were putbacks of offensive boards. The 0/3 shots off the natural flow of the offense and 3 TOs were a better indicator of how good an idea passing to him might have been than his tip-ins/put backs.
Akok on the other hand was a viable option. He did shoot 3 of 4 in the first half.

Reactions: pj

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I’m not interested in writing off Gilbert. He wasn’t good. There will be games where he is good and even great. He has talent and needs to learn how best to use it. He’s a good outside shooter and penetrates well but doesn’t finish well around the rim. A major part of his problem is that the offense is stagnant with minimal off the ball motion. He will find guys if they get open. Right now they aren’t.

Reaction Score
It seems like it is always would have, could have, should have, with the guy. Never seems to not disappoint.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Glad I rejected the Extortion "seat Donation" and ceased season ticket purchases for the 1st time in 37 years. I'll be buying them on Stubhub for $5. Hurley is an unmitigated disaster, and yes, I'm a Keep KO guy. I bleed Blue, like KO. Improvement???? NOT

Got me curious enough to see when this unfamiliar name began posting. Late August of this year. Also noted:

17 Posts
-1 Likes

What a great way for me to have learned an aspect of how the Dislike button functions.

This particular post reads like a presidential tweet, including odd capital letters.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
It seems like it is always would have, could have, should have, with the guy. Never seems to not disappoint.
Kinda like a when I get curious seeing Show Ignored Posts at the bottom of a screen and then get to read what you've written.

A triple negative no less. Maybe you don't disappoint, but instead are steady, solid, and concentrate on bad posts.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Glad I rejected the Extortion "seat Donation" and ceased season ticket purchases for the 1st time in 37 years. I'll be buying them on Stubhub for $5. Hurley is an unmitigated disaster, and yes, I'm a Keep KO guy. I bleed Blue, like KO. Improvement???? NOT

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

If KO were still here, UConn might've been relegated to the MAC. A greater job in killing a program I've never seen.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
For all the “he’s only a sophomore” talk.... we’d torch a soph for playing like he has the first 2 games.

You forgot the second part. He's only a sophomore...playing on a multi-time surgically repaired shoulder that sure as @#$% doesn't operate like it used to.

C

Chief00

Got me curious enough to see when this unfamiliar name began posting. Late August of this year. Also noted:

17 Posts
-1 Likes

What a great way for me to have learned an aspect of how the Dislike button functions.

This particular post reads like a presidential tweet, including odd capital letters.

What intellectual capability is needed to hit the Dislike button? In terms you can understand, even a Russian BOT could do it 13,000 times. Now you or one of the other volunteer moderators can delete this thread, just like you do every time you lose the debate - and lately that’s been often.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
What intellectual capability is needed to hit the Dislike button? In terms you can understand, even a Russian BOT could do it 13,000 times. Now you or one of the other volunteer moderators can delete this thread, just like you do every time you lose the debate - and lately that’s been often.

Huh?

I think I've used the Dislike button 2 times.

That's certainly fewer than the number of times I've written that I dislike the Dislike button and prefer to quote and criticize certain posts. That kind of demonstrates a preference for what you've termed "intellectual capacity."

The phrase, "In terms you can understand" compounds your misimpression of me by seeming to suggest in an insulting fashion that I lack the ability to behave as I actually do.

Sliding over to indisputable facts, I am not a moderator. I have therefore never deleted a thread. How could I?

That said, in consideration of the impossible suggestion that I behave in a way that I'm not authorized to do every time I lose a debate, and that this has been often lately, I can't recollect recent debates or losses. In sum, I'll just have to conclude that within this post you have mistaken me for somebody else. I'm not going to venture a guess as to who.

My post only intended to agree with those who wrote of their dislike rather than pressing the Dislike button, my surprise discovery that a Dislike apparently reduces a poster's Like count, and my observation that this poster's bloviating tone and improper use of capital letters reminded me of someone else whose short form communications mix similar elements.

Btw, just because I'm not going to guess who you might have thought I was doesn't mean I'm not curious. That was a pretty odd post.

Reaction Score
You forgot the second part. He's only a sophomore...playing on a multi-time surgically repaired shoulder that sure as @#$% doesn't operate like it used to.

I’m actually one of the AG believers. I just think that for all the “he’s only a sophomore” talk, maybe some need to just accept that he’s not the same MCD AA he was coming in

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I’m actually one of the AG believers. I just think that for all the “he’s only a sophomore” talk, maybe some need to just accept that he’s not the same MCD AA he was coming in

He's 100% not. That said, He'll play better than he's shown. As he goes, well go this year.

Reaction Score
Alteriques finger roll which he left short of the rim when we were down 3 or 4 and the crowd going off their rockers was maybe the worst shot (especially timing wise) in the history of UConn basketball. Let’s see you’ve made nothing all night when penetrating deep in the D and we need our “leader” and elderly statesman to make a smart decision, get the ball to a hot Polley or dish to Akok, even Vital if open. And he elected to go too far again, I was beyond pissed.

Reaction Score
That is a scary thought. I think he should be a role player, at most.

Good news is you aren’t coaching. He’s better than his first 2 games no doubt and intz is correct we need him to bet a lot better soon.

Reaction Score
Dude, you ok? I’m starting to worry about you...

Reaction Score
1573959602296.png

Reaction Score
Alteriques finger roll which he left short of the rim when we were down 3 or 4 and the crowd going off their rockers was maybe the worst shot (especially timing wise) in the history of UConn basketball. Let’s see you’ve made nothing all night when penetrating deep in the D and we need our “leader” and elderly statesman to make a smart decision, get the ball to a hot Polley or dish to Akok, even Vital if open. And he elected to go too far again, I was beyond pissed.
Lol, elderly statesman

Reaction Score
Good news is you aren’t coaching. He’s better than his first 2 games no doubt and intz is correct we need him to bet a lot better soon.
I don't know if he is better or not. By my eyes, I haven't seen a difference from when he started at UConn. We'll see, no doubt.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom