Gilbert is a 4th year PG | The Boneyard

Gilbert is a 4th year PG

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
And he didn’t lead the team tonight. Bad shots, bad turnovers, didn’t make the team better. Terrible at the end of the game.

The missed shots can be forgiven (although he missed some wide open looks and took some really bad shots too), but the mental mistakes on offense and total lack of defense was bad. This was probably his worst game at UConn. He's looked really rusty to start the season.

Reaction Score
His style doesn’t seem conducive to running a team . Vital isn’t gonna help much. We may actually be as bad or a worse team than last year before we start trending up

Reaction Score
I understand it's the second game of the year and all that...

But since 2014 I have literally been looking forward to every game weeks in advance, and what happened tonight is basically a repeat of the previously 5 years, I'm just disappointed.

Dan Hurley is the man and I think he's gonna rip them a new one, dude can recruit and I believe in him wholeheartedly.

I'm just in my feels right now don't mind me

Reaction Score
And he didn’t lead the team tonight. Bad shots, bad turnovers, didn’t make the team better. Terrible at the end of the game.
And defense!!! Just embarrassed himself on the court today. No way in hell should DH continue to allow that type of garbage from him. We would've been no worse off with letting Gaffney get those minutes.

pj

Reaction Score
Hurley's got to be rooting for Gaffney and Bouknight to get on the court. Alterique 2 assists 5 turnovers 14 missed shots. Vital 2 assists 16 missed shots. If you can't make a shot at least pass once in a while.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Hurley's got to be rooting for Gaffney and Bouknight to get on the court. Alterique 2 assists 5 turnovers 13 missed shots. Vital 2 assists 16 missed shots. If you can't shoot at least pass once in a while.
The misses were point blank lay ups

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Was hoping the sacred heart game was a fluke for him... but nope... he looks really bad

Reaction Score
It’s unfortunate. He straight up can’t run an offense. I’m waiting, but I still haven’t seen him have a great game by the eye test. This was an AWFUL game for him. Even during the run, he was invisible

Edit: and of course he not only ended the run, but took it out to sea and murdered in Big Puss Tony Soprano style

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That was one of the worst performances by a Uconn guard I have ever witnessed. AG was sloppy, careless, and selfish tonight. Unless his level of play improves dramatically we are in big trouble this year

Reaction Score
I understand it's the second game of the year and all that...

But since 2014 I have literally been looking forward to every game weeks in advance, and what happened tonight is basically a repeat of the previously 5 years, I'm just disappointed.

Dan Hurley is the man and I think he's gonna rip them a new one, dude can recruit and I believe in him wholeheartedly.

I'm just in my feels right now don't mind me
I hope he isn’t just good at ripping new ones and getting 4stsr guys. Some tactics may help. He said he can’t see screaming to start the ad a good thing ... but JC and a whole bunch of others could care less time to coach and stop being a “friend or mentor “. Bring on Larry brown as asst. FYI. This was as bad as the second home game and straight loss in Ollie’s last year where we lost Larrier. Change the game plan. Make it easier. Trim the fat. Play fast but don’t rush. A line up of Carlton Akok Ferguson Jackson/bk and coles is intriguing next year. But f next year. We’ve been saying that for 5.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
When is the line drawn of giving AG the benefit of the doubt..

Benefit of the doubt? What's that have to do with it? He's not good right now. He might never be. But it's largely because of injuries that set him back for years. I'm certainly not waiting for him to come through

Reaction Score
I'm more disappointed in Carlton's play than AG's. He took a few backward steps tonight.

Reaction Score
It’s unfortunate. He straight up can’t run an offense. I’m waiting, but I still haven’t seen him have a great game by the eye test. This was an AWFUL game for him. Even during the run, he was invisible
After ranting I realize where else does the offense come from if Carlton isn’t active? Vital is a given and Akok has so much to bring but.... he like cv need to do a bit more. You’re looking at a very very good backcourt with almost any top 40 front 3.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom