Gilbert, Carlton, Polley, Wilson, BAdams | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Gilbert, Carlton, Polley, Wilson, BAdams

Reaction Score
I'd love to see Diarra stay until he graduates.. He's a great locker room guy, and would be beneficial in getting his brother to play here.

Academically, shouldn't he be on pace to graduate next year? He came in with Vital.

Reaction Score
I can't wait to see your future posts about James Bouknight.
It is difficult to recover from orthopedic injuries to get back to 100%. Anyone with a preexisting injury is likely to not be 100% and more likely to re-injure such. It is just the way it is. You attack me about this, but you cannot seem to accept it. Yes, I may overreact at times, like my AG comment, but over time it proved to be correct.

Reaction Score
I'd love to see Diarra stay until he graduates.. He's a great locker room guy, and would be beneficial in getting his brother to play here.
A great locker room guy? What is that? UConn needs some basketball players with muscle and talent.

Reaction Score
You realize Alterique got injured after he committed to UConn, right?

Also, do you tell Bouknight not to come?

How is Durham doing at Notre Dame by the way?
I think I would rather have fit players than lame ducks. That's all I'm saying. I would not tell anyone who committed not to come, but I would really evaluate the extent of their injuries before offering. UConn has had many riding the pines with injuries and contributing nothing.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think I would rather have fit players than lame ducks. That's all I'm saying. I would not tell anyone who committed not to come, but I would really evaluate the extent of their injuries before offering. UConn has had many riding the pines with injuries and contributing nothing.

He was offered, committed, and then hurt his shoulder at the end of the year. Can't exactly bail on your best recruit at that juncture. Nor would you want to.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
It is difficult to recover from orthopedic injuries to get back to 100%. Anyone with a preexisting injury is likely to not be 100% and more likely to re-injure such. It is just the way it is. You attack me about this, but you cannot seem to accept it. Yes, I may overreact at times, like my AG comment, but over time it proved to be correct.

Dan Hurley clearly didn’t get your message when he recruited Bouknight.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I kinda hope Hurley is recruiting hard if we plan to have more than 2 spots open. Achiuwa seems to be the only player we're seriously recruiting right now.

Reaction Score
I don’t doubt you medical expertise but would like a second opinion @doctorhoop

Reaction Score
I kinda hope Hurley is recruiting hard if we plan to have more than 2 spots open. Achiuwa seems to be the only player we're seriously recruiting right now.
I'd think they are and we just don't know about it. There are probably some plan B & plan C kids that they're talking to. Hopefully they're looking into reclasses and hit the market hard when coaches get let go and transfers are announced.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
In regards to Diarra, he's going nowhere. He is really good friends with Akok and that probably factored into his decision. Akok is known as a quiet, reserved kid who probably felt most comfortable coming here knowing Diarra. Doesn't necessarily mean Diarra is going to all of a sudden get healthy and be able to contribute, but he will defintely be on the roster next year.

Reaction Score
I'd think they are and we just don't know about it. There are probably some plan B & plan C kids that they're talking to. Hopefully they're looking into reclasses and hit the market hard when coaches get let go and transfers are announced.
Don't want more plan B and C kids. We'll definitely keep one scholarship for a grad transfer/coaching change release of a kid. I've already kind of nexted Mitchell, seems staff just isn't that interested for this upcoming year.

Reaction Score
In regards to Diarra, he's going nowhere. He is really good friends with Akok and that probably factored into his decision. Akok is known as a quiet, reserved kid who probably felt most comfortable coming here knowing Diarra. Doesn't necessarily mean Diarra is going to all of a sudden get healthy and be able to contribute, but he will defintely be on the roster next year.
I think they might mutually agree it's time to move on.

Reaction Score
You realize Alterique got injured after he committed to UConn, right?

Also, do you tell Bouknight not to come?

How is Durham doing at Notre Dame by the way?

for what it's worth bouknight just posted a snapchat of him on crutches...

Reaction Score
The facts speak for themselves. Second, third, fourth opinions matter not in this case.

Reaction Score

Grad transfers, reclass, and decommits. Coaches have also checked out some jucos

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's the nature of college athletics that some kids will be recruited in, and recruited over if they don't find a way to contribute. Same in football. Many of those kids will choose to go somewhere where they will see the court. Guys like Josh and Polley have carved out starting roles. Other guys from the same class have struggled to earn time. New people are coming in, including a highly rated new PF. It's just the way things work.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Don't want more plan B and C kids. We'll definitely keep one scholarship for a grad transfer/coaching change release of a kid. I've already kind of nexted Mitchell, seems staff just isn't that interested for this upcoming year.

I'm all on board stuffing any schollies with grad transfers. Plug the hole until you get back on track.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I ... think I’ll stay out of this one :D

Let’s just say, it depends...

Reaction Score
Last year Whaley showed some flashes with his length and defensive effort. For whatever reason, he hasn't been able to break through this year. Other than a cameo appearance, I wouldn't expect that he would substantially contribute in the remaining few weeks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom