Gilbert, Carlton, Polley, Wilson, BAdams | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gilbert, Carlton, Polley, Wilson, BAdams

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Thanks for saving me the trouble of doing the SHOW IGNORED CONTENT thing.

PS - When I think of my dear friend who turned 90 last month, a true wonder dog from 40+ years ago, and even Ry Cooder's album about a cat, it's hard not to feel sad about this guy's besmirching of a great name.

No, I'm predicting that @buddy's complaints about players with injury histories will not subside anytime soon.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It is said about Mamadou. The previous regime seemed to have a penchant for recruiting players with preexisting injuries and that needs to stop.

You realize Alterique got injured after he committed to UConn, right?

Also, do you tell Bouknight not to come?

How is Durham doing at Notre Dame by the way?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
For reason we aren't allowed to talk about on this site.

I guess so. Feel like he could have had the meeting with the 5 kids. The team would have known and the point would have been made.

Not the end of the world and it's obviously D1 hoops, just feel like those guys have been solid teammates and didn't deserve it.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I guess so. Feel like he could have had the meeting with the 5 kids. The team would have known and the point would have been made.

Not the end of the world and it's obviously D1 hoops, just feel like those guys have been solid teammates and didn't deserve it

It's a business... I mean a place for higher learning that does sports.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I mean Vital didn't get an invite either, but assuming he had a super secret meeting with hurley

Reaction Score
What does it mean for Vital? Is he going pro? Or just to old to be in the conversation?
Guessing it's the latter. All of these guys have the option to be here 2+ more seasons.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
What does it mean for Vital? Is he going pro? Or just to old to be in the conversation?
It’s about not letting the stink of the last 3 years to get stuck on your clothes. A stink CV is very familiar with.

Reaction Score
I know it's not little league, but why would Hurley want this to go public?

I agree with this. I don't think he really is the type to rely on passive-aggressive leaks to the media to get players to transfer. I bet that he will have an honest conversation with them at the end of the season and tell them that there will not be playing time in their future.

Reaction Score
Yeah. This makes me sad.

Im a Whaley fan. I get the offense isn’t there. But man he is absolutely the best defender on the team. His development will be something I’ll be watching for sure.
I wouldn't call him the best defender on the team when he got consistently abused by stronger players last year. He is athletic but doesn't have the weight to play center or offensive skills to play PF. He is a tweener and thus a reason for not having a place on the team.

Reaction Score
You realize Alterique got injured after he committed to UConn, right?

Also, do you tell Bouknight not to come?

How is Durham doing at Notre Dame by the way?
He had the injury with the shoulder in his Sophomore year in high school too so it wasn't like he was coming in with a clean injury history.

Reaction Score
I agree with this. I don't think he really is the type to rely on passive-aggressive leaks to the media to get players to transfer. I bet that he will have an honest conversation with them at the end of the season and tell them that there will not be playing time in their future.
They already know the deal.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I wonder how many people like myself, read this far into the thread before clicking on the Borges article. It's worth the full read, not because itvs shockingly different from the excerpts, but because it offers a clearer perspective and calmer tone...if you're into that sort of thing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom