Gilbert, Carlton, Polley, Wilson, BAdams | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Gilbert, Carlton, Polley, Wilson, BAdams

Reaction Score
genuinely curious, i mean i understand the general gist and how it could get out of hand.. but why specifically can we not speculate about what we can’t speculate about?? i hope this isn’t illegal...

C

Chief00

genuinely curious, i mean i understand the general gist and how it could get out of hand.. but why specifically can we not speculate about what we can’t speculate about?? i hope this isn’t illegal...

Let’s just say, Hurley is a pretty direct guy. You know or should know where you stand with him.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Believe it or not, it's an etiquette standard on the Boneyard.

Maybe it's even explicit policy, but either way, self-restraint & occasional moderator intervention keep compliance pretty high. After official announcements or player self-reporting, things go wide open.

Reaction Score
At their respective positions, there are just as many limitations for B. Adams as Whaley. Neither bring enough strengths to outweigh their limitations at the aspired level of play Hurley is striving for. Not sure what Hurley's plan is with B. Adams but some could argue Whaley could help this team more both short and long term than Brendan.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Love mamadou. God his knees must be so bad if he can’t even get in for a few mins. We absolutely cannot catch a break anywhere(injuries, transfers , Ollie etc...) All I kno is the rest of this league is so beatable and they re so lucky we haven’t put the pieces together yet cuz when we do we ll be running a train on this conference.

The problem with his injury is that it is chronic. It's something that will probably have to be managed the rest of his career. And unfortunately, the only prescription and remedy is rest. Which is the exact opposite of what he and the team need from a development standpoint.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I'm guessing it has to do with the legitimate possibility that players read this board or are aware of some things said around here. It's just out of respect for them. Also the fact that most of us are just speculating when it comes to tra__s. Although there are a handful here that are informed on the situation.
The Yard isn't our private domicile. It's a public board and the number 1 fan site for UConn basketball.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I agree that Whaley doesn't seem to be in the plans, and is certainly not in the rotation. But I like the kid, think he's got a bit more potential than people are giving him credit for, has great timing blocking shots, length, and good hands. His biggest problems are lack of court awareness, which can improve with playing time, and lack of strength, which is endemic right now, so he's not alone in that.

I'd like to see him get 5-7 minutes a half, to at least see if something can come of it, particularly when Carlton is in foul trouble or Cobb isn't the Cobb of the last game (as they sometimes are).

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I agree with this. I don't think he really is the type to rely on passive-aggressive leaks to the media to get players to transfer. I bet that he will have an honest conversation with them at the end of the season and tell them that there will not be playing time in their future.

Or he's already had the conversation. Who knows?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'm guessing it has to do with the legitimate possibility that players read this board or are aware of some things said around here. It's just out of respect for them. Also the fact that most of us are just speculating when it comes to tra__s. Although there are a handful here that are informed on the situation.
The Yard isn't our private domicile. It's a public board and the number 1 fan site for UConn basketball.

Players parents and high school confidants have and do read the board. They've even been posters in the past. No idea if any are now. It's insulting to them to rip on their kids like that. Who're we to tell a kid he should gtf out? Last thing you want to be doing is attempting to drum up negativity around the team and 'force' their kid out.

It's a really bad look as a fanbase. Sows negativity. Do you really want to put that kind of stuff out on the recruiting trail?

Besides, what if the kid makes a leap? What if he's enjoying his time here, even if he's not a star, or not good enough to get minutes?

Also, it's kinda wrong rooting against your own guys anyway.

Last edited:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
The problem with Diarra is that he is positionless in Hurley’s offense. His offense is all based on spacing, it requires the 4 man to operate on the perimeter, even handle the ball on occasion. On top of that Diarra’s health is a huge question mark.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Players parents and high school confidants have and do read the board. They've even been posters in the past. No idea if any are now. It's insulting to them to rip on their kids like that. Who're we to tell a kid he should gtf out? Last thing you want to be doing is attempting to drum up negativity around the team and 'force' their kid out.

It's a really bad look as a fanbase. Sows negativity. Do you really want to put that kind of stuff out on the recruiting trail?

Besides, what if the kid makes a leap? What if he's enjoying his time here, even if he's not a star, or not good enough to get minutes?

Also, it's kinda wrong rooting against your own guys anyway.
It'd be nice if these principles would apply more to other discussions about the players. We have people who are knowledgeable enough about basketball and clearly intelligent enough to shape their comments with a greater sense of decorum but would seem to chose against doing so.

Reaction Score
You realize Alterique got injured after he committed to UConn, right?

Also, do you tell Bouknight not to come?

How is Durham doing at Notre Dame by the way?
Also Yakwe came with an injury history. Sometimes you just have to roll the dice

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Nothing about our leader and savior Christian Vital??
Like your comment. Hopefully he feels and so does Vital,he is solid and knows the deal. Also CV is a senior next year.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Sounds just like something Calhoun or Belichick would say

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
At their respective positions, there are just as many limitations for B. Adams as Whaley. Neither bring enough strengths to outweigh their limitations at the aspired level of play Hurley is striving for. Not sure what Hurley's plan is with B. Adams but some could argue Whaley could help this team more both short and long term than Brendan.
No BA defends his position way better

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom