Geno Auriemma on Pardon My Take | The Boneyard

Geno Auriemma on Pardon My Take

Reaction Score
Any time somebody posts something that is clearly a woman's board post, I get the same feeling as when my wife tries, unsuccessfully, to get me to watch her chick-vampire shows.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
This is a stupid take. Why don't you listen to PFT first?
A men’s hoops snob. Not to mention that the men have been hard to watch for a few years now.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
A men’s hoops snob. Not to mention that the men have been hard to watch for a few years now.

It's more than likely a stuff old guy who doesn't know how to work the podcast app on his phone, because if we are being honest Geno would certainly be more fun on PFT than KO.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
The worst part of the boneyard-when someone complains about an off subject thread. If you don't want to hear about Geno Auriemma, don't click on a thread about Geno Auriemma.

Some of us like to hear about other interesting stories from other uconn sports without having to wade through the women's bball or football board.

Reaction Score
The worst part of the boneyard-when someone complains about an off subject thread.
Okay, first, that is plainly not the worst part of the BY. You've been here 2.5 years, there are way worse aspects to the BY - don't be so hysterical.
Second, I made exactly zero comment about whether it was good or bad that somebody posted women's board material on this board. It was, also, plainly not a complaint. It was merely meant as a (humorous) observation that it always feels like somebody is trying to get me to like something I don't like.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I strongly dislike women's basketball, but agree with others that Geno on PMT would be a good interview (and way better than KO).

If it wasn't posted here, I wouldn't have known.

So for that, I thank you.

Reaction Score
Okay, first, that is plainly not the worst part of the BY. You've been here 2.5 years, there are way worse aspects to the BY - don't be so hysterical.
Second, I made exactly zero comment about whether it was good or bad that somebody posted women's board material on this board. It was, also, plainly not a complaint. It was merely meant as a (humorous) observation that it always feels like somebody is trying to get me to like something I don't like.

I think the reaction is because it's plainly not women's board material.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

This is an even worse take than your first one.

Reaction Score

Ok cohenzone all good until we compare "hard to watch" in the mens game to the womens game. Then I will step in an say at least they are hard to watch a lot and sometimes even fun to watch. Womens games are unwatchable 85% of the time so let's not go there, it's ridiculous. And even the one's which are called competitive aren't all that except form the women's game perspective. So stay with "A mens hoops snob" then stop there, you are lost after that.;)

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Ok cohenzone all good until we compare "hard to watch" in the mens game to the womens game. Then I will step in an say at least they are hard to watch a lot and sometimes even fun to watch. Womens games are unwatchable 85% of the time so let's not go there, it's ridiculous. And even the one's which are called competitive aren't all that except form the women's game perspective. So stay with "A mens hoops snob" then stop there, you are lost after that.;)
Snob. Must be a Yankee fan. Oops.

ETA, unwatchable applies to the way our guys have played. The women’s games might be lopsided, but that’s because our team isn’t hard to watch. I wonder how snobs like you awful guys would react if the guys were crushing everyone. Dancing in the street.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
There was a great article today about how HCRE 2.0 uses twitter to post positive messages.

I'd hate to think the folks on the women's board might miss it.

Some of us are multi-tasking UConn fans. Drives Mrs. Zone nuts. Any word on how the chess team is doing?

Reaction Score
Snob. Must be a Yankee fan. Oops.

ETA, unwatchable applies to the way our guys have played. The women’s games might be lopsided, but that’s because our team isn’t hard to watch. I wonder how snobs like you awful guys would react if the guys were crushing everyone. Dancing in the street.

Oh geez of course they're not hard to watch. It's like the men playing against you, me, Deepster, swami and Dove for crying out loud. Their offense would be as crisp as hell. No dancing here, doesn't happen in the mens game way too much parity for 100-29 W's once a week. No comparison, women are really good but it's hard to watch. And even gets harder when is is say a SC squad where both struggle to get into sets. Just reality but hey by all means stay in your little "wow they are so ahead of the other teams with their fundamentals" world I'm sure it's a blastmy friend. By the way I am just having fun with you, I know you know that. Kind of:oops:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom