Geno Auriemma on Pardon My Take | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Geno Auriemma on Pardon My Take

Reaction Score
They don't get it. They will never get it because they don't want to get it.

Two things turn a "great" into a "former great". One is time and the other is irrelevance. A champion remains "great" in the eyes of the public for a long time if he/she/they remain relevant. Falling off a cliff and disappearing speeds up the process. Staying in the top 25 keeps a championship in the minds of the public for a long time. That is what usually happens. This program fell off a cliff and needs to reverse that ASAP.

Some day I want to GET IT like you. Oh geez, maybe I don't?

I get how UConn has fallen off in the general overall fans perception (only because they were so damn good and consistent) it's the ones who think they still give a crap but say the same day in day out after a couple exhibitions that make me laugh.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Fair enough. I understand what you are saying. Try to understand that we have a lot of passionate fans that are frustrated and concerned.

Anyone who is any kind of UCONN BB fan is frustrated and concerned. Voicing it every two seconds accomplishes nothing. Especially when it's the same repetitive rant. I think EVERYbody gets it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Could not disagree more. He may be most important thing but it is testament to what he built that he's not the only thing.
Unfortunately, you're wrong.

Reaction Score
The podcast is ok. Geno is a national treasure.

Men's BB relevance. Was any player in the current roster on a top 15 ranked team? On a team that has been to a S16?
The trend is down.

Reaction Score
Because it is a man who happens to coach women, appearing on a podcast that is so 'man-centric' that their ESPN TV show was cancelled after 1 airing due to how female ESPN employees felt about the Barstool presence on the network...

So its a man, appearing on what could only be considered a "mens" podcast. Do you guys all hate Geno? I don't sit around watching the women's games, but if I saw Geno was going to be a guest on just about any talk show I would tune in.
This x1000.

The majority of the podcast was about things other than women’s basketball, and was well worth the listen. But it’s not really worth trying to convince some of this board’s posters - they can feel free to ignore a funny, interesting interview as they please.

Reaction Score
The podcast is ok. Geno is a national treasure.

Men's BB relevance. Was any player in the current roster on a top 15 ranked team? On a team that has been to a S16?
The trend is down.

Now it needs to go to the women board.:rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom