Geno Auriemma on Pardon My Take | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Geno Auriemma on Pardon My Take

Reaction Score
And yet, it's in the news links.

Why isn't it women's board material?

Because it is a man who happens to coach women, appearing on a podcast that is so 'man-centric' that their ESPN TV show was cancelled after 1 airing due to how female ESPN employees felt about the Barstool presence on the network...

So its a man, appearing on what could only be considered a "mens" podcast. Do you guys all hate Geno? I don't sit around watching the women's games, but if I saw Geno was going to be a guest on just about any talk show I would tune in.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Wrong, not me must have been someone else.

As for the 4 titles maintaining cache like Indiana for reference? IU never had to deal with the short end of the conference realignment stick in a rapidly changing environment in how these products are distributed. I feel like it's cliche saying "conference realignment" at this point and I feel like a broken record sometimes but the fact that people still don't realize the obvious is very concerning

Also, IU is right in the heart of basketball middle America. With a looooooooooong history of tradition. Moreso (arguably) than any other school not named Kentucky imo. Plus, they got 'Hoosiers'. I guess we got Jesus tho.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I just did he asked Kyrie about the earth being flat...the audio is terrible in some places.

Might have been one of the best Pro Sports troll jobs ever.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Might have been one of the best Pro Sports troll jobs ever.

Na Kyrie believes that, he says some ridiculous things on the podcast. Full scale conspiracy theorist

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Because it is a man who happens to coach women, appearing on a podcast that is so 'man-centric' that their ESPN TV show was cancelled after 1 airing due to how female ESPN employees felt about the Barstool presence on the network...

So its a man, appearing on what could only be considered a "mens" podcast. Do you guys all hate Geno? I don't sit around watching the women's games, but if I saw Geno was going to be a guest on just about any talk show I would tune in.
Hate Geno? Never happen.

IMG_0148.GIF

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Na Kyrie believes that, he says some ridiculous things on the podcast. Full scale conspiracy theorist

I read one time that he said he was trolling. Dunno where tho

Reaction Score
Could not agree more! I mean that was, what, three and half years ago! Who remembers anything that ancient?

By the way how is your treatment going Tom?

And in that 3 years, UConn has won one tournament game and missed the tournament the other 2 seasons. Do you consider that relevant? To me, that puts UConn on a par with lots of teams we used to throttle. Yes, UConn won a title in 2014, but since then how often do they appear in the Top 25? Almost never. You can spin in however you like, but lately we aren't even in the hunt. If lots of guys come up huge this year, they could become relevant again, but that's asking an awful lot with So many new pieces.

Some must see much higher ceilings on guys like Larrier and Gilbert than I do. I see Jalen as an elite talent and those guys as minor stars. I hope I am wrong.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And in that 3 years, UConn has won one tournament game and missed the tournament the other 2 seasons. Do you consider that relevant? To me, that puts UConn on a par with lots of teams we used to throttle. Yes, UConn won a title in 2014, but since then how often do they appear in the Top 25? Almost never. You can spin in however you like, but lately we aren't even in the hunt. If lots of guys come up huge this year, they could become relevant again, but that's asking an awful lot with So many new pieces.

Some must see much higher ceilings on guys like Larrier and Gilbert than I do. I see Jalen as an elite talent and those guys as minor stars. I hope I am wrong.
Have you read the comments of our incoming kids? They remember our natties as does anyone who is being genuine.

But your right, before the 2014 national championship you have to go all the way back to .... 2011. I can't imagine anyone could remember all the way back to 6 years ago. :rolleyes:

But really go on and tell how it is more important to ranked in the top 25 than to win national championships. That must be why I see sooo many people walking around wearing "Ranked #23" college tee shirts.

Seriously,

#Trollbetter

Reaction Score
Have you read the comments of our incoming kids? They remember our natties as does anyone who is being genuine.

But your right, before the 2014 national championship you have to go all the way back to .... 2011. I can't imagine anyone could remember all the way back to 6 years ago. :rolleyes:

But really go on and tell how it is more important to ranked in the top 25 than to win national championships. That must be why I see sooo many people walking around wearing "Ranked #23" college tee shirts.

Seriously,

#Trollbetter

My point is that being relevant (ranked a portion of the time at least) is a prerequisite to being in the hunt for the National Championship. The last 3 years have been tough for a variety of reasons. But anyone who is being honest has to admit that UConn wasn't relevant on the national landscape over those 3 years.

This year's group of kids is very likeable and I think they have great potential. I hope that they can work to bring UConn back to being relevant and actually being in the hunt for the national championships that you speak of.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My point is that being relevant (ranked a portion of the time at least) is a prerequisite to being in the hunt for the National Championship. The last 3 years have been tough for a variety of reasons. But anyone who is being honest has to admit that UConn wasn't relevant on the national landscape over those 3 years.

This year's group of kids is very likeable and I think they have great potential. I hope that they can work to bring UConn back to being relevant and actually being in the hunt for the national championships that you speak of.
The last three years have been tough. I doubt that outweighs looking up and seeing this:

Men_s_Banner.0.jpg

intlzncster

Reaction Score
. Do you consider that relevant? To me, that puts UConn on a par with lots of teams we used to throttle. Yes, UConn won a title in 2014, but since then how often do they appear in the Top 25? Almost never.

I'm not saying UCONN is where it needs to be, by a long shot, but this statement irks me. You can't gloss over that. That's not a 'yeah but' situation. There's only three other teams out of 300+ in the conversations since then. Three.

Reaction Score
Please move this to the Lady Huskies board.

Pretty clear you don't know what the show is, which means it might be time to move you to the Lady Huskies board.

I don't love or hate Geno, but I like this part about him. The vast majority of football and basketball coaches (football more so than basketball) are insufferably humorless and think that they have the most important job int the world. Geno is a refreshing departure from that.

You have to love this board, though, where somehow this thread has turned into another debate about the merits of the men's basketball program. In an alternative universe, I can only imagine KO logging onto the yard, clicking to read about Geno on PMT, and then immediately logging off after reading the first few replies somehow find a way to bash him for something he wasn't even involved with.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Pretty clear you don't know what the show is, which means it might be time to move you to the Lady Huskies board.
Deep was taking a potshot at the women's board with his comment. Geno swearing and acting like a, you know, regular human being doesn't bother the women's board but having someone call the team the "Lady Huskies" is sure to set off the fireworks.

Reaction Score
Deep was taking a potshot at the women's board with his comment. Geno swearing and acting like a, you know, regular human being doesn't bother the women's board but having someone call the team the "Lady Huskies" is sure to set off the fireworks.

Your post reminds me of this clip.

Reaction Score
I'm not saying UCONN is where it needs to be, by a long shot, but this statement irks me. You can't gloss over that. That's not a 'yeah but' situation. There's only three other teams out of 300+ in the conversations since then. Three.

And how has the collective body of work been over the past 3 seasons? The program has had its worst 3 year stretch since the Perno era. Sorry, but 5th and 6th place finishes in the AAC year after year just don't cut it if you want to stay relevant.

Reaction Score
And how has the collective body of work been over the past 3 seasons? The program has had its worst 3 year stretch since the Perno era. Sorry, but 5th and 6th place finishes in the AAC year after year just don't cut it if you want to stay relevant.

It’s nice to just copy and paste your own replies I’m sure.

Reaction Score
They don't get it. They will never get it because they don't want to get it.

Two things turn a "great" into a "former great". One is time and the other is irrelevance. A champion remains "great" in the eyes of the public for a long time if he/she/they remain relevant. Falling off a cliff and disappearing speeds up the process. Staying in the top 25 keeps a championship in the minds of the public for a long time. That is what usually happens. This program fell off a cliff and needs to reverse that ASAP.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I get it. I just don't need it exaggerated or thrown in my face on every thread regardless of topic.

Reaction Score
Rebecca is in the Hall of Fame
She also won an olympic gold medal and has a distinguished broadcasting career that she managed while also being a mother. And she was valedictorian of her high school so she is a smart woman as well. I won't contrast that to poor Tyler as that would be mean and unnecessary. I wish him well.

Reaction Score
I get it. I just don't need it exaggerated or thrown in my face on every thread regardless of topic.
Fair enough. I understand what you are saying. Try to understand that we have a lot of passionate fans that are frustrated and concerned.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom