Geno Auriemma on Pardon My Take | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno Auriemma on Pardon My Take

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Oh geez of course they're not hard to watch. It's like the men playing against you, me, Deepster, swami and Dove for crying out loud. Their offense would be as crisp as hell. No dancing here, doesn't happen in the mens game way too much parity for 100-29 W's once a week. No comparison, women are really good but it's hard to watch. And even gets harder when is is say a SC squad where both struggle to get into sets. Just reality but hey by all means stay in your little "wow they are so ahead of the other teams with their fundamentals" world I'm sure it's a blastmy friend. By the way I am just having fun with you, I know you know that. Kind of:oops:

I was having more fun with you. But the men have been unwatchable too often. And I’ve been watching them since Naismith hung his first peach basket, so I’m an expert on such things. BTW, I’m betting you could get off as many treys as you want against our D, more than you would against Gabby Williams. ;-)

Reaction Score
I was having more fun with you. But the men have been unwatchable too often. And I’ve been watching them since Naismith hung his first peach basket, so I’m an expert on such things. BTW, I’m betting you could get off as many treys as you want against our D, more than you would against Gabby Williams. ;-)

You're so lost but I respect you I will stop.:cool:

Reaction Score
I think the reaction is because it's plainly not women's board material.
I'm so confused.
Kotter_Barbarino_Gold_Lame_Dance_02-500x337.jpg
kotter_barbarino_gold_lame_dance_02

Reaction Score
Any time somebody posts something that is clearly a woman's board post, I get the same feeling as when my wife tries, unsuccessfully, to get me to watch her chick-vampire shows.

Oh man are you going to be upset when I tell you what people around here think about pizza.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
The worst part of the boneyard-when someone complains about an off subject thread. If you don't want to hear about Geno Auriemma, don't click on a thread about Geno Auriemma.

Some of us like to hear about other interesting stories from other uconn sports without having to wade through the women's bball or football board.
Considering some of the absolute TRASH posts that make their way to the men's board, some with the gall to leave out the "OT" part as well. How can this get backlash while the weekly drunk man's ramblings that get posted at 2am saying nothing go without even a whisper?

Here's a hot take for MadDog to chew on, as of right now, the name "Geno Auriemma" is the only thing keeping the phrases "UConn" and "basketball power" associated to one another for the time being.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Here's a hot take for MadDog to chew on, as of right now, the name "Geno Auriemma" is the only thing keeping the phrases "UConn" and "basketball power" associated to one another for the time being.
Could not disagree more. He may be most important thing but it is testament to what he built that he's not the only thing.

Reaction Score
"Geno Auriemma" is the only thing keeping the phrases "UConn" and "basketball power" associated to one another for the time being.
I think we met, dude! You were in the Bahamas with OkaforPrez, right?
Anyway, I respectfully disagree. 4 Natties will keep us relevant for a couple of decades - it did for the likes of Indiana, which stayed relevant notwithstanding a string of many bad years.
As for the women's program, I think it's great, but it does little or nothing to move the needle on the men's side. Nobody ever claimed Tennessee was a powerhouse men's team because their women dominated.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Anyway, I respectfully disagree. 4 Natties will keep us relevant for a couple of decades - it did for the likes of Indiana, which stayed relevant notwithstanding a string of many bad years.
As for the women's program, I think it's great, but it does little or nothing to move the needle on the men's side. Nobody ever claimed Tennessee was a powerhouse men's team because their women dominated.

4 National Championships do NOTHING TO keep you relevant when 5th and 6th place finishes in the AAC are the norm.

If what you said was true, people would still consider UCLA a powerhouse, and that certainly isn't the case.

To be relevant, you have to actually be relevant. That's something we have not been since Bazz and co. left.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Wrong, not me must have been someone else.

As for the 4 titles maintaining cache like Indiana for reference? IU never had to deal with the short end of the conference realignment stick in a rapidly changing environment in how these products are distributed. I feel like it's cliche saying "conference realignment" at this point and I feel like a broken record sometimes but the fact that people still don't realize the obvious is very concerning

Reaction Score
Still have no idea why you think the podcast wouldn't go over well on the women's board, despite your lol.

This is one of the boards favorite Geno articles:

https://deadspin.com/5895516/geno-auriemma-mr-womens-basketball

It is targeted at a much different demographic than what I assume is the demographic on the women's board (men 60+). The tone is extremely sarcastic which isn't a problem if you recognize the sarcasm and enjoy it and the content can be quite dirty. Someone please post the link over there for the sake of science.

PodcastOne: Pardon My Take

Reaction Score
How about you listen to the entire interview instead of taking a quote out of context..oh wait your rtw.
C’mon man I don’t care about context; why even pretend like you’d touch Pitino with a 50 yard pole, even as a joke

Or feel free to explain the context

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Lol then he says stuff like this

Auriemma would hire Pitino despite firing
He was asked if he would hire him as an assistant and he said yes. I know Pitino is a jerk and a cheat and is tied with Boeheim as the most hated coach on the Yard but ... he is an excellent college bball coach and will prove it again when he is resurrected in a year or two. And to be totally blasphemous I have always enjoyed how his teams played from PC to UK to Ville. They were in your jock on D, picking three quarters court with ball pressure and uptempo on offense. Kinda like I would like to see KO's team do more often.

Reaction Score
He was asked if he would hire him as an assistant and he said yes. I know Pitino is a jerk and a cheat and is tied with Boeheim as the most hated coach on the Yard but ... he is an excellent college bball coach and will prove it again when he is resurrected in a year or two. And to be totally blasphemous I have always enjoyed how his teams played from PC to UK to Ville. They were in your jock on D, picking three quarters court with ball pressure and uptempo on offense. Kinda like I would like to see KO's team do more often.
And Art Briles did a great job bringing the Baylor program to prominence. Maybe Edsall should hire him as an assistant

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
To be relevant, you have to actually be relevant. That's something we have not been since Bazz and co. left.

Could not agree more! I mean that was, what, three and half years ago! Who remembers anything that ancient?

By the way how is your treatment going Tom?

Reaction Score
Anyone listen to his podcast with kyrie and sue bird? Might give it a listen this afternoon, Irving and bird are close through Team USA.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Anyone listen to his podcast with kyrie and sue bird? Might give it a listen this afternoon, Irving and bird are close through Team USA.
I just did he asked Kyrie about the earth being flat...the audio is terrible in some places.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom