Gary Apple, UConn, and South Carolina | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gary Apple, UConn, and South Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
SC simply has no idea what they are in for. I imagine that they think they know, but you can't imitate Husky ball, which means you can't practice for it. Almost feel bad.
I can't wait to read the comments if the Gamecocks win.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Most of the comments will revolve around how to heat up the roads in Hell to make them passable again, but I'm guessing that Cocky Talk will have a few "home cooking, we would have only lost by 30 if the PFs weren't 20-18 against us.

And really, how can you seriously deal with a place that calls itself Cocky Talk? Sounds like Potty Prattle.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I tell you what. UConn will win by 25+ and it may not be that close. SC is big athletic and slow. They wont be able to put the ball on the floor. We will do to them what we did to Duke. SC does not have good ball handlers.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Most of the comments will revolve around how to heat up the roads in Hell to make them passable again, but I'm guessing that Cocky Talk will have a few "home cooking, we would have only lost by 30 if the PFs weren't 20-18 against us.

And really, how can you seriously deal with a place that calls itself Cocky Talk? Sounds like Potty Prattle.
Cocky Talk is only one of many USC message boards. Gamecock Central is probably the most popular.

Reaction Score
I'll be back, win or lose.
I know it's a while till they play but I think enough time has gone by to give you a chance to see where the Gamecocks are and where UConn is. Why don't you give us an idea of what you predict the game score to be, subject to fine tuning at game time. We'd like to hear what your feelings are in regard to the final score. Who will win and by what amount. There's a lot of people here who've stuck their neck out and made some bold statements. I think it'd be nice to hear you make one. As I said, you can name a score now but if there were something unforeseen that happened between now and then, we would understand you modifying your score.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I know it's a while till they play but I think enough time has gone by to give you a chance to see where the Gamecocks are and where UConn is. Why don't you give us an idea of what you predict the game score to be, subject to fine tuning at game time. We'd like to hear what your feelings are in regard to the final score. Who will win and by what amount. There's a lot of people here who've stuck their neck out and made some bold statements. I think it'd be nice to hear you make one. As I said, you can name a score now but if there were something unforeseen that happened between now and then, we would understand you modifying your score.

I think that our superior depth will be put to use in the game and that Dawn will substitute freely. I've heard a lot of your fans say that Khadijah Sessions is not an outside threat and she does have some bad shooting games. I think Bianca Cuevas will play a lot of minutes and we will run quite a bit when she's in there. Carolina 67 UCONN 64 because your team isn't used to playing many close games and you won't have an answer for Alaina Coates inside or Tiffany Mitchell driving. We still have 2 games against ranked teams between now and then, however. Right now, I'm focused on Texas A&M.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
For the record, SC has a nearly identical team defensive rating as UConn: 72-71.

The big difference is on offense where UConn crushes the Gamecocks--and everyone else--126-116. The 116 rating is actually really good, but UConn's 126 is off the charts.

Reaction Score
I think that our superior depth will be put to use in the game and that Dawn will substitute freely. I've heard a lot of your fans say that Khadijah Sessions is not an outside threat and she does have some bad shooting games. I think Bianca Cuevas will play a lot of minutes and we will run quite a bit when she's in there. Carolina 67 UCONN 64 because your team isn't used to playing many close games and you won't have an answer for Alaina Coates inside or Tiffany Mitchell driving. We still have 2 games against ranked teams between now and then, however. Right now, I'm focused on Texas A&M.

I have your answer for Coates inside and Mitchell driving in just 2 words.

KIAH STOKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
"Wish I was on-line at Cocky Talk
Nobody straddlin' the fence
Ain't no modest posts on Cocky Talk
Ain't no modicum of sense

Once I chattted up a girl on Cocky Talk
Half-wit, and half in the bag
Wild as a mink and sweet as Cheerwine
turned out, she was a guy in drag

Cocky Talk, you'll always be
my source for conspiracy!
Good ol' Cocky Talk
sop for inferiority!
sop for inferiority!"

not my best, but, put together real quick,, so....

Reaction Score

Good ol' Cocky Talk
sop for inferiority!
sop for inferiority!"

Our neighbors down south are surely going to accuse us of being over the TOP with this one! :D

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I just wish all programs had their version of VolWorld's Margo, because I'm just a-dyin' to label LSU's "Margeaux" :D

Yeah, I've got this "program cross-pollination" theme in my head this morning, I guess.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Good ol' Cocky Talk
sop for inferiority!
sop for inferiority!"

dog.gif

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I can't wait to read the comments if the Gamecocks win.

If we lose to you, we'll be eating crow.

If we win, then we'll be eating gamecock stew.

Reaction Score

'Poopie Palaver' might also work...(I know, too much time hanging with the grandkids...)

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
If we lose to you, we'll be eating crow.

If we win, then we'll be eating gamecock stew.
Either way, remember there's a return trip to Columbia next season and maybe a game in the Final Four this season.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Either way, remember there's a return trip to Columbia next season and maybe a game in the Final Four this season.

Either way, it should be a great game to see. Like some others have stated, outside of some of the artistry we see with the Huskies offense, the tenor of most all the games in the AAC has been less than riveting drama. I'm hoping we win, of course, but I also hope it is a battle to the end.

Driving over from Michigan to see the game with my brothers. :)

BTW, I really appreciate your contributions on the BY. I think you've brought some good insight into the SEC play, and I think your comments are respectful and reasonable.

And might I point out to fellow Yarders that Cockhrnleghrn said "if" the Gamecocks win - he never said he thought they would win. At least not in this thread. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

Good ol' Cocky Talk
sop for inferiority!
sop for inferiority!"

Funny! After seeing this I HAD to go check out Cocky Talk. What a hoot! Forums include The C*** Pit (football), Cocky Bookie (betting), Smack Talk (not for the thin skinned), Hen House (for female posters), Cocky Swap (ticket exchange), iCocky (technology), etc, etc. Cocky Babes and Political Forum are private, requiring membership. I didn't read the board rules, but I'm pretty sure a poster's name must have to include "...c***" somewhere. But the only place I could find any WBB threads was "Other Gamecock Sports", and there wasn't much - am I missing something?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And might I point out to fellow Yarders that Cockhrnleghrn said "if" the Gamecocks win - he never said he thought they would win. At least not in this thread. :rolleyes:
Yes, when pressed, he said they would win 67-64. (And I would certainly hope that he would expect his #1 team to win.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom