Gamecocks 2024-25 Season: Part One | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2024-25 Season: Part One

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
If Watkins misses significant time it will be interesting to see how the D looks. Watkins' and Cardoso's rim protection last year was something
Watkins is probably the best returning defensive post in the entire country and prior to this, a likely lottery pick in 2 years (potentially #1 overall). SC is insanely deep but if she’s gone, their rim protection looks far less intimidating. There’s still Feagin/Kitts/Dauda/Edwards/Tac but Watkins is on a Boston/Cardoso level defensively that you won’t find with any of the other posts.

Reaction Score
Gazing into my crystal ball, I have a feeling she will be kicked out of the university and off the team. There should be zero tolerance for violence like this. The charge of kidnapping sounds a little excessive but I understand their reasoning. If what I picture in my head is correct, it seems like she got into a fight and dragged a girl by her hair down a hall....which is yikes but not exactly the general public's definition of kidnapping. But we also don't know the whole story and I bet more details will come out in the future.

I think we'll be just fine. I expect Feagin, Kitts and Edwards to benefit from her absence. I expect a big jump from Feagin entering her senior year and I expect Edwards to be a budding star on both sides of the floor. Kitts with another year in the strength program should help her not get pushed around as easily.
What was described in the article certainly fits the legal description of kidnapping.

Reaction Score
Hopefully the victim is okay and Watkins learns from this and never makes a mistake like this again. If I’m Dawn she’s out of the program.
Excuse my skepticism but in many instances like this, the talented players are more likely to be suspended and then "rehabilitated" a few weeks before the team's post-season tournament...... I'll be interested to see if Dawn sets the proper example........

Reaction Score
Hopefully the victim is okay and Watkins learns from this and never makes a mistake like this again. If I’m Dawn she’s out of the program.
Dawns disciplining has not impressed me so far. Unless the university kicks AW out, I bet she returns.

Reaction Score
All we know is the police report. We don't know how complete it is. I doubt that the victim was assaulted randomly. It's concerning but nobody has been convicted of anything so it's premature to assume guilt.

Reaction Score
Excuse my skepticism but in many instances like this, the talented players are more likely to be suspended and then "rehabilitated" a few weeks before the team's post-season tournament...... I'll be interested to see if Dawn sets the proper example........
I wouldn’t count on it…

Reaction Score
All we know is the police report. We don't know how complete it is. I doubt that the victim was assaulted randomly. It's concerning but nobody has been convicted of anything so it's premature to assume guilt.
Innocent victims are assaulted by their partners every day. Just because it wasn’t random doesn’t mean it wasn’t assault. Not saying it was or wasn’t…though I doubt she smacked herself around.

Reaction Score
What was described in the article certainly fits the legal description of kidnapping.
I agree. I wasn't disputing that at all. It's just the legal definition and public perception of kidnapping are different insofar as people aren't reading the articles, seeing kidnapping in the article title, and then letting their imagination run with some wild scenarios like she had someone gagged and tied up in her trunk.

Reaction Score
Watkins is probably the best returning defensive post in the entire country and prior to this, a likely lottery pick in 2 years (potentially #1 overall). SC is insanely deep but if she’s gone, their rim protection looks far less intimidating. There’s still Feagin/Kitts/Dauda/Edwards/Tac but Watkins is on a Boston/Cardoso level defensively that you won’t find with any of the other posts.
Dauda was the #3 shot blocker in the SEC behind Cardoso and Watkins last season. Also, if what Dawn has said about Tac turns out to be true (that she has defensive instincts like Boston) and Edwards remains a defensive menace like she did in the FIBA tournament, I think we have a capable group that will still be a defensive nightmare match up. I agree, though, that Watkins, if found guilty, will truly be missed as a defender and rebounder. She had All-American potential next season that I don't see in our other forwards.

Reaction Score
Innocent victims are assaulted by their partners every day. Just because it wasn’t random doesn’t mean it wasn’t assault. Not saying it was or wasn’t…though I doubt she smacked herself around.
I was suggesting that the two may have a history. Some have convicted her already. Police write reports that will justify the charges. We have no idea what precipitated the fight. I wouldn't be shocked if Watkins files charges against whoever it is. or maybe Watkins just smacked her and did the rest without provocation. I hate rush to judgements.

Reaction Score
I was suggesting that the two may have a history. Some have convicted her already. Police write reports that will justify the charges. We have no idea what precipitated the fight. I wouldn't be shocked if Watkins files charges against whoever it is. or maybe Watkins just smacked her and did the rest without provocation. I hate rush to judgements.
You’re assuming all kinds of things…

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CajunHusk94

Top Bottom