Gamecocks 2024-25 Season: Part One | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2024-25 Season: Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For sensitive subjects like this that could have life alternating consequences, I think it's best that we wait for all the information to come out before pulling out our pitchforks.

The fact that they are overturning the suspension so quickly does make one believe that there was some huge evidence that proved that the initial reporting was either greatly exaggerated or the whole event was a misunderstanding.

Reaction Score
I doubt the situation is resolved. Conflicting info on both sides. Victim says she was hit, then she says she wasn't? Ashlyn admitted to hitting her apparently? It's too confusing to be dealt with within a week. But I honestly don't think she should be allowed back on the court until it is resolved.
No. Ashlyn did not admit hitting her. The victim at first accused Ashlyn of hitting her, but later admitted that she had not been hit. Ashlyn admitted physically restraining her (like in a headlock), pushing her (which is assault) and not allowing her to leave (which is the basis of the kidnapping charge).

I agree that it is confusing - as are almost all dv cases. She will go back to court for arraignmentl about a week before the first game. It may, or may not be straightened out by then. If there is no plea at that time, it could be a year or more before she goes to trial.

And of course. the university's decision need not be the same as the court's decision.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is classic DV
I cant see her coming back. Plus there is a video out there that will sink her.,,
Can you provide a link to the video "that will sink her." An article in The State, based on the police report, said that at one point Watkins grabbed the alleged victim while she was on a ledge in the parking structure and was holding her because she thought she might jump. Now Watkins has been reinstated. Domestic violence is serious but it also sounds like some folks rushed to judgment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom