Gamecocks 2024-25 Season: Part One | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2024-25 Season: Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Most cops are honest, but there are plenty that invent “facts” for a variety of less than salubrious motives. All the cops in my family are of the former variety, except maybe one…
They have video. Ashlynn admitted the factual allegations in the warrant.

The only question is whether there were mitigating facts that would give her an affirmative defense. If none, she will be found guilty.

She won’t play this Fall even if she has a good defense and may not be permitted to attend school. Second semester? We’ll see.

Reaction Score
Good to see Cameron Indoor getting put to good use during basketball offseason. (Volleyball) :cool:

IMG_7905.jpeg

Reaction Score
Most cops are honest, but there are plenty that invent “facts” for a variety of less than salubrious motives. All the cops in my family are of the former variety, except maybe one…
The degree to which folks are going to contort the details here is impressive.
We absolutely dont the know full facts, but some of these alternative theories make no sense.

Reaction Score
Wasn’t impressed with the Cardoso situation. Think there was something before that but can’t remember.
You're certainly entitled to your opinion but saying that you're not impressed with Staley's discipline record based solely on not liking the way she handled the Cardoso situation and not being able to remember anything else is not a well supported opinion.

Reaction Score
You're certainly entitled to your opinion but saying that you're not impressed with Staley's discipline record based solely on not liking the way she handled the Cardoso situation and not being able to remember anything else is not a well supported opinion.
Thank you for your interest in WCBB.

Reaction Score

Good for her. Didn't realize U23 3x3 was competing in September however.

Beat me to the punch! I was coming here just to post this. I think this could be an immense growth opportunity for her. She hasn't had to operate under much pressure at South Carolina since she has been a bench player her whole career. I hope this helps get her some experience of working under pressure as a starter and working in a quick-paced environment. It could pay off huge dividends for her senior year.

Reaction Score
Another story just came out in The State regarding Ashlyn Watkins' situation.

Based on the police report, Watkins said that the alleged victim was on a ledge in the parking structure and Watkins thought she was going to jump, so grabbed her and wouldn't let her go. Rather than speculate, I'm going to just wait until the whole messy situation is sorted out before I have an opinion about anything. That may take a while.

Reaction Score

Good for her. Didn't realize U23 3x3 was competing in September however.

Congratulations to Sania.

I was thinking back during the Olympics how USC has so much talent on the roster who are tailor made to make some interesting 3x3 basketball teams. Feagin, Kitts, Fulwiley, and Tessa being one such group.

Reaction Score
This is classic DV
I cant see her coming back. Plus there is a video out there that will sink her.,,

Reaction Score
This is classic DV
I cant see her coming back. Plus there is a video out there that will sink her.,,
Well, I have been involved with maybe 100 court cases concerning DV. As far as the case goes, much ( not all) will depend on the victim’s wishes. The victim can’t drop a case, but does have some influence in the DA’s decision. We could end up seeing a plea to simple ( misdemeanor) assault leading to a year’s probation. What Dawn and the university hearing tribunal decide from there, who knows. Again, a lot depends on the victims wishes.

I would guess a one year suspension. I’m not expecting her to play for us this year, if ever.

Reaction Score
@visitingcock juvenile in this context is a person who is less than 18 years old in the state of South Carolina?

I am trying my hardest to not fill in the blanks but this incident is starting to sound a lot like something that happened to my niece. Her mental illness was a huge factor -- which strongly makes me wonder if the victim is suffering from a mental illness like bipolar.

Reaction Score
Updating the Tweet posted above:

After tonight's victory over Chicago,

A'ja Wilson is...

31 PTS from the WNBA record for most points in a season.
91 PTS from the 1st 1,000-point season in WNBA history.
7 REB away from the 2nd highest rebounding season ever. (Reese 434, Fowles 404, Wilson 398)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Does it mean that this situation is resolved in Ashlynn's favor if the suspension is lifted?

It’s so poorly written, it’s hard to be sure but it seems to say - maybe/ that the automatic school-suspension that takes place upon a felony arrest has been lifted. It does not mean the situation is resolved.

Reaction Score
With the suspension being lifted, I wonder if the video evidence supported Watkins‘ side of the story. You would think the University has had the opportunity to view the video at this point.

Reaction Score
Gazing into my crystal ball, I have a feeling she will be kicked out of the university and off the team. There should be zero tolerance for violence like this. The charge of kidnapping sounds a little excessive but I understand their reasoning. If what I picture in my head is correct, it seems like she got into a fight and dragged a girl by her hair down a hall....which is yikes but not exactly the general public's definition of kidnapping. But we also don't know the whole story and I bet more details will come out in the future.

I think we'll be just fine. I expect Feagin, Kitts and Edwards to benefit from her absence. I expect a big jump from Feagin entering her senior year and I expect Edwards to be a budding star on both sides of the floor. Kitts with another year in the strength program should help her not get pushed around as easily.
Kidnapping will be dismissed completely. Narrative description of the assault sounds like 3rd, which is a misdemeanor offense. At worst, she’ll use her PTI. She’ll be fine.

Attachments

• IMG_2140.jpeg
    IMG_2140.jpeg
    452.6 KB · Views: 41
Reaction Score
Dawns disciplining has not impressed me so far. Unless the university kicks AW out, I bet she returns.
/eyerolls/

I bet she does too, as she should, for the reasons I explained above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom