Gamecocks 2022 | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Amihere can't consistently keep herself in the lineup at the college level. It's sort of ridiculous to say she is better at getting off a shot than an All American, particularly when she has so many attempts stripped, blocked or jammed into the bottom of the rim.

Also to add my 2 cents to SCspur above, even had Amihere NOT been injured in high school coming into South Carolina, she had senior Kiki Herbert-Harrigan and sophomore Victaria Saxton in front of her on the depth chart as far as players with very similar skillsets to hers, to compete against. Boston had no one ahead of her at her position.

WHen Boston's class was incoming freshmen who had not yet played a single solitary college game, the Gamecock fanbase spent time - like we've been doing this off-season - figuring out who would be the starting 5 for 2019-20. We knew about Amihere's ACL injuries and figured she would come slowly off the bench to start. But of all 5 of the incoming class, Boston was the clear starter off the bat, simply due to that reality that she was our only true 5-spot on the roster.

Finally, I responded to the query:

I may get heat for this, but her ceiling is higher than Boston. That does not mean she's the better player. Just could be if she reaches it

The premise here is NOT "right now", but THE FUTURE, as in POTENTIAL and POSSIBILITY. I was referring to how Amihere's skillset could develop in the future compared to Boston's skillset.

So really, I close my response with the most relevant point of all: that you didn't even interpret what I was talking about, and provided an EXCELLENT critique for a statement that I never made......

Reaction Score
The premise here is NOT "right now", but THE FUTURE, as in POTENTIAL and POSSIBILITY. I was referring to how Amihere's skillset could develop in the future compared to Boston's skillset.

So really, I close my response with the most relevant point of all: that you didn't even interpret what I was talking about, and provided an EXCELLENT critique for a statement that I never made......

Are you sure? It doesn't really matter - don't want to get into a tit-for-tat - but here is what you said --

"Amihere has a skill set that enables her better than Boston to create her own shot opportunities."

And whether you or someone else said the next part-- I think the poster you are replying to was also talking about the recent tone of the latest few pages of comments of Amihere along with most recently someone posted that Boston will be at the mercy of benevolent guards. -- Well if Amihere is the PF - just because she is at the FT line, she'll also be at the mercy of benevolent guards to give her the ball. And if she isn't converting- those benevolent guards are gonna decide to no longer give her the ball. I think that's what the poster your replying to is also suggesting/implying.

And the comment you made in bold above speaks of now, doesn't it?

It doesn't matter. You further explained. You got one helluva team this year anyway so you can have these fun squabbles with other SC fans and just watch your team still be a beast regardless who creates more opportunities etc. You got a lot to be pumped up about.

Reaction Score
I could see Under Armour coming in and wanting to use Boston as a brand image for their women's line of apparel. I dare say (without verification) that we're probably the biggest name under their sponsorship and she is probably the most well-known name under their label in college women's basketball.... possibly someone from Notre Dame and Maryland are the only contenders.

I could see Amihere making a name for herself in the Olympics and a Canadian brand wanting to partner with her.

Reaction Score
DB805ACB-230A-44D7-90A4-B4866BB12433.jpg

I wonder what targets are in these states.I am sure this is the AAU tourney circuit. Is it 2022 or 2023? Who are the targets?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Will Dawn get flack from haters for handing out championship style rings to the 2019-2020 team?

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Will Dawn get flack from haters for handing out championship style rings to the 2019-2020 team?
Oh god, please don’t even mention it. I’m already getting a headache from how there will soon be an entire thread on this..

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Oh god, please don’t even mention it. I’m already getting a headache from how there will soon be an entire thread on this..
:D

Reaction Score
I don’t know why people care so much. Every coach of a successful team should say they think their team was the best. And a team without a storied history should celebrate these little achievements.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Will Jane learn that the man she's been romantically seeing is not Ridge after all, but his evil twin brother Ledge???

tenor.gif
Will the government ever release its REAL report about UFOs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom