Gamecocks 2022 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

@cockhrnleghrn. I told you the Carolina fans sights cared about WBB,,,nice article on Gamecockcentral.​

There still isn't a dedicated forum for it. Like I said, I've been a member at GCC for 20 years and it's gone steadily downhill, mainly because of a lack of moderation. I can read articles anywhere.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
If Cooper and Watkins are "a wrap" why has neither committed? With Watkins, I can kinda understand that we MAY have been waiting to see on Maya (and maybe Barker) Cooper though appears to be the only guard we are looking at, Of course, we don't really know who Dawn is talking to behind the scenes.

Hearsay is that Dawn has hinted at "two or three" for this class but I can't find a quote - and don't know how that is affected by Cardosa.
Dawn's recruits seldom publicly announce early.

Reaction Score
since official visits are back on some of these in-state players may be wanting to do official visits. Really it’s to their advantage to commit early to Carolina since the schollies are limited. I imagine there won’t be a problem picking somebody up from the portal if we miss out on Watkins and/or Cooper. Fuulwiley is the one that would be a heartbreaker to lose. She is absolutely electric.

Reaction Score
That class is coming in looking at Boston, Amihere, Feagin, and Cardoso ahead of them in their first season.

If you took 2 bigs at least one of them probably has to be content with redshirting as five bigs probably the limit of what makes sense to play.

Transfers could change things, but the Cardoso addition removes any urgency for two for the present.
Remember Nyah Green and Ramani Parker decided to redshirt at Louisville and ended up getting recruited over, normally top players don’t consider redshirting unless injuries are involved.

Reaction Score
Remember Nyah Green and Ramani Parker decided to redshirt at Louisville and ended up getting recruited over, normally top players don’t consider redshirting unless injuries are involved.

You'd have to really want to go to a school and be extremely confident in your ability to develop.

Schools that can continue to recruit great players are going to continue to do it. That's just the way it is and should be.

No one is recruited with a guarantee to play or shouldn't be anyway.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
since official visits are back on some of these in-state players may be wanting to do official visits. Really it’s to their advantage to commit early to Carolina since the schollies are limited. I imagine there won’t be a problem picking somebody up from the portal if we miss out on Watkins and/or Cooper. Fuulwiley is the one that would be a heartbreaker to lose. She is absolutely electric.
I'm really excited about Milaysia going Fulwiley on our opponents.

Reaction Score
This guy is responsible for Sania Feagin's tremendous skill development. As a Freshman in HS..all she cold do was rebound and post up-then started working with him rising soph year

Reaction Score
Expect Geno to come in hard and dirty on Fulwiley. Mia Moore recruitment 2.0

Reaction Score
Is Fulwiley a lock for South Carolina?
Nothing is ever a 100% lock. ...but Coach offered he in the 7th grade, Keenan is a stones throw from USC Campus, Coach has been in that gym before, and the Keenan Community wants her at SCar. Now when Geno went after and got Mya Moore..its like football recruiting between UT and UConn. This is when Pat stop talking to Geno. If he really likes her-expect him to be in South Carolina often

Reaction Score
It’s not that hard to spell Maya, unless you’re an SC fan. Good grief!

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Nothing is ever a 100% lock. ...but Coach offered he in the 7th grade, Keenan is a stones throw from USC Campus, Coach has been in that gym before, and the Keenan Community wants her at SCar. Now when Geno went after and got Mya Moore..its like football recruiting between UT and UConn. This is when Pat stop talking to Geno. If he really likes her-expect him to be in South Carolina often
Maya wasn't from Knoxville so I really don't see the comparison. Yes, Geno may come after her, full force, but so will Dawn. A'ja is the closest comparison since they are/were both top prospects from Columbia. We've had a long line of top WBB players from the Columbia area at USC. Brantley Southers, Marci McAlister, Martha Parker, Shaun Gortman, Alaina Coates and A'ja Wilson to name a few. We've been a hotbed of prep basketball for decades. Alex English, Xavier McDaniel, Ty Corbin, Stanley Roberts, PJ Dozier and Jermaine O'Neil on the MBB side are/were all pros though only Alex and PJ were Gamecocks.

Reaction Score
WNBA News... Kiki got traded to Seattle a few days ago. The Storm might be the best WBB in the world with Stewie and Bird. https://www.yakimaherald.com/ap/spo...hughes-forced-to-make-tough-roster-calls-and-

Reaction Score
Fulwiley is open, but SC is putting the full court press on her. The whole Gamecock WBB team went to one of her games.... that doesn’t happen often, ANYWHERE.
That must have been in 2019 then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99