Gamecocks 2022 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Is this an attempt to revise history? You admitted a violation. All due respect, why are you denying this?
Tennessee files 16 frivolous violations and UConn accepted a secondary violation, with no penalty, for the 17th charge against UConn regarding the Maya Moore recruitment. The charge was that a basketball staffer called espn and got Maya and her mother scheduled for a tour open to the public. The NCAA defines a secondary violation as one that is inadvertent in nature or doesn't represent a significant competitive advantage. This is the same level violation that UConn received when Geno congratulated a 12 year old Philadelphia girl for pitching in the Little League World series. This violation came from an unknown SEC team.

What about this that happened in Columbia per "The State":
Among other sports, the three-time SEC women’s basketball champions reported four infractions. One involved a player getting transportation, meals and lodging while not eligible to play. The school declared the player ineligible and made to donate costs of the impermissible benefit to charity.

The NCAA imposed additional penalties for one women’s basketball violation after an assistant coach texted a 2019 prospect with the same first name as a current player they intended to text. The NCAA banned South Carolina from electronically corresponding with that prospect for two weeks.

So are you guys running a dirty program down there?

Last edited:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Tennessee files 16 frivolous violations and UConn accepted a secondary violation, with no penalty, for the 17th charge against UConn regarding the Maya Moore recruitment. The charge was that a basketball staffer called espn and got Maya and her mother scheduled for a tour open to the public. The NCAA defines a secondary violation as one that is inadvertent in nature or doesn't represent a significant competitive advantage. This is the same level violation that UConn received when Geno congratulated a 12 year old Philadelphia girl for pitching in the Little League World series. This violation came from an unknown SEC team.

What about this that happened in Columbia per "The State":
Among other sports, the three-time SEC women’s basketball champions reported four infractions. One involved a player getting transportation, meals and lodging while not eligible to play. The school declared the player ineligible and made to donate costs of the impermissible benefit to charity.

The NCAA imposed additional penalties for one women’s basketball violation after an assistant coach texted a 2019 prospect with the same first name as a current player they intended to text. The NCAA banned South Carolina from electronically corresponding with that prospect for two weeks.

So are you guys running a dirty program down there?
This is going to sound really nitpicky.. but ESPN tours are not open to the general public. You can't just drive to Bristol, pull up to the visitor's center and request a tour. You have to know somebody that works there. If Maya received a tour from a personal family friend, that's not a benefit. If she received that tour from a family friend of a UConn staffer then it's absolutely a benefit. Tours are for friends and families of employees and occasionally civic groups.. but ESPN decides the civic groups that they want to give tours. I know this because I worked there, in Bristol, for 4 years and I was one of those employees that gave tours occasionally. ESPN doesn't hire tour guides.. employees that work there give the tours.

That said, I don't think it's a big deal at all. And I seriously doubt Maya chose UConn because Storrs is close to Bristol.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
This is going to sound really nitpicky.. but ESPN tours are not open to the general public. You can't just drive to Bristol, pull up to the visitor's center and request a tour. You have to know somebody that works there. If Maya received a tour from a personal family friend, that's not a benefit. If she received that tour from a family friend of a UConn staffer then it's absolutely a benefit. Tours are for friends and families of employees and occasionally civic groups.. but ESPN decides the civic groups that they want to give tours. I know this because I worked there, in Bristol, for 4 years and I was one of those employees that gave tours occasionally. ESPN doesn't hire tour guides.. employees that work there give the tours.

That said, I don't think it's a big deal at all. And I seriously doubt Maya chose UConn because Storrs is close to Bristol.
thanks for the clarification

Reaction Score

#60 (out of 60) on ESPNW’s ‘23 rankings. Offer has more significance due to her current teammate at Trenton Catholic who is ranked #18, Aalyah Del Rosario.

Reaction Score
not even a gamecocks fan but am excited for their season this yr, a lot of credit also to the SEC Network for the hype they give not just them but the conference as a whole
One thing the SEC does is they give women’s sports a chance to be seen. The SEC network is widely available and they show just about every single game in WBB, WSOC, VB, SB and even beach VB. There is no blackout that I know of. I live is SC and can very seldom EVER get ACC coverage from their channel because it is BLACKED OUT all the time. Any of you ACC folks know why?

W

wolfe613

One thing the SEC does is they give women’s sports a chance to be seen. The SEC network is widely available and they show just about every single game in WBB, WSOC, VB, SB and even beach VB. There is no blackout that I know of. I live is SC and can very seldom EVER get ACC coverage from their channel because it is BLACKED OUT all the time. Any of you ACC folks know why?
lol it's worse with the Pac 12, I used to have Dish but they are just so bad with service and other channel availability and now Directv alltho is prob the best satelittle out there unfortunately has no Pac 12 network.

AZgirl

Pac-12 women's sports all day long
Reaction Score
lol it's worse with the Pac 12, I used to have Dish but they are just so bad with service and other channel availability and now Directv alltho is prob the best satelittle out there unfortunately has no Pac 12 network.
The Pac-12 actually shows more women's sports than any of the conference networks. I don't bother with satellite or cable. I go with OTT (Sling, in my case, but Fubo also has it). Have never missed a game (from any school) unless I wanted to and I pay less.
Even better, anything not aired on TV is streamed for free. If you are a fan of women's sports, there's not a better conference for that.

W

wolfe613

The Pac-12 actually shows more women's sports than any of the conference networks. I don't bother with satellite or cable. I go with OTT (Sling, in my case, but Fubo also has it). Have never missed a game (from any school) unless I wanted to and I pay less.
Even better, anything not aired on TV is streamed for free. If you are a fan of women's sports, there's not a better conference for that.
yea but it just sucks that live in California and it's not offered, similar to the dodgers in LA until the pandemic hit and they finally caved giving it to Directv but if you don't have Spectrum or Directv you as an La viewer don't get the dodgers just silly to me how all these local teams make it hard for fans to watch them

Reaction Score
Raven Johnson Gatorade POY for Georgia. Saniya Rivers for NC.

2022 Gamecock offeree, Talaysia Cooper, won for SC. Offeree KK Arnold won it for Wisconsin.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Raven Johnson Gatorade POY for Georgia. Saniya Rivers for NC.

2022 Gamecock offeree, Talaysia Cooper, won for SC. Offeree KK Arnold won it for Wisconsin.

I really like Cooper but I thought Fulwiley had the better year, especially playing against better competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom