Gamecocks 2022 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A relative of hers goes to the same barbershops me. It’ll be a complete shock if she leaves Columbia.
Yeah I have a feel for your information as opposed to @SCGamecock declaring she is "Open". Heavy lean to SCar but its a battle. Lol..14 years ago-a player like this goes to Tn or UConn. 25 years ago she wold go to UGA. Big Up to coach Staley for making USC the dream for little girls in SCar.

Reaction Score
Maya wasn't from Knoxville so I really don't see the comparison. Yes, Geno may come after her, full force, but so will Dawn. A'ja is the closest comparison since they are/were both top prospects from Columbia. We've had a long line of top WBB players from the Columbia area at USC. Brantley Southers, Marci McAlister, Martha Parker, Shaun Gortman, Alaina Coates and A'ja Wilson to name a few. We've been a hotbed of prep basketball for decades. Alex English, Xavier McDaniel, Ty Corbin, Stanley Roberts, PJ Dozier and Jermaine O'Neil on the MBB side are/were all pros though only Alex and PJ were Gamecocks.
Yes as a Gwinnettian-I am aware that she is from GA. Just so you know..Pat Summit (RIHP) was P'od at Geno because of the Moore recrutiment. She turned him into the NCAA for the ESPN stunt he pulled. [ESPN is in Bristol,Ct-he arranged for Mya to tour the campus at ESPN].

Scoop from UT Fan Board on why Pat and Geno Fell out

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A relative of hers goes to the same barbershops me. It’ll be a complete shock if she leaves Columbia.
It will be interesting to see if she remains at Keenan or goes to one of those prep schools like Cardinal Newman, Heathwood Hall, Etc. .

Reaction Score
Yeah I have a feel for your information as opposed to @SCGamecock declaring she is "Open". Heavy lean to SCar but its a battle. Lol..14 years ago-a player like this goes to Tn or UConn. 25 years ago she wold go to UGA. Big Up to coach Staley for making USC the dream for little girls in SCar.
I don't have a barber in Columbia. :(

Reaction Score
Yes as a Gwinnettian-I am aware that she is from GA. Just so you know..Pat Summit (RIHP) was P'od at Geno because of the Moore recrutiment. She turned him into the NCAA for the ESPN stunt he pulled. [ESPN is in Bristol,Ct-he arranged for Mya to tour the campus at ESPN].

Scoop from UT Fan Board on why Pat and Geno Fell out

And the NCAA found nothing wrong.

Sorry when the Vol camp starts ratting - like Fulmer did with Bama - it always sounds like their bid was low.

Reaction Score
The way Staley has built the program and the way she’s been recruiting has been so impressive. Nice to see more powerhouses popping up. Good for Staley.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
you are killing
Fulwiley is open, but SC is putting the full court press on her. The whole Gamecock WBB team went to one of her games.... that doesn’t happen often, ANYWHERE.
You are both depressing me!
Oh No Please GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Reaction Score
And the NCAA found nothing wrong.

Sorry when the Vol camp starts ratting - like Fulmer did with Bama - it always sounds like their bid was low.
NO!!! They got cited for a violation on the arranged visit to ESPN. ..personally..I think UT got po'd when UConn started coming in their backyard for recruiting.

Reaction Score
Cant believe this has not been mentioned.

University of California oh I mean South Carolina President Bob Caslen resigned Wed. He had vote of support from Coach Staley but none from other Athletic Dept officials after her "mucked" up the Graduation Ceremony on Mothers day past. He was the former Commandant of Westpoint and a retired 3 Star General. He resigned after it was found that he plagiarized the commencement address from Gen. Mcraven (sp?) Tx Graduation speech in 2014.

He Gone

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Cant believe this has not been mentioned.

University of California oh I mean South Carolina President Bob Caslen resigned Wed. He had vote of support from Coach Staley but none from other Athletic Dept officials after her "mucked" up the Graduation Ceremony on Mothers day past. He was the former Commandant of Westpoint and a retired 3 Star General. He resigned after it was found that he plagiarized the commencement address from Gen. Mcraven (sp?) Tx Graduation speech in 2014.

He Gone

I have no beef with Caslen as a person.. and I think his record of service to this country has been remarkable. But Caslen was never a fit for the University of South Carolina. Still to this day, I think what really doomed Caslen from the start was the entire process of how McMaster rammed him into position. That obvious political maneuver still leaves a horrible taste in my mouth and the mouths of many other alums, including most of our prominent donors. One of our most prominent donors recently publicly admonished the university in a way that I've never seen. This all stings even more because SC also no longer has a provost, who many believe should've been the president. That former provost was recently announced as the new president at LSU, and I have no doubt he's going to do great things for them.

All in all, I love the University of South Carolina.. but this Caslen situation is a prime example of why politics have no place in higher education and why it's ridiculous to allow a school's BOT to operate with very little oversight from alumni, faculty, and current students.. they must be made to answer to somebody. I like to think South Carolina has learned from this situation, but knowing my home state and my alma mater.. it's highly unlikely. Expect McMaster to have his hands all over university affairs to appease "he who must not be named" once again.

Reaction Score
NO!!! They got cited for a violation on the arranged visit to ESPN. ..personally..I think UT got po'd when UConn started coming in their backyard for recruiting.

Actually it was a tour that was available to the public. It wasn’t a “stunt.” And the complaint had a lot of nonsense and fiction in it.

Reaction Score
Actually it was a tour that was available to the public. It wasn’t a “stunt.” And the complaint had a lot of nonsense and fiction in it.
Is this an attempt to revise history? You admitted a violation. All due respect, why are you denying this?

Reaction Score
I have no beef with Caslen as a person.. and I think his record of service to this country has been remarkable. But Caslen was never a fit for the University of South Carolina. Still to this day, I think what really doomed Caslen from the start was the entire process of how McMaster rammed him into position. That obvious political maneuver still leaves a horrible taste in my mouth and the mouths of many other alums, including most of our prominent donors. One of our most prominent donors recently publicly admonished the university in a way that I've never seen. This all stings even more because SC also no longer has a provost, who many believe should've been the president. That former provost was recently announced as the new president at LSU, and I have no doubt he's going to do great things for them.

All in all, I love the University of South Carolina.. but this Caslen situation is a prime example of why politics have no place in higher education and why it's ridiculous to allow a school's BOT to operate with very little oversight from alumni, faculty, and current students.. they must be made to answer to somebody. I like to think South Carolina has learned from this situation, but knowing my home state and my alma mater.. it's highly unlikely. Expect McMaster to have his hands all over university affairs to appease "he who must not be named" once again.
God forbid if he trys to install Nick Mulvaney. The thing that needs to happen is to reform how the BOT is picked. Nikki Haley started the severe politicalization when she booted Darla Moore off the board. No way the Governor should have two votes. No way people not affiliated with University should be placed on the board imo.

Clemson does not have these issues because their board is sll Clemson and not picked by the legislature.

Reaction Score
Is this an attempt to revise history? You admitted a violation. All due respect, why are you denying this?

Not denying anything. But the original post referred to Geno pulling an "ESPN stunt." What actually occurred is that UTenn filed a kitchen sink complaint against UConn where almost all of it was fiction. The only violation was that a staff person from UConn called ESPN to get Maya on a tour that was available to the public. If Maya had made the call there would have been no violation.

I haven't denied anything. But the violation was at the lowest level. Just trying to put the "stunt" in context. Clarifying history, not denying it.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
God forbid if he trys to install Nick Mulvaney. The thing that needs to happen is to reform how the BOT is picked. Nikki Haley started the severe politicalization when she booted Darla Moore off the board. No way the Governor should have two votes. No way people not affiliated with University should be placed on the board imo.

Clemson does not have these issues because their board is sll Clemson and not picked by the legislature.
I agree with everything posted here. The Board should be entirely made of alums (people that we KNOW are going to want the best for the University because they are degree holders) and we need to take all elements of politics OUT of the framework. I know USC is the flagship, but it's interesting Clemson got away with no legislative involvement in how their university is operated.. especially when you take into consideration how the school was founded.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Not denying anything. But the original post referred to Geno pulling an "ESPN stunt." What actually occurred is that UTenn filed a kitchen sink complaint against UConn where almost all of it was fiction. The only violation was that a staff person from UConn called ESPN to get Maya on a tour that was available to the public. If Maya had made the call there would have been no violation.

I haven't denied anything. But the violation was at the lowest level. Just trying to put the "stunt" in context. Clarifying history, not denying it.
Even if they did take her on a tour of ESPN, that's a really minor violation.

Reaction Score
It's hard to believe folks were so fired up about it.
They (Tennessee) were upset that their hold on dominance was/had faded. It was that simple. UConn still lives rent free in their heads. Lol

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
They (Tennessee) were upset that their hold on dominance was/had faded. It was that simple. UConn still lives rent free in their heads. Lol
Imagine how they feel now.

Reaction Score
It's unfortunate that Raven didn't make the U19 team, but it's a GREAT sign that Sania DID make it. My opinion only, but the 4 is where we need somebody different and she might be one that can pull defenders out of the paint to open it up for our 2 great posts. I really think Raven getting cut is because there were so many PGs ahead of her who had college experience. Hopefully some of those will move up and she'll have a better chance next year. Look forward to watching Feagin perform against great competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom