Gamecocks 2022 | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow!!! Congratulations to her! Huge honor and achievement! Incredible athlete but most importantly great student as well! Can’t wait to see her play next year and try to achieve her goal of being NFOY.

Reaction Score

Plays for FBCU. Kinda reminds me of a taller Ashley Bruner.

Reaction Score
Really nice highlights. IDK much about her. We’ll see if her offer list picks up, including possibly one from USC.
[IDK much about her] Thats why I am here. lol Plays on same High School team as Mary Ashley Groot and Ashlyn Watkins-Cardinal Newman in Columbia. Family moved from New York to Fort Mill a cpl of years ago. Seen her since she was in 7th grade.

Reaction Score
hmmmm There is some chatter on the Tenn. Football Board that we picked up two committs

Reaction Score
hmmmm There is some chatter on the Tenn. Football Board that we picked up two committs

Volnation said Dawn tweeted 2 birdies in the nest. There is nothing on her twitter account.

Reaction Score
Correct. I think they confused her post about June 1 -we can start recruiting birdies in person again...
That one put out by WBB and Dawn’s tweet announcing Kiki’s pregnancy the only tweets about birdies that I’ve seen, neither of which have anything to do with pledged commits. One of them also said SC fans are talking about it and I’m like, “Where?”. ‍

Reaction Score
That one put out by WBB and Dawn’s tweet announcing Kiki’s pregnancy the only tweets about birdies that I’ve seen, neither of which have anything to do with pledged commits. One of them also said SC fans are talking about it and I’m like, “Where?”. ‍
lol..I would say false alarm but we were thrown off of the Cardoso rumor and it came to fruition weeks later

Reaction Score
A well known FGF poster said it. Then, it kind of took off. He has admitted that he was only speculating based upon some weird factors. Looks like he was not just reading tea leaves, but smoking them too!

. No birdies in the nest :( at this time.

Reaction Score
A well known FGF poster said it. Then, it kind of took off. He has admitted that he was only speculating based upon some weird factors. Looks like he was not just reading tea leaves, but smoking them too!

. No birdies in the nest :( at this time.

The nest is still too full....we have 4 chicklings flittering their wings, getting ready to fly....... :p:p

Reaction Score
I really hope these freshman contribute like A'ja when she came off the bench her freshman year.

Which freshman do you think is going to have the biggest impact their freshman year? My bet is on Rivers. I could see her contributing if she can give some offense from the wing without being a liability on defense.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I really hope these freshman contribute like A'ja when she came off the bench her freshman year.

Which freshman do you think is going to have the biggest impact their freshman year? My bet is on Rivers. I could see her contributing if she can give some offense from the wing without being a liability on defense.
I think Raven Johnson has a chance to come in and make an impact. Destanni Henderson shouldn’t have to play 35+ minutes in a game this year.. there’s now Russell and Johnson behind her. Cooke, while technically a PG, has proven she’s a playmaking SG in actuality - which I like. So I don’t count her in the PG rotation even though it’s possible she will play in spurts this season. Bottom line, if Johnson or Russell can come along as a reliable leader of the 2nd unit then that helps out tremendously.
I can see Rivers pushing for time on the wing too, she’s tall, quick and long... defense is actually a strength of hers.. so if she picks it up quickly then she’ll see ample PT. Freshmen are hardly expected to be major contributors in scoring at SC, especially when you have the kind of returning talent that we have... but I think Dawn would welcome a scoring boost from any of our freshmen, whoever that may be.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking we'll probably see the most from Johnson, since she will back up Henderson at PG, and will have the most responsibility. Leadership being one that none of the other freshmen will really be required to bring. The ball handling, passing, setting up of the unit on the floor all in ADDITION to scoring and defense. There will be more responsibility placed on her than the other freshmen, so how she holds that bag will impact how well the team as a whole plays, moreso than from the others.

Rivers and Feagin I'm thinking will provide similar doses of production, and Hall may be a bit behind of all four....

Reaction Score
I'm thinking we'll probably see the most from Johnson, since she will back up Henderson at PG, and will have the most responsibility. Leadership being one that none of the other freshmen will really be required to bring. The ball handling, passing, setting up of the unit on the floor all in ADDITION to scoring and defense. There will be more responsibility placed on her than the other freshmen, so how she holds that bag will impact how well the team as a whole plays, moreso than from the others.

Rivers and Feagin I'm thinking will provide similar doses of production, and Hall may be a bit behind of all four....
I’m most interested to see what kind of minutes and role Cardoso fills. She’s incredibly gifted and Dawn will know exactly how to develop her. I fear she and Boston may suffer from the same effect that Wilson and Cambage do on the floor together — worse off because of poor spacing.

Reaction Score

All can contribute in some type of way. Rivers has her sights set on NFOY so I think she could be a major impact player. Johnson has a chance as well likely being Henny’s backup, she could be the general of the second group. Despite our deep post rotation it wouldn’t surprise me if Feagin has a big impact from day one. She has the most complete skill set of the forwards and has perimeter ability that was lacking a lot last year. I think she will take some of Saxton and Amihere minutes although I expect LA to start.

Reaction Score
All can contribute in some type of way. Rivers has her sights set on NFOY so I think she could be a major impact player. Johnson has a chance as well likely being Henny’s backup, she could be the general of the second group. Despite our deep post rotation it wouldn’t surprise me if Feagin has a big impact from day one. She has the most complete skill set of the forwards and has perimeter ability that was lacking a lot last year. I think she will take some of Saxton and Amihere minutes although I expect LA to start.
I’m curious why you think LA will start — hasn’t Dawn traditionally retained returning starters even when their minutes fall? FWIW I do agree LA should start — we no longer need her as a spark off the bench given the increased depth this year.

Reaction Score
I’m curious why you think LA will start — hasn’t Dawn traditionally retained returning starters even when their minutes fall? FWIW I do agree LA should start — we no longer need her as a spark off the bench given the increased depth this year.
Well she’s healthy for the first time since her sophomore year of High School and she improved a ton during our NCAA run. She will only get better with the Americup and Olympics experience, I think she will come back a completely different player ready to contribute and dominate. Dawn said she is the type of player that needs to have a role where she is needed and I think Starting her next year will be just that role. We saw how much better she played when LeLe went down I think she will start and take advantage of it.

Reaction Score
I also think LA will start. With our depth we can always bring Saxton on a number of people off the bench if she's not having a good game. Saxton has reached her ceiling (IMO). LA is no where near. If she doesn't start she'd be crazy NOT to transfer. She's not going to get a whole lot better on the bench for 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom