Gamecocks 2022, Part II | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Five Points is still safe, per capita, but so many tens of thousands of people are out there every weekend that there are going to be some problems. There were people getting in trouble out there back in the 80s, also. Metro Columbia was also half the size then that it is now.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
This is so cool. I had a summer class with LaKeisha Sutton and Iesha Walker. I wonder what USC was like in the 80s.

I had a few SPTE classes with Connor Shaw and Stephon Gilmore as well. They were always pretty good students.
It wasn't that much different than it is, now, but there are some landmarks gone like the Big Bird, Patrone's, Greenstreet's and Stuffy's.

Reaction Score
FIBA world 3 on 3 tournament, 3-4 full ganes.

I think I've watched a full high school game of hers online but perhaps not. Couldn't immediately find it.

of course all the YouTube highlight videos and hype videos "Stars Collide: Barker vs Feagin get raw at figJam." Etc etc.

every time there is a tall girl who can dribble a little and hit a face up shot lately folks want to make her a small forward.

I don't buy it. You need to be perimeter oriented for that to work so the interior doesn't clog and you can defend guards. I don't think the vast majority of them can pull it off.

can you force it? I guess. It's really just a question of performance against teams that can beat you though.
The problem is they see EDD, and now Stewie in the WNBA rebounding at one end and shooting a lot of 3's. They think everyone can do it.

Reaction Score

Only the numbers will really be news. Pretty well known this has long been in the works except to a segment of the fan base who convinced themselves, apparently, that USC wasn’t going to step up to keep her. :rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Since we are going back to memory lane.... I remember being in the RBC (now PNC) Arena in March of 2002 to see the Regional Final when the beloved Blue Devils defeated the upstart Chickens from Columbia. Great times.

I was there from 2008-2013.. and those were some of the last great years of 5 Points if you ask most people. It was still relatively safe, every storefront had a bar or restaurant, a lot of the classic 5 points bars were still around (Jungle Jims, PTs, ParrotHeads, GoodTimes, Group Therapy), it was lively during the day and night, CPD would close off Harden to automobile traffic for really big night games back then, I'll never forget the way we celebrated in 5 points for the Alabama win.. Harden was closed off and it had to be 50,000 people out there. It looked like "St. Pats in 5 points", but at night. Columbia was still pretty student friendly at that time. Great times. The Vista also became a "thing" during that time. If you were into the bar scene more than the house party scene then it was a great time to be at USC, although I thoroughly enjoyed both scenes during my time.

You must be a young cat. I remember talking to my friend (when she was in Columbia at the time) ... after watching that game in 2010. I told her what happened... and she had no idea that a game was even taking place. Probably the biggest win in school history???

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Only the numbers will really be news. Pretty well known this has long been in the works except to a segment of the fan base who convinced themselves, apparently, that USC wasn’t going to step up to keep her. :rolleyes:

Good for Staley. Now fix the roads in South Carolina next. 26 and 95 are god awful... and the other roads weren't that much better. When I was down in June.... my friend was fussing, saying that I was hitting every bump, pothole, or crack in the road. I was thinking to myself... thats all they have in the roads down here. :confused:

Reaction Score
Since we are going back to memory lane.... I remember being in the RBC (now PNC) Arena in March of 2002 to see the Regional Final when the beloved Blue Devils defeated the upstart Chickens from Columbia. Great times.

You must be a young cat. I remember talking to my friend (when she was in Columbia at the time) ... after watching that game in 2010. I told her what happened... and she had no idea that a game was even taking place. Probably the biggest win in school history???

I saw the goal posts in five points two weeks in a row in 2000. New Mexico St we took heat for, but it was 21 straight losses before that.

the win over Quincy Carter's Georgia was more understandable celebration. They bought some fancy anti-personnel goal posts after that.

Reaction Score
Good for Staley. Now fix the roads in South Carolina next. 26 and 95 are god awful... and the other roads weren't that much better. When I was down in June.... my friend was fussing, saying that I was hitting every bump, pothole, or crack in the road. I was thinking to myself... thats all they have in the roads down here. :confused:

26 isn't bad except for the traffic and construction. 95 is a mess.

just drove good portions of both.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

I was at that game in Raleigh and the win over Drake two days earlier.

As far as that Alabama game, if you're not a fan you wouldn't know if you didn't live in the downtown/stadium area.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
The metal plates really drive me crazy. I will never understand why the DOT starts multiple big projects at the same time and it takes years to finish them. I'm like, put all your resources into one at a time and finish them quickly.

Reaction Score
WACH FOX’s Matt Dowell saying his sources telling him Dawn’s new contract is in the $2.9 - 3.2 million range.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
26 isn't bad except for the traffic and construction. 95 is a mess.

just drove good portions of both.

26 needs an extra lane in both directions all the way down to the 95 interchange. It was frustrating on the way back .. on a Thursday afternoon.

The metal plates really drive me crazy. I will never understand why the DOT starts multiple big projects at the same time and it takes years to finish them. I'm like, put all your resources into one at a time and finish them quickly.

I went to Wofford for the Panthers Camp a couple of summers ago....... I went through there early on a saturday morning.. it wasnt bad, but I could see where the 85 construction zone would be a problem at a later time of day. Looks like it will still be under construction next summer when I head back down that stretch for the last Panther camp at Wofford.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
WACH FOX’s Matt Dowell saying his sources telling him Dawn’s new contract is in the $2.9 - 3.2 million range.

Wow. Is she the highest paid coach at the school? That has to be the highest salary in WBB... I forget what they are paying at LSU.

Reaction Score
Wow. Is she the highest paid coach at the school? That has to be the highest salary in WBB... I forget what they are paying at LSU.
“Mulkey will make $2,585,000 in her first season, with a $400,000 base salary, $2.04 million in supplemental compensation, $60,000 in sponsor-related compensation and $80,000 in travel related compensation that includes a company vehicle.

The deal will rise to $3.4 million per year in its final season, 2028-29.

Mulkey also will have a shot at $577,000 in incentive pay over the course of the contract, including yearly bonuses of $65,000 for winning the SEC regular season title, $35,000 for winning the SEC Tournament and $150,000 for winning a national championship.”

“Mulkey’s contract with LSU runs through the 2028-29 season and has an annual base salary of $400,000. Supplemental pay raises it to a $2.505 million starting point for the 2021-22 season.

It’s reported that Mulkey made $2.27 a year at Baylor.

At LSU, Mulkey’s salary will increase every year to about $3.3 million by the end of the contract.

Mulkey also receives performance-based incentives, which includes $65,000 for a Southeastern Conference regular season championship, $150,000 for a national title and $15,000 if LSU finishes in the top 10.

If LSU fires her without cause before June 30, 2022, Mulkey will be owed $2.5 million. She will receive a $2 million buyout if LSU fires her without cause after that date.”

1634281197620.jpeg

Reaction Score

Check out Raven’s arms!! She’s definitely going to be a problem for opponents! Especially when she picks the ball up full court!

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Dawn just got PAAAAAAAID.

Starting at 2.9 a year and ending at 3.5 million a year in the final year!

SEC is flush. It’s deserved for sure, but to see a non-football/men’s basketball coach make that much in a “non-revenue sport” shows you how committed the school is to Dawn and WBB.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wonder who SC fans would choose if it came down to Watkins or Barker
As a hometown gal, we gotta' love Ashlyn. But her offensive game needs a lot of improvement. She is an excellent defender and rebounder but has few offensive skills. Barker is MUCH more polished on the offensive end and has a beautiful turnaround J.

We pay Dawn 2.9 mil a year to make such decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom