Gamecocks 2022-2023, part two | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022-2023, part two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nan

I assume you meant to post a link to something else.

Everybody else: socio/political discussions are not allowed in this board.

Let’s talk 2023 recruiting update.

Finalists:
Milaysia Fulwiley PG
Chloe Kitt’s F
Aaliya Del Rosario P
Madison Booker W

Still Chasing:
Juju Watkins G

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nan

Finalists:
Milaysia Fulwiley PG
Chloe Kitt’s F
Aaliya Del Rosario P
Madison Booker W

Still Chasing:
Juju Watkins G

We are still recruiting Sahnya Jah from Maryland and Tess Johnson from Minnesota

Reaction Score
Nan

Finalists:
Milaysia Fulwiley PG
Chloe Kitt’s F
Aaliya Del Rosario P
Madison Booker W

Still Chasing:
Juju Watkins G
Finalist with Sahnya Jah.

Has Cassandre Proper out of Canada been offered?

Reaction Score
Finalist with Sahnya Jah.

Has Cassandre Proper out of Canada been offered?
I haven't seen any indication that they have offered her, but Prosper's recruitment has been very private. I don't like saying maybe, but in this case, that's all one can surmise.

Reaction Score
Any news on Raven Johnson's return from injury?
She looks to be right on track. Plenty of videos on IG of her in team workouts and practices as well as her own private workouts. Won’t be surprised if her PT is limited early on much like Amihere when she was coming off her knee surgery. Dawn will certainly be asked about her when she has her training camp presser.

Reaction Score
Has ADR completed her OV or is that still pending at SCar? Seems ADR is keeping a low recruiting profile…

Reaction Score
Has ADR completed her OV or is that still pending at SCar? Seems ADR is keeping a low recruiting profile…
I have been told she has been to SC twice but don’t know if either was an official.

Reaction Score

$25,000 equates roughly to a 40 hour/wk wage earner making $12.00 per hour.

Of course, Boston has her own deals and earns much more. $25,000 is pretty good for a bench warmer.

So: are tuition, books and rooming now taxable as benefits?

Reaction Score
$25,000 equates roughly to a 40 hour/wk wage earner making $12.00 per hour.

Of course, Boston has her own deals and earns much more. $25,000 is pretty good for a bench warmer.

So: are tuition, books and rooming now taxable as benefits?
Not everyone on the team will be benefitting from this NIL arrangement. I don't think Amihere or Cardoso can due to their international student status.

Reaction Score
Not everyone on the team will be benefitting from this NIL arrangement. I don't think Amihere or Cardoso can due to their international student status.
Well, it says "Each member of the team . . .." Of course, that doesn't mean it's accurate. Does Cardosa have dual citizenship.

Question: Can Amihere receive NIL money through a deal with companies from Canada? I don't see how anybody could block it.

Reaction Score
Well, it says "Each member of the team . . .." Of course, that doesn't mean it's accurate. Does Cardosa have dual citizenship.

Question: Can Amihere receive NIL money through a deal with companies from Canada? I don't see how anybody could block it.
From what I've read, yes but only when she's in Canada because of her visa status. That's the tricky part. Most of what I've read talks about an issue between passive and active income. As to what the difference is, I can't help there. I have enough challenges understanding Canadian tax rules, let alone the IRS' rules.

Here's an article from earlier in the year about an international student trying a different approach. If this is legal, you'll likely start to see some International athletes try to take advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom