Gamecocks 2022-2023, part two | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022-2023, part two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Hope they spent the same about of time practicing their 3 point shots as they did their dance moves. :rolleyes:

Have you see our 3 point shooting? This might be an improvement if they spent that much time on it lol. Either way the more missed 3s the more opportunities for the Gamecocks to pad their stats with rebounding.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
@JDuro hey now, let keep this thread focused on the Gamecocks :oops:

Have you see our 3 point shooting? This might be an improvement if they spent that much time on it lol. Either way the more missed 3s the more opportunities for the Gamecocks to pad their stats with rebounding.

Yall are like that 2019 Baylor championship squad, they really didn't need the 3pt shot all that much.

Reaction Score
As recruiting for 2023 comes down to the wire, I am revising my expectations for the Gamecocks 2023 recruiting class. In an earlier post a few months ago, I thought that we would get Madison Booker, Aalyah Del Rosario, and Milaysa Fulwiley. I recently thought that we had a great chance at JuJu Watkins until she signed the Nike contract for NIL today. I now think that she will end up going to a Nike school due to the NIL agreement (probably Arizona). I now feel like we will sign Chloe Kitts and Sahnya Jah with an outside shot at Del Rosario and Fulwiley. I think Fulwiley may be a Florida lean in order to be the face/focal point of their program. We are probably 50/50 for Del Rosario and still in the running due to our history of producing great bigs. This would be a good recruiting class for 2023 and we seem to be in good position with 2024s Kendall Dudley and Blanca Thomas. Any other Gamecock recruiting thoughts?

Reaction Score
As recruiting for 2023 comes down to the wire, I am revising my expectations for the Gamecocks 2023 recruiting class. In an earlier post a few months ago, I thought that we would get Madison Booker, Aalyah Del Rosario, and Milaysa Fulwiley. I recently thought that we had a great chance at JuJu Watkins until she signed the Nike contract for NIL today. I now think that she will end up going to a Nike school due to the NIL agreement (probably Arizona). I now feel like we will sign Chloe Kitts and Sahnya Jah with an outside shot at Del Rosario and Fulwiley. I think Fulwiley may be a Florida lean in order to be the face/focal point of their program. We are probably 50/50 for Del Rosario and still in the running due to our history of producing great bigs. This would be a good recruiting class for 2023 and we seem to be in good position with 2024s Kendall Dudley and Blanca Thomas. Any other Gamecock recruiting thoughts?
It would hurt to lose Milaysia out of state. I would understand given Raven's eligibility status . . . but, still . . ..

Hoping for Kitts and Del Rosario.

Would love to have JuJu but never had much hope. Dadgumed shoe deals!

Reaction Score
It would hurt to lose Milaysia out of state. I would understand given Raven's eligibility status . . . but, still . . ..

Hoping for Kitts and Del Rosario.

Would love to have JuJu but never had much hope. Dadgumed shoe deals!
I too have a strong feeling JuJu will stay out west . Hopefully not with KiKi Rice though !

Reaction Score
I can’t imagine Fulwiley going to Florida. She is very tight with Cooper and Watkins. She has been a mainstay at the CLA for years. Like Cooper, I think she’s taking her trips because she can. Everybody, everybody thought Cooper was going to Tennessee and Watkins was going to UNC because they didn’t want to sit and wait their turn. They both said they really never considered anywhere else.

Fulwiley would get plenty of PT. She’s that good. The NIL money she will get in Columbia will be massive compared to Florida. Florida got a visit because of Cynthia Jordan, who took an on the court position on Florida’s staff this year after being the Dir of BB operations for Dawn since she‘s been at SC. As flamboyant as Milaysia is, I can’t imagine her going to Florida and playing in front of 1000 fans MAX when she can play in big games in front of 12-15,000 in her home town. She lives for those moments and you can bet Dawn will remind her of that. We will find out soon and I hope I don’t have to eat my words but I swear, I can’t imagine her anywhere else.

Reaction Score
I can’t imagine Fulwiley going to Florida. She is very tight with Cooper and Watkins. She has been a mainstay at the CLA for years. Like Cooper, I think she’s taking her trips because she can. Everybody, everybody thought Cooper was going to Tennessee and Watkins was going to UNC because they didn’t want to sit and wait their turn. They both said they really never considered anywhere else.

Fulwiley would get plenty of PT. She’s that good. The NIL money she will get in Columbia will be massive compared to Florida. Florida got a visit because of Cynthia Jordan, who took an on the court position on Florida’s staff this year after being the Dir of BB operations for Dawn since she‘s been at SC. As flamboyant as Milaysia is, I can’t imagine her going to Florida and playing in front of 1000 fans MAX when she can play in big games in front of 12-15,000 in her home town. She lives for those moments and you can bet Dawn will remind her of that. We will find out soon and I hope I don’t have to eat my words but I swear, I can’t imagine her anywhere else.
I think you may want to imagine more in Fulwiley's case tbh . SC is a contender always has been but as of late it has not been as strong as it was during middle/high school. NIL may bring it back but it could also separate the relationship even more if another school has more money to spend.

Reaction Score

Her trainer Marseilles Brown will probably try to keep her home lol. He did so with Ashlyn. We all know Dawn is offering her something those other schools can’t do it definitely looks like she’s taking visits for courtesy. I even think she eliminated Miami and Louisville because I haven’t heard anything else and the signing period is close.

Reaction Score
I think you may want to imagine more in Fulwiley's case tbh . SC is a contender always has been but as of late it has not been as strong as it was during middle/high school. NIL may bring it back but it could also separate the relationship even more if another school has more money to spend.
I’m not saying anything else here until after she commits to a school other than this….SC has Dawn Staley and other schools do not. She will have last crack at her and her family circle, who she has been involved with since Milaysia first came to camp before she got to MS.

Reaction Score
Her trainer Marseilles Brown will probably try to keep her home lol. He did so with Ashlyn. We all know Dawn is offering her something those other schools can’t do it definitely looks like she’s taking visits for courtesy. I even think she eliminated Miami and Louisville because I haven’t heard anything else and the signing period is close.

She will be at Louisville Live this coming weekend. Probably will save her final OV to SC. She’s only been unofficially.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'd better steer clear of this area... except for when they play Clemson in football :eek:

University of South Carolina fans will soon have a new go-to game bar in Charlotte to cheer on the Gamecocks.

Why it matters: Charlotte is full of University of South Carolina fans and alumni, which should come as no surprise since the school is only about an hour and a half south of here in Columbia, SC. “There are 17,000 members [in the alumni association], just in the Charlotte zip codes,” owner James Korpela said.

Reaction Score
I'd better steer clear of this area... except for when they play Clemson in football :eek:

University of South Carolina fans will soon have a new go-to game bar in Charlotte to cheer on the Gamecocks.

Why it matters: Charlotte is full of University of South Carolina fans and alumni, which should come as no surprise since the school is only about an hour and a half south of here in Columbia, SC. “There are 17,000 members [in the alumni association], just in the Charlotte zip codes,” owner James Korpela said.

It's too bad they didn't open last October. You could've popped in for a bite during the Mayo Bowl and felt right at home. :D

Reaction Score
Sahnya Jah? She posted she was announcing her commitment tomorrow but then quickly took it down

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Jah and Del Rosario both visited SC over the weekend. Could be either.

Chloe Kitts wouldn’t surprise me either. She posted “COMMIT” on Del Rosario’s official visit post for SC. Straight to the point, this one. Lol

Reaction Score
Jah and Del Rosario both visited SC over the weekend. Could be either.

Chloe Kitts wouldn’t surprise me either. She posted “COMMIT” on Del Rosario’s official visit post for SC. Straight to the point, this one. Lol

I really hope Kitts isn’t pulling our leg but she’s done that often and only too SC posts. She did the same thing to Jah and also told Milaysia she hated her Ole Miss pics lol. Hopefully they don’t get any ideas this weekend in Louisville. Really want them both in Garnet and Black.

Reaction Score
I really hope Kitts isn’t pulling our leg but she’s done that often and only too SC posts. She did the same thing to Jah and also told Milaysia she hated her Ole Miss pics lol. Hopefully they don’t get any ideas this weekend in Louisville. Really want them both in Garnet and Black.
I hope not either. I really like her and you are right ... since her visit to SC she has engaged a lot on posts involving SC. Her last like on twitter was a post from Zia praising Dawn. Fingers crossed we get her but I doubt she is the birdie bc of her visit to Lousiville next weekend.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Who else is going to Louisville with Kitts?

SC and Louisville (along with Ohio State) used to go head to head for a lot of players in recruiting. Walz got his share, Dawn got hers. SC’s recruiting has since elevated to another level and the battles became fewer. Kinda nice to see a battle with the Cardinals again. Hoping this one goes our way.

Reaction Score

SC and Louisville (along with Ohio State) used to go head to head for a lot of players in recruiting. Walz got his share, Dawn got hers. SC’s recruiting has since elevated to another level and the battles became fewer. Kinda nice to see a battle with the Cardinals again. Hoping this one goes our way.
I believe Fulwiley is at Louisville this weekend.

Reaction Score

So far all that I’ve seen is Kitts, Fulwiley, and Solé Williams their 2023 commit.

We’ve pretty much butted heads recruiting against Louisville for awhile now and they seem to be losing a lot of seniors like us. I don’t think it’s a question either way honestly, the head to head results speak for themselves as well as the number of players we have in the WNBA and will have drafted.

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22