Game Week 2022 - UConn v. BC Eagles (Homecoming - Saturday 10/29/22 @ Noon on CBSSN) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn v. BC Eagles (Homecoming - Saturday 10/29/22 @ Noon on CBSSN)

Reaction Score
I think strength of schedule has a lot to do with our improvements and BC's regressions sine October 1. That said, if we play a clean game we've got a chance.
Ding ding ding. Always seek better competition if you want to evolve into the better competition.

Reaction Score
So My daughter & son-in-law want to bring the grandbabes to see their first game at the Rent on Saturday. I called the ticket office to order 5 extra to be picked up at the will call window, The rep asked which section I would like them in. When I told her that my original 12 are in Section 103, she told me that there weren't 5 seats together in 103 & offered 204 Row 2, which I bought.
This begs the question: Either there are a lot of season ticket holders in 103 dressed as empty seats, OR, has the box office been selling tickets for this game to Thunderchicken fans?

Reaction Score
So My daughter & son-in-law want to bring the grandbabes to see their first game at the Rent on Saturday. I called the ticket office to order 5 extra to be picked up at the will call window, The rep asked which section I would like them in. When I told her that my original 12 are in Section 103, she told me that there weren't 5 seats together in 103 & offered 204 Row 2, which I bought.
This begs the question: Either there are a lot of season ticket holders in 103 dressed as empty seats, OR, has the box office been selling tickets for this game to Thunderchicken fans?
Looking online the lower bowl seems to be almost completely unavailable with only some singles. The upper sections seems to be about 1/3 sold. Hopefully more blue than ugly maroon! Given the last BC home game…hopefully blue. Cause they were empty!

Reaction Score
More importantly; where's your tailgate preview?

Reaction Score
We all look for early signs in the first quarter. Foreshadowing, as it were.

Mine will be ability to stop BC on their first possession. Doesn't have to be three and out, but that would be nice.

On the other side of the ball, UConn's ability to run it up the gut and then get creative when BC over reacts. A score on the first UConn possession would be nice.

And on the subject of playing mistake free football, the subject of discipline and penalty free football is foremost on my mind. Mistakes can happen. But penalties should be controllable.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Where are the refs from? Hopefully not the same from the Ball State or Utah State game…
It used to be the officials from the conference of the visiting team were where the refs came from, don’t know if that was changed

Reaction Score

-> Extra point: It’s buzzard world. At the beginning of the year, BC was supposed to make noise in the ACC, possibly make an ACC title game and show that the Hafley Era is fully upon us. Instead, it’s UConn who looks like the team on the rise and one that should be competing against high level competition sooner rather than later. No matter what happens this weekend, UConn being good – or at least better than advertised – and BC seemingly headed for a tailspin really throws a monkey wrench into the entire New England college football landscape.

Final drive: Don’t be surprised if UConn wins this game. While it would be a massive upset and cause BC fans to lose their minds, this Huskies team is a lot better than people think. There’s legitimate talent across the board but most importantly, the buy-in is very, very real. The times they are a changing, and it feels like for at least one afternoon at The Rent, it’s UConn’s time to show the world the return to prominence isn’t far off. <-

Reaction Score

-> Extra point: It’s buzzard world. At the beginning of the year, BC was supposed to make noise in the ACC, possibly make an ACC title game and show that the Hafley Era is fully upon us. Instead, it’s UConn who looks like the team on the rise and one that should be competing against high level competition sooner rather than later. No matter what happens this weekend, UConn being good – or at least better than advertised – and BC seemingly headed for a tailspin really throws a monkey wrench into the entire New England college football landscape.

Final drive: Don’t be surprised if UConn wins this game. While it would be a massive upset and cause BC fans to lose their minds, this Huskies team is a lot better than people think. There’s legitimate talent across the board but most importantly, the buy-in is very, very real. The times they are a changing, and it feels like for at least one afternoon at The Rent, it’s UConn’s time to show the world the return to prominence isn’t far off. <-
If BC loses to UConn, and fails to do better for the rest of this season, their current coach could be toast.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom