Game Week 2022 - UConn v. BC Eagles (Homecoming - Saturday 10/29/22 @ Noon on CBSSN) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn v. BC Eagles (Homecoming - Saturday 10/29/22 @ Noon on CBSSN)

Reaction Score
The only reason for BC to play us every year is if it’s a guaranteed win. I wish everyone was able to remember that OOC games get scheduled when it’s good for both teams, not just when it’s good for one.
Let's cash that check and send them home with a lose in the process this time around...

Reaction Score
Let’s cash that check? Is Boston College paying UConn to play this game at our stadium?
we're the inferior opponent, right? I thought we were doing them a favor...

Reaction Score

should they have been taking the entire season seriously? not just the game against us? or are they just having a down year, which happens? you are what you are ... I think we have a real opportunity here..

Reaction Score
Crushed by the fact that I won't be at the game on Saturday. But I do hope for one thing. If UConn wins, I hope our fans will act like they have been there before. Sure, rush the field and all that. Throw a parade. Whatever floats your boat. I am referring to interactions with their fans. Respect, friendliness, like we treated the Michigan or Wyoming fans. No incidents. We want to keep playing these guys. Remember? Me? I'll be popping oxy's, listening, and posting on the game blog. Maybe back for the last home game.

Reaction Score
Our defense has to hold them in check to give the offense a chance to win the game. Get down 2 scores will be a tough comeback. Have to be better at fielding kicks and punts. The run game has to be productive all game so we can get some room in the pass game. Ball security and limit penalties. Fingers crossed. Love the noon start for this one.

Reaction Score
I’m worried about BC’s speed at WR and RB. They have Flowers, Gill & Griffin all very good receivers. The freshman Bromme is very quick and can bounce to the outside.

They are much better than their record shows on defense. Looking at their stats versus Clemson they were very close in total yardage until the last Clemson drive. Their offense just could not score against good defenses.

We need to get to the QB and dominate the LOS to win this game. This is Rivalry weekend with BC in hockey tomorrow night. This should be an annual event with every 3rd game at Gillette!

Reaction Score
I’m worried about BC’s speed at WR and RB. They have Flowers, Gill & Griffin all very good receivers. The freshman Bromme is very quick and can bounce to the outside.

They are much better than their record shows on defense. Looking at their stats versus Clemson they were very close in total yardage until the last Clemson drive. Their offense just could not score against good defenses.

We need to get to the QB and dominate the LOS to win this game. This is Rivalry weekend with BC in hockey tomorrow night. This should be an annual event with every 3rd game at Gillette!
Post/handle

Reaction Score
Our defense has to hold them in check to give the offense a chance to win the game. Get down 2 scores will be a tough comeback. Have to be better at fielding kicks and punts. The run game has to be productive all game so we can get some room in the pass game. Ball security and limit penalties. Fingers crossed. Love the noon start for this one.
Like how you only want a "few" things to go right! :rolleyes:
No matter, let's get it done...........

Reaction Score
Houston in depth chart. Swenson too. Expect Marion. Everything but the kitchen sink.
IMO, of all those players Swenson coming back is the most important. Defense has a chance to shut down BC with him on the field, giving UConn a punchers chance to win.

Reaction Score
Houston in depth chart. Swenson too. Expect Marion. Everything but the kitchen sink.
As was pointed out to me earlier this year... our depth chart doesn't ever seem to update. Houston was on the top of the depth chart for the Ball State game.... he didn't play. Joly hasn't been listed on the depth chart in weeks.

In fact our depth chart is exactly the same as the Ball State game except for the title header. As a result I don't think you can read too much (or too little) into that.

IMO Swenson is the most important piece to get back. The defense needs him on the field and it's not a surprise that Ball State gashed UConn after Swenson went out with his concussion.

Reaction Score
Some things to think about with BC. They are averaging 16 points per game against FBS opponents. They lost almost all of their offensive coaches after last year: OC/QBs, RBs, WRs, OL. Add in that BC has no returning starters on the OL and start 2 R-Fr, 2 R-So, and 1 R-Jr and you find an offensively challenged team. Their QB, Jurkovec, can be rattled by pressure and their main offensive weapon is Zay Flowers and it will be hard to stop him.

If UConn had a more experienced QB and a few less injuries on offense, I think UConn would have been favored to win this game as this is one of the worst BC teams in recent years. Thus, I think it could be a close game and it could go either way. My guess is the team that makes the fewest mistakes will win.

Reaction Score

Although I'd like to believe this is relevant to overall development and how much we've improved, it might be fool's gold.

The schedule really flipped for us the past three games, while the team that won't be mentioned played Louisville, Clemson and Wake Forest their last three.

Reaction Score
As was pointed out to me earlier this year... our depth chart doesn't ever seem to update. Houston was on the top of the depth chart for the Ball State game.... he didn't play. Joly hasn't been listed on the depth chart in weeks.

In fact our depth chart is exactly the same as the Ball State game except for the title header. As a result I don't think you can read too much (or too little) into that.

IMO Swenson is the most important piece to get back. The defense needs him on the field and it's not a surprise that Ball State gashed UConn after Swenson went out with his concussion.
I think getting Marion back is very important as UConn has lacked a deep threat making the offense easier to defend. If the receiver group is WR 1 = Marion, WR 2 = Clercius, Slot = Turner, and TE = Joly, that will open up the offense.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Although I'd like to believe this is relevant to overall development and how much we've improved, it might be fool's gold.

The schedule really flipped for us the past three games, while the team that won't be mentioned played Louisville, Clemson and Wake Forest their last three.

Well. the obvious thing is UConn went from playing it's three hardest games to three of its easiest and BCU just finished their run of hardest opponents. I'd be worried if UConn hadn't been trending up and BCU not been trending down.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
In the early days of the Rent, when the stadium was full, the program was good and fans were intense and all to often drunk, the Rent was, frankly, not a friendly place to be. I witnessed multiple incidents of UConn fans being violent with other UConn fans, much less with visitors.
I can still vividly remember the massive area on the runway where students (and likely a lot of non-students of a similar age) drinking in a manner that reminded me of my college days.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom