Game Week 2022 - UConn v. #19 Liberty Flames (Senior Day> Saturday 11/12/22 @ Noon on CBSSN) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn v. #19 Liberty Flames (Senior Day> Saturday 11/12/22 @ Noon on CBSSN)

Reaction Score
We’ve got 13 “commits” already; the math won’t work if only 9 move on.
UConn is probably a scholarship or 2 under the limit right now. Throw in kids who move on due to medical/academic issues, transfers, players that decide not to come back for another year, decommits,... and the numbers will ultimately work out.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Fitzgerald still has eligibility. Others who are out of eligibility are Zozus, Swenson, Gjinaj (walk on), and most likely Barboza. That brings it to 9. Normally, we would see some R-Jrs at senior day, but maybe not this year.
I don't see how Swenson could have any remaining eligibility but if by some stroke of luck he and Mitchell both return I really like our defense next year.

Reaction Score
Someone needs to do more research in that write up:
“Defensively, they are playing at a very, very high level,” said Freeze. “That’s concerning to me because I still can’t get out of my mind some of our inconsistencies that can lead us to all of a sudden being in games that are very, very tight even when our defense is playing well. When you see that they are playing at a high level on defense under Coach Mora. He’s got a veteran DC in Spanos.

Reaction Score
From the writeup on UConnhuskies.com:

Prior to Saturday's kick-off, UConn will recognize their 10 seniors in linebacker Marquez Bembry, linebacker Brandon Bouyer-Randle, linebacker Justin Bryant, running back Robert Burns, center Jake Guidone, defensive lineman Kayode Oladele, linebacker Ian Swenson, linebacker Hunter Webb, cornerback Tre Wortham, and long snapper Tommy Zozus.

Bryant, Oladele and Webb are Redshirt Juniors.
Swenson and Wortham are Seniors.
Guidone, Bouyer-Randle, Burns, Bembry and Zozus are Grad Students.

Reaction Score

Prior to Saturday's kick-off, UConn will recognize their 10 seniors in linebacker Marquez Bembry, linebacker Brandon Bouyer-Randle, linebacker Justin Bryant, running back Robert Burns, center Jake Guidone, defensive lineman Kayode Oladele, linebacker Ian Swenson, linebacker Hunter Webb, cornerback Tre Wortham, and long snapper Tommy Zozus.

Overall, that’s an incredibly small number to be losing. The only one on that list with remaining eligibility that I was hoping would stay was Oladele. But only losing one back up from the entire DL rotation is still a very strong position to be in,.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Hopefully Liberty is having travel issue because of Nicole. Would be great if they arrived at Bradley around 3 a.m. :cool:;)

Reaction Score

We are losing 4 linebackers. That will be a concern going into next year.

Reaction Score
the line is down to 13.5 Liberty Smart money is betting their matchsticks on the Huskies. Last weel Liberty was a two td underdog at Arkansas. They jumped on them early, lead 21-0 and held on for dear life and won 21-19, with Arkansas missing their possible 2 point tying try by inches. Anything can happen and just might

Reaction Score
We are losing 4 linebackers. That will be a concern going into next year.
Will we lose a fifth linebacker to the NFL draft? I’ve been wondering where Mitchell would get selected. Does his absence from the list of honorees indicate he is planning on staying for next year?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Despite their top 25 ranking, on an analytic level, Liberty is only slightly better than Fresno State, ranked mid-50s to mid-60s by the sites that look at data other than wins.

It's a winnable game. But it would behoove our boys to score early.

Since I can't post in the storming thread, just want to say that if there is a storming, let's make sure the message is that we became bowl eligible, not because we beat some football "power" in these frauds.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom